If you only knew how you have affected me....thank you, thank you, thank you.....

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been crying. A lot. I have been trying to read your ornament posts outloud to my sweet Reggie, but I keep crying. I can't get through the loving expressions you all make without dissolving in tears. I am not even sure why~ but I do have some ideas.

You all touch me in ways you cannot begin to understand. Of course that isn't true~ we have touched each other, sight unseen in ways that I know you never expected either. The closeness, the honesty, the caring, the love, the Family ~ when you ventured into the ACS website and then read and finally posted on these boards, did you ever expect to feel so utterly free and connected with sisters you probably will never meet in person? With every warning you have ever given your children, did you hesitate for a minute to send me your name and mailing address? Did you expect the overwhelming feelings you are now experiencing at getting an ornament from a Secret Sister? OMG~ read your posts! They are eloquent. They are important. They are so incredibly heartfelt that they reduce me to tears.
All I wanted to do was exchange ornaments with Kindred Spirits..no pressure, not a big expense, not even, in the world of political correctness, religious overtones. And if you only knew how many of you responded you would be shocked/impressed and humbled. I know I was. And still am.

When I read how you reacted to the package being delivered, I was stunned. When I read what this means to you, I am stunned. And when you thank me, who did nothing but ask if you wanted to be a part of this~ my heart is so filled with emotion that I cannot speak.

You honor me, you humble me, and I want you all to know...the ones who participated, the ones who are living vicariously through our ornaments, the new ones, the long timers~ thank you. You make all of the struggle worthwhile. Thank you for sharing your lives with me...you deserve peace, health and happiness.

Hugs and gratitude,
Chen♥

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    thank you, dear chen
    When I first saw the post that you posted concerning the ornaments, without hesitation I sent you a private message. A little later I thought about the ramifications, is it really OK to send my real name and my address to a total stranger? I didn't tell anyone because I thought they would think it wasn't wise. But in my heart I felt like it was alright.

We're all so different, different ages, races, religions (or lack thereof) but we're all bonded through a common fight and that's breast cancer. I never thought I could feel so close to a group of people that I've never met. And because we all KNOW ... we know what it is like ... it makes us not strangers, but fellow soldiers. THANK YOU, CHEN, for offering to do the gift exchange. For me, it was more than a gift. I've received grace and comfort in a very hard time. And for that ... I am so thankful.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Chen
    Dawn said that so well.

Chen
    Dawn said that so well. And you moved me to tears with this post. Yes, your original idea was a nice ornament exchange but what your actually created was a further bonding of our sisterhood. An excitment and sense of anticipation. A true sense of the holiday spirit of giving, not just an ornament, but of ourselves. We are touched by one another, care for each, and love each other. We don't care what we look like, what we believe or don't believe in, we just reach out and help one another. These ornaments are the physical enbodyment of that caring. A little piece of each other to treasure and hold. What a spectacular gift that it. My heart is full just knowing all of you and reading the joy that you are experiencing with this exchange. I truly cannot wait until I can meet you, my dear 50 foot friend.
    Stef
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    chen,we all love you for what you did for us this christmas.
    I think the pleasure goes both ways.To receive my ornament from one of the sisters in Pink,will be one of my favorite things.I can not wait to put it on my tree.What a blessing for all of us.When looking at my ornament it will mean many things to me.I will remember that you Chen started this wonderful ideal.and that the person who sent it knows my heart,because I exspress my feelings on this sight,when I can not tell my own family sometimes.Love,frienship and caring.And that the person sent it knows what is like to live with BC.I could go on and on.God Bless you Chen.Love and Prayers.(PPurdin)(Pat).
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    So much more than an ornament
    You are all so amazing! I too have enjoyed a very emotional experience while reading these posts.
    There is a bond like no other here and I am grateful to have had all of you here helping me to get through! There have been countless times when this was my only source of comfort.
    Chen, this is so much more than an ornament excahnge. It is a symbol of the unbreakable bond we all have forged. You have started something wonderful!
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    elm3544 said:

So much more than an ornament
    You are all so amazing! I too have enjoyed a very emotional experience while reading these posts.
    There is a bond like no other here and I am grateful to have had all of you here helping me to get through! There have been countless times when this was my only source of comfort.
    Chen, this is so much more than an ornament excahnge. It is a symbol of the unbreakable bond we all have forged. You have started something wonderful!

A person of great Integrity~
    ~that is what I have sensed all along from the reading of your posts. It is like love letters to each other, back in the day, before computers~snail mail~was the carrier of notes of encouragement, sympathy, information....this is our 21st century form of communicating all those feelings and emotions to one another. I value this "place" so greatly. It has ministered hope and encouragement to me numerous times. Helping me rejoice and celebrate in the good moments. And, it is because of thoughtful, caring, and gentle people like you Chen~and all the other ladies here~ Sisters ~ for certain.
    Melanie
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Your turn to cry
    So at least it isn't just me. You bring tears to many eyes often. As I have pointed out before. They feel good. They are healing. It is a blessing to be blessed by being a blessing...my best to Chen
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    You are the sweetest
    I'm out and about in DC and writing this from my iPhone, but I had to respond. You are a bright light and an inspiration to so many women. Often, when I am feeling down, you put things in perspective. You should know how very much you have affected US! I don't need to meet you in person to know the type of woman you are -- I knew the first time you responded to one of my scared posts. You do all you can to make the women here feel less afraid and more loved, so I'm not at all surprised that you are the mastermind behind the ornament exchange. Yes it makes us happy -- just like you do everyday.

