my sister arrived yesterday

newbiefromcananda
newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
my sister arrived yesterday and she had shaved her head..........:)now thats love....
Lisa

Comments

• Goldenguru
    Goldenguru Member Posts: 23
    What a beautiful gesture of
    What a beautiful gesture of support and love. My daughter offered to do the same for me - and I was SO touched.

Support means everything. I'm so glad you have a good support system.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    That's love...
    I had a couple of guys at work shave their head for support. Now that I think of it, their both kind of bald! lol. Guess that's when you say to yourself, it's the thought that counts. Love to you and your sister.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Katz77 said:

That's love...
    I had a couple of guys at work shave their head for support. Now that I think of it, their both kind of bald! lol. Guess that's when you say to yourself, it's the thought that counts. Love to you and your sister.

My husband wanted to but he
    My husband wanted to but he had a huge head and we all begged hime not to LOL
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Awww!!
    How awesome is that? You're very fortunate to have such a loving sister! It's so important to count our blessings and not our misfortunes! You are so deserving, Lisa!

Hugs ~ Mar
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Awesome sister! I had offers
    Awesome sister! I had offers but declined. Perhaps if I had a sister I would have said yes,or been like you and been surprised!
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    How wonderful, what a loving
    How wonderful, what a loving thing to do. It must have made you feel so good.
    tj
  • carkris
    tjhay said:

How wonderful, what a loving
    How wonderful, what a loving thing to do. It must have made you feel so good.
    tj

and yes I forgot to mention,
    and yes I forgot to mention, that LOVE will get you through.
  • carkris
    carkris said:

and yes I forgot to mention,
    and yes I forgot to mention, that LOVE will get you through.

and us!!!!

and us!!!!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    carkris said:

and us!!!!

and us!!!!

You have one amazing sister!
    You have one amazing sister! Family is so important and especially at times like these when we really need all the love, support and comfort we can get. I have an amazing sister too and we're so close we can almost read each other's thoughts. Sometimes I'll be thinking of her and the phone will ring, its her. And vice versa. Tell your sister she's a great cheerleader.
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Cool!
    I read your post and it made me cry. Not only because it shows how much your sister loves you but it made me realize that I don't think I have anyone that would have done that for me except maybe my husband (and his hair is so short now it wouldn't be that much different).
  • newbiefromcananda
    Wolfi said:

Cool!
    I read your post and it made me cry. Not only because it shows how much your sister loves you but it made me realize that I don't think I have anyone that would have done that for me except maybe my husband (and his hair is so short now it wouldn't be that much different).

for everyone
    thanks she is an awesome sister and anyone who doesn't have this kind of support can use her as a gesture of love she did it for all of us <3xxxoooo Lisa
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Your sister is the best!
    It was a brave thing for a woman to do and it is a gesture that shows how much she loves you! My husband shaved his head. His hair grew back alot faster than mine. I'm still wearing hats and scarves. It meant alot to me for him to do this. My best friend was going to shave her's but I told her it was not necessary. I live in Az and she lives in Tn!
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129

for everyone
    thanks she is an awesome sister and anyone who doesn't have this kind of support can use her as a gesture of love she did it for all of us <3xxxoooo Lisa</p>

My Daughters
    I have two daughters that both have beautiful long hair. When I had my mastectomy, they both said they were going to shave their heads when I had chemo. Well, when the time came, they both were pretty reluctant. I told them I didn't need them to do that, but I said if you will donate some of your hair to Locks of Love, that would be wonderful. Their hair was long enough to do that and so they did. That was last April. Now their hair is growing out again, and I think they did a good thing. Connie
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Lisa
    That it pretty cool....no one shaved their heads for me, but I still love them anyway!!!

Give your sis a hug from me

Hugs
    Linda t
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Wow what a beautiful gesture
    Wow what a beautiful gesture on the part of your sister. Does she live nearby?If not even more admirable for her to do that for you. Hugs to both you ladies.
  • newbiefromcananda
    contrail said:

My Daughters
    I have two daughters that both have beautiful long hair. When I had my mastectomy, they both said they were going to shave their heads when I had chemo. Well, when the time came, they both were pretty reluctant. I told them I didn't need them to do that, but I said if you will donate some of your hair to Locks of Love, that would be wonderful. Their hair was long enough to do that and so they did. That was last April. Now their hair is growing out again, and I think they did a good thing. Connie

thats so nice
    wow thats amazing and for a good cause , you must have been proud Lisa