I am so bummed..I need you sisters

rjjj
rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am so totaly bummed out, I thought it would be comforting to be here.

About a week ago at work my ring finger started to swell and itch since I work at the Hospital the nurses were trying to get my ring off, and finally the Dr. came over and cut it off ( my mothers ring. ( I was sad) that night I had a rash going around every finger and blistering. I went back to the Dr. next day and he gave me ant-fungal cream which just made it worse it is raw and open and oozing it is freaking me out. My co-workers pitched in to work for me (Thanksgiving too) and I went back this morning , he put me on a antibody and cream and said "it was a mess", the nurses are pissed because he didn't culture it. And it is to late to culture because of the anti-bodies. Please pray it is not staff infection.

I do see my Onc. tomorrow, and I called her Nurse today...who said I may not be able to get my Herceptin (also scheduled for tomorrow) when I heard that I started to cry.

It is the One-year aneversary of the diagnosis...so I am feeling kinda down anyway, and I just needed to be here with all my sweet sistersin pink. I love you.
Jackie

Comments

• kimber10
    kimber10 Member Posts: 47
    Oh Jackie,
    Im so sorry that

Oh Jackie,
    Im so sorry that things are a mess keep your chin up and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kim
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Jackie, sending positive
    Jackie, sending positive thoughts your way that you're able to get your treatment, as scheduled, tomorrow. Also, sending hugs to you. Keep us posted.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    This is a bump in the road,
    This is a bump in the road, Jackie. It sounds like you and your caregivers are on top of it. And here's some hope: it's only you "might" not get your herceptin treatment. You have been through so much already.

I am praying for you, for all around relief and that it is not staph. xoxoxo Lynn
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    We are here for you
    Hello, Jackie.
    I'm here for you.
    I hope your doctor can find what's wrong.
    I do get iching on my hands too but not the swelling.
    I will be praying for you.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    hugs your way...
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    I'm not (obviously) anybody's sister
    But I have an equal right to care about you and feel bad for you when something's going wrong. I will definitely pray that it is not a staph infection.

As for your one-year anniversary, I realize that it is very sad in a way. Some celebrate, which is great for them; my own beloved Moopy tended more toward "uh, really?" But in another way, it really IS something to celebrate. You stared the beast down and drove it off... and in its place you have dear old NED.

If you think for even a minute about everything you have been through in the last 12 months (just for a minute, it's nothing anyone wants to wallow in), you will realize what a tough warrior woman you really are. Then think of all the comfort and wisdom you have shared with the people you know in Terry and with those of us who hang out here - you will realize what a beautiful and joyous gift of God you are to everyone whose life you enter, even for a short time.

I know there is plenty to be sad about, Jackie. But I truly believe there is even more to be proud of and happy about. And remember that Moopster and I are as always just a phone call away.

Love,
    Joe
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Aortus said:

I'm not (obviously) anybody's sister
    But I have an equal right to care about you and feel bad for you when something's going wrong. I will definitely pray that it is not a staph infection.

As for your one-year anniversary, I realize that it is very sad in a way. Some celebrate, which is great for them; my own beloved Moopy tended more toward "uh, really?" But in another way, it really IS something to celebrate. You stared the beast down and drove it off... and in its place you have dear old NED.

If you think for even a minute about everything you have been through in the last 12 months (just for a minute, it's nothing anyone wants to wallow in), you will realize what a tough warrior woman you really are. Then think of all the comfort and wisdom you have shared with the people you know in Terry and with those of us who hang out here - you will realize what a beautiful and joyous gift of God you are to everyone whose life you enter, even for a short time.

I know there is plenty to be sad about, Jackie. But I truly believe there is even more to be proud of and happy about. And remember that Moopster and I are as always just a phone call away.

Love,
    Joe

Well except for the the I'm
    Well except for the the I'm not anybody's sister, I echo Aortus/Joe. He said it all and so well.
    I hope that whatever it is, that it clears up soon. And I hope that your spirits are lifted up also. It's been a tough 12 months and I pray that it gets better and better and no more, even little, set backs.
    Stef
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    I feel your concern. I'm
    I feel your concern. I'm continuing to treat an after surgey infection, which finaly seems to be responding. Take care! You've been thru so much, and you will certainly get thru this infection.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    You have in deed come to the
    You have in deed come to the right place to be both bummed and receive comforting! BIG ((((((((HUGS)))))) to you and also @<~{~~~ a rose AND an ^j^ angel or ^j^ two to give your ♥ the boost it needs!

