first chemo

shortscake
shortscake Member Posts: 228
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello and how is everyone? I had my first chemo to day and it was nice..lol..to be chemo that is they used my port for the first time and i didnt feel a thing.the ladys at the office were so nice.it was a full 3hours looked at a little tv,did a little reading and yes went to sleep.the doctor told me that i am her+ not sure what that ment.he told me i must say i had so much on my mind with this being my first chemo.Just happy that i made it though and didnt cry..lol..hope everyone had a good day.

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Good job!
    The first one is a big one, and now you know what to expect. I had a similar experience with my first chemo. HER2 positive means that you will almost certainly take a drug called Herceptin after your other treatments (or in conjunction) because your tumor overexpressed the HER2/NEU gene. Herceptin is a great drug for HER2 positive women. Good luck.

Mimi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Glad to hear you did the
    Glad to hear you did the first one without complications. Now, get some rest and be sure to stay hydrated. Job well done!!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Glad to hear you did the
    Glad to hear you did the first one without complications. Now, get some rest and be sure to stay hydrated. Job well done!!!

Good job .. Shortcakes ....
    Keep up the positive attitude .. Her2 positive ?

VickiSam
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    VickiSam said:

Good job .. Shortcakes ....
    Keep up the positive attitude .. Her2 positive ?

VickiSam

when i got diagnosed the
    when i got diagnosed the first time her2 came out right after, never had that tested. so glad they have another drug in the arsenal to fight with
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Glad it went okay.
    You'll do

Glad it went okay.
    You'll do fine.
    Peace
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    carkris said:

when i got diagnosed the
    when i got diagnosed the first time her2 came out right after, never had that tested. so glad they have another drug in the arsenal to fight with

hi
    Glad you are doing well...I too and HER2+ and taking Herceptin. Its a great med and lucky to have it! Stay positive girlfriend...let us know how you are doing!
    Sam