Love you,

Mimi
  • LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Chen, you are beautiful and
    Chen, you are beautiful and eloquent. When I read your post, I became enchanted. You have put in words feelings that some people take a lifetime to express. Thank you for being here for me and for all of us. We love you.

Peace,
    Linda
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Never hesitated
    Chen - I never hesitated for a seond to get involved and send you my personal information. I am a security freak, I don't do facebook because I don;t want to put my picture out there. When I received my ornament I was surprised and thrilled to get a package. I still have to send mine out but I will on Monday. My husband asked me what I was doing giving my name and address to someone I didn't know. I explained that he needed to trust me that if I thought for a moment something bad could happen I wouldn't have done it. He waited a second and said you're right, ok. I received more than an ornament. Warmth, hope and caring were sent through the mail to me thanks to you. Thank you so much for arranging the this.
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Chen
    You know I never hesitated a minute to send you my name and address for the exchange and I cant tell you how much thought and time I spent finding just the right ornament for my sister. The ornament is much more than something pretty or cute to put on the tree but something real and solid to hold onto when its nighttime and I am afraid. I can hold onto something and know that there is a real bond with all of you who are battling the same fears that I am battling. There truly is a connection that all of you understand but its hard to describe to someone who hasnt been there.

I have said it before and I will say it again...my cancer has been devastating in so many ways but there have been many positives that have come from this diagnosis. Finding all of you is really at the top of the list.

Thanks again Chen for doing this for all of us. It means so much more than you can know

Hugs
    Linda T
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Thank you to all of you!!!
    Thank you to all of you!!! You are all an amazing group of women and I'm so thankful that I logged on several months ago. I, too, without hesitation sent my personal information to Claudia. I had read your replies for months and know in my heart that you are truly a kindred spirit. Thank you for taking on the challenge of the ornament exchange. In my mind and heart I know that this is more than simply an ornament, it's a gift of love from another kindred spirit.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Thank you to all of you!!!
    Thank you to all of you!!! You are all an amazing group of women and I'm so thankful that I logged on several months ago. I, too, without hesitation sent my personal information to Claudia. I had read your replies for months and know in my heart that you are truly a kindred spirit. Thank you for taking on the challenge of the ornament exchange. In my mind and heart I know that this is more than simply an ornament, it's a gift of love from another kindred spirit.

Chen ... you are a treasure!
    As others have said ... I did not hesitate for a minute to send you my name and address. It was such a wonderful idea and yet one more way we can share with our special BC family. I too have spent a lot of time trying to find "just the right" ornament ... in fact the shopping for it may be just as special as receiving mine from my secret sister. This family is truly amazing. I have tried to express the "specialness" of our family to others but I'm sure there is no way they will ever know how very close and special a group can be ... without every meeting each other in person. I cannot possibly put into words how much each and every one of you mean to me. Without you I don't think I could manage this "journey." All I have to do is log in to this site ... and I instantly feel those cyber hugs ... and instantly feel stronger.

love to you all.

hugs.
    teena
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    tgf said:

Chen ... you are a treasure!
    As others have said ... I did not hesitate for a minute to send you my name and address. It was such a wonderful idea and yet one more way we can share with our special BC family. I too have spent a lot of time trying to find "just the right" ornament ... in fact the shopping for it may be just as special as receiving mine from my secret sister. This family is truly amazing. I have tried to express the "specialness" of our family to others but I'm sure there is no way they will ever know how very close and special a group can be ... without every meeting each other in person. I cannot possibly put into words how much each and every one of you mean to me. Without you I don't think I could manage this "journey." All I have to do is log in to this site ... and I instantly feel those cyber hugs ... and instantly feel stronger.

love to you all.

hugs.
    teena

You are the Best Sisters, anywhere!!
    See how you all are??? We are indeed Kindred Spirits, Sisters, Friends, Warriors, Survivors, we are all we need to be! Thank you for your kind words everyone; with the ornament exchange this holiday is truly not just one for the books, but for the heart as well!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    chenheart said:

You are the Best Sisters, anywhere!!
    See how you all are??? We are indeed Kindred Spirits, Sisters, Friends, Warriors, Survivors, we are all we need to be! Thank you for your kind words everyone; with the ornament exchange this holiday is truly not just one for the books, but for the heart as well!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Oh Chen, you have created
    Oh Chen, you have created another row to that wonderful blanket that we share, (rather are for eachother) or tapestry.. ;-) and you my friend help add to the vibrant color!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    taleena said:

Oh Chen, you have created
    Oh Chen, you have created another row to that wonderful blanket that we share, (rather are for eachother) or tapestry.. ;-) and you my friend help add to the vibrant color!

♥ & hugs,

~T

Chen
    I feel I speak for all of us when I say that you are our nothern star. Everything you do is done with concern for others. You are a giver and a gift to each of us here. It's no wonder your heart is so full right now of the Love and bonding we share. Thank You for being an insperation to me in my times of being frightened.. Giving of yourself is truly your calling and it shows on this board and all the other people who's lives you have touched and blessed.

God Bless You Chen!!!

Big Hugs!!
    Calleen