Nicest thing....

Sher43009
Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
The nicest thing happened to me today. I was in Kohls buying my rad approved cotton bras and met a one year survivor in line. I told her I was starting my rads on Monday and she gave me a lot of encouragement and talked with me while walking out to our trucks. I told her I was impressed on how much of her hair had grown back. She got all excited and pulled out a bag of crocheted caps that she made to donate to her cancer center and wanted to give me one. This random act of kindness brought tears to eyes. I told her I would definitely pay it forward. Where would we be without these angels????

Sher

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    THANK YOU, Sher...
    ...for sharing this.

After reading on e_hope's thread the thoughtless and even cruel things that e_hope and Rague have experienced, it's SO important to hear positive stories, and to remember that there are some kind, generous people out there, too.

If you have a chance, post a picture of yourself in the cap -- it would make a very appropriate avatar, no?

Traci
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    That is so nice! there still
    That is so nice! there still are some really nice people in this world. I have had 20 RADs and I still have no burns. I was so worried, so now I have 5 more regular and 5 boosts. Did you have a lumpectomy or mastectomy?
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    lanie940 said:

That is so nice! there still
    That is so nice! there still are some really nice people in this world. I have had 20 RADs and I still have no burns. I was so worried, so now I have 5 more regular and 5 boosts. Did you have a lumpectomy or mastectomy?

I had a lumpectomy in June,
    I had a lumpectomy in June, 4 Adriamycin/Cytoxan (A/C) and could do only 1 Taxol. I'm on Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year and will start Tamoxifen soon for 5 years. I will have 35 radiation treatments with some of them being the boosts as well but can't remember how many.

I'll post a picture when I can get someone to take it and figure out how to get it from my camera to this site. lol!! I'm thrilled I can post here.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Awwww.....she is one of the
    Awwww.....she is one of the Kindred Spirits to be sure! But, as we know, those of us who have been there really do "get it", don't we? It's nice to find the fellow-feeling! And you of course have the honor of paying it forward! YAY!

Hugs,
    C♥