Surprise Plans for my upcoming cancerversary

Options
RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Feb. 22 will be my 3rd year cancerversary as Mimi so aptly put it. Tonight as I sat on one couch with my laptop and my husband was on the other with his laptop he asked me to come sit next to him he wanted my opinion. He was ordering tickets for us to attend the Farewell Tour of Topol in Fiddler on the Roof in San Francisco at the Golden Gate theatre on Feb. 20....I am so stoked!!! It is my favorite (movie) play and what a surprise, I can hardly wait ladies I am bursting with excitement and had to share with all my bc buddies.

RE

Comments

• jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    So happy for you. What a
    So happy for you. What a great way to celebrate and what a nice guy! He's a keeper!

Joyce
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Cool! Cool! Cool!!!!!
    Sounds GREAT!!!! I LOVE going 'to the show'!!!!

And what a great hubby you have!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Tradition!!!
    I know you will love, love, love, every minute of the play! Such fabulous music! Such a great story! And Topol! What a Treat! I can feel your smile all the way in Santa Ynez!

My sister only reminded me last week of a Fiddler story. Years ago, she was part of a duet and would sing at local weddings ( OMG~ my sister The Wedding Singer!) to earn extra money while she was in school. She and her singing partner were to sing one of the songs from Fiddler for the father/daughter dance at the reception. The bride, bless her heart was a 300+ pound, not so pretty of face but obviously in love Bride. But when they had to start singing "Is this the little girl I carried?" they all but lost it!

Have fun sweet RE~ you and your darling husband deserve this!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Tradition!!!
    I know you will love, love, love, every minute of the play! Such fabulous music! Such a great story! And Topol! What a Treat! I can feel your smile all the way in Santa Ynez!

My sister only reminded me last week of a Fiddler story. Years ago, she was part of a duet and would sing at local weddings ( OMG~ my sister The Wedding Singer!) to earn extra money while she was in school. She and her singing partner were to sing one of the songs from Fiddler for the father/daughter dance at the reception. The bride, bless her heart was a 300+ pound, not so pretty of face but obviously in love Bride. But when they had to start singing "Is this the little girl I carried?" they all but lost it!

Have fun sweet RE~ you and your darling husband deserve this!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen,
    Oh, what a picture. I

Chen,
    Oh, what a picture. I saw a wedding on some TV show and the bride was also very, very large and the father daughter dance was to Daddy's Little Girl. I did laugh out loud, after all it was a show and no one knew.
    Re, Fiddler is one of my favorite shows. I saw this show in SF long ago and I think that Topol was the lead then. And my daughter has done this musical twice. Both times as Chava. She brought tears to the orchestra the first night when she burst into tears when her father rejected her. She has always wanted to be the middle sister and sing that poignant solo, but she is so sweet faced that she is the ideal Chava. Great show, and I love the Golden Gate Theater. Have a wonderful time.
    Stef
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    wow RE
    we are so close together I didn't realize. I was diagnosed Feb 19, 2007 and had my surgery March 22, 2007. I had a great party to go to in Chen's neck of the woods on 3/22 last year, have no idea what, if anything, we will do for the next one. Yours sounds great, and I know you will have a wonderful time.
    =^..^=
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    cats_toy said:

wow RE
    we are so close together I didn't realize. I was diagnosed Feb 19, 2007 and had my surgery March 22, 2007. I had a great party to go to in Chen's neck of the woods on 3/22 last year, have no idea what, if anything, we will do for the next one. Yours sounds great, and I know you will have a wonderful time.
    =^..^=

What a lovely surprise~
    ~I know how you must feel, it is always exciting to have something to look forward to!!
    M
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Options

What a lovely surprise~
    ~I know how you must feel, it is always exciting to have something to look forward to!!
    M

cool
    I love that play. What a great celebration.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    always said:

cool
    I love that play. What a great celebration.

Oh What Fun ... What
    a terrific way to celebrate.

Enjoy every minute.

VickiSam
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Oh What Fun ... What
    a terrific way to celebrate.

Enjoy every minute.

VickiSam

Hi Re
    I was surprised to see that you're celebrating your 3rd cancerversary. But congratulations are in order. What a great loving gesture your husband has made. Enjoy every minute of the play, its wonderful. C'mon, CELEBRATE!
    (Chen you cracked me up with your sister story.LOL)
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Hi Re
    I was surprised to see that you're celebrating your 3rd cancerversary. But congratulations are in order. What a great loving gesture your husband has made. Enjoy every minute of the play, its wonderful. C'mon, CELEBRATE!
    (Chen you cracked me up with your sister story.LOL)

:-)
    Sunrae I actually have 2 cancerversaries, this one is from the last battle with cancer which was less aggressive thankfully. The other is from my first two battles which were linked and were very aggressive, that one is 12 years out, almost 13! So you see things are good!

Hugs,

RE
  • SherryAF
    SherryAF Member Posts: 31
    Options
    RE said:

:-)
    Sunrae I actually have 2 cancerversaries, this one is from the last battle with cancer which was less aggressive thankfully. The other is from my first two battles which were linked and were very aggressive, that one is 12 years out, almost 13! So you see things are good!

Hugs,

RE

Just wondering -- do most of
    Just wondering -- do most of you count your anniversary on the day of diagnosis, the day of the mammogram, the day of surgery, or when? I'm new to this, and I was just wondering. Thanks!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Re, it sounds like an absolutely wonderful time. You so deserve this great surprise! I love San Francisco, too!