I also hope it is not a staph infection; that would not be fun at all! It goes without saying that I am sad about your ring being cut off, though it does not diminish who you are, and of course it does not dishonor your mom, whos ring it originally was. But I know how horrible it must have been for you to have that done.

Let us know how you are doing, and of course all of the Kindred Spirits send you their love!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • chenheart
    Is 4 the charm?
    wow Quadruple Post!
  • chenheart
    3 down , one to go!
    Three posts....good grief!
  • chenheart
    1, 2, 3, 4!
    Ok, post number 2~ aren't you glad I at least erase them????? LOL
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Oh, sweet soul, I'm sending my hugs....
    It seems that it's always something, doesn't it? I am sending strong, healing vibes to you, dearheart, I wish for you a FAST recovery!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • jennN
    jennN Member Posts: 40
    ring/infection
    I'm so sorry that you had to have your ring cut off. I hope the doctor is able to find out what the problem is. It's always more stressful waiting for the diagnosis than just finding out....hang in there.

Jen
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    KathiM said:

Oh, sweet soul, I'm sending my hugs....
    It seems that it's always something, doesn't it? I am sending strong, healing vibes to you, dearheart, I wish for you a FAST recovery!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Hi Luv
    Just me with my two-pennorth. I hate to think of you being down. I hope it heals REALLY fast and the new stuff works. Sending HUGE HUGS to you!

Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Oh Jackie.. I'm so sorry
    Oh Jackie.. I'm so sorry that you are having a rough week... know that I am sending speedy positive thoughts your way! You know we love you... and sending loads of hugs to you!! Hang in there!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    jennN said:

ring/infection
    I'm so sorry that you had to have your ring cut off. I hope the doctor is able to find out what the problem is. It's always more stressful waiting for the diagnosis than just finding out....hang in there.

Jen

Oh, Jackie .. Praying for you ...
    Hydrate .... and continue to ask questions, never give up or give in.

Bless you ..

VickiSam
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    taleena said:

Oh Jackie.. I'm so sorry
    Oh Jackie.. I'm so sorry that you are having a rough week... know that I am sending speedy positive thoughts your way! You know we love you... and sending loads of hugs to you!! Hang in there!

♥ & hugs,

~T

So sorry
    I'm so sorry you are feeling down ... but just think about everything you've gone through this past year ... and I bet you will realize that you are much stronger than you ever gave yourself credit for. We're all in this together ... with each other and FOR each other ... and hopefully you can feel our cyber hugs and you'll be feeling better soon.

hugs.
    teena
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    So sorry you are having
    So sorry you are having problems. Sometimes you just want to say, "That's enough!" But they will find what is wrong and help you if you keep after them. Sometimes it takes more then one try. Sending hugs your way. Maybe your ring can be repaired by a jeweler. They resize rings.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    So sorry
    Jackie, that sucks. I'm so sorry about your fingers and the possibility of not getting your Herceptin tomorrow. Whatever it is, they have to figure out if it's a serious infection, or what. I hope it's minor and that you have the Herceptin tomorrow as scheduled. If not though, a short interruption will not hurt, Jackie.

Also, the one-year diagnosis is a doozy isn't it. You've been an inspiration this whole year and someone I could count on. Congrats and many, many more years to come. This hand thing is just a blip, I'm thinking. You'll be better soon.

Mimi
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    fauxma said:

Well except for the the I'm
    Well except for the the I'm not anybody's sister, I echo Aortus/Joe. He said it all and so well.
    I hope that whatever it is, that it clears up soon. And I hope that your spirits are lifted up also. It's been a tough 12 months and I pray that it gets better and better and no more, even little, set backs.
    Stef

So sorry to hear of your

So sorry to hear of your current problems, Jackie.

I agree with Stef, that Joe said it all so beautifully. I just prayed for the rash, your treatment tomorrow and most of all that God will keep you strong!

Joyce