hello

kimber10
kimber10 Member Posts: 47
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi new to this I joined back in June but this is the first I have really wrote I had a bl mastectomy in July no chemo or radiation just Tamoxefin but thought it might be nice to talk to some people who know what I'm going through my family has been super supportive but sometimes I think they really dont know what to say to me

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Welcome! Although sorry for
    Welcome! Although sorry for the reason that you're here. It has been soooo helpful to me to find other women who are going through the same thing. There is a great comfort and strength in knowing that you're not alone. I hope that you find strength, support, comfort and encouragement through the women you meet here.
  • kimber10
    kimber10 Member Posts: 47

Welcome! Although sorry for
    Welcome! Although sorry for the reason that you're here. It has been soooo helpful to me to find other women who are going through the same thing. There is a great comfort and strength in knowing that you're not alone. I hope that you find strength, support, comfort and encouragement through the women you meet here.

Thank You so much it is a
    Thank You so much it is a huge comfort in just knowing there are people who can answear questions and share experiences.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Hello
    Welcome to the site. You are in good company.

Pat
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Hard to know
    I am going to have the same thing done on Dec. 11 only with reconstruction. It is very hard to know what to say to someone when they hear news like yours. I don't even know what I want to hear sometimes so don't be too hard on your family. I almost feel like a fraud because I don't have to go through chemo or rads. It seems too easy and that scares me.
  • Angel_4_James
    Angel_4_James Member Posts: 73
    I am new on here....
    I have been on here few days and already have been overwhelmed with the love these sweet ladies share. The wisdom they have to give and do so freely. I have not started my chemo yet, so I have no wisdom to give, but I can pray for you and I know there are women on here that will have the right words for you at the right time.

Blessings and have a very wonderful Thanksgiving.
    ~Angel~
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    HI kimber10
    I had bilateral mastectomy in may and just finished chemo in october. I am still doing herceptin for a year and will start a clinical trial in about 2 wks plus will need to do reconstruction after the first of the year....what a ride,hey???

My advice to you is to stay postive and to stay active. My new motto is LIFE IS GOOD, and I really believe that. The small stuff that I used to stress over just isnt important anymore, you know?

Hugs

LInda T
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    mlmjt1 said:

HI kimber10
    I had bilateral mastectomy in may and just finished chemo in october. I am still doing herceptin for a year and will start a clinical trial in about 2 wks plus will need to do reconstruction after the first of the year....what a ride,hey???

My advice to you is to stay postive and to stay active. My new motto is LIFE IS GOOD, and I really believe that. The small stuff that I used to stress over just isnt important anymore, you know?

Hugs

LInda T

Not Alone
    Just wanted to welcome you and let you know you are not alone. Many have been in your shoes and you've come to the right place for comfort, support and lots of hugs. I haven't had surgery yet but I come to this board and can find out amazing experiences and information, things that are not in any book. Hope we can cheer you up and make a difference. There are a lot of cheerleaders here and I count on them everyday. Sending you love and prayers.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Hi Kim and welcome! You
    Hi Kim and welcome! You will find lots of info and support on this site.

HUGS