thankful for this site

Options
e_hope
e_hope Member Posts: 370
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just want to express how thankful I am for this site.

The woman here are so powerful and full of knowledge.. My only regret is that I found you so late into my treatment. I wish ACS would spread the word about these discussion boards when you call them.. I spoke with them in Feb and didn't find out about this place till end of August... PS thank you Taleena

This diagnosis is such a roller coaster ride of emotions and it nice to have a place to speak and get and give advice so openly.

As Thanksgiving approaches you ladies are another thing on my list that I am thankful for this year...

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    I agree
    I wish I I find this site much earlier. It is a very inspirational place for me and I am thankful to everyone who has been here for support, knowledge and openness.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    New Flower
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

I agree
    I wish I I find this site much earlier. It is a very inspirational place for me and I am thankful to everyone who has been here for support, knowledge and openness.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    New Flower

E-Hope, I agree totally.
    E-Hope, I agree totally. Some of the best advice has been received right here. I've learned a lot from these ladies, and as a result it has made this chemo walk a bit easier.

I also like the fact that no one minds and encourages us to vent, share, and talk about anything going on. I'm very wordy as many of you can see from my posts, but it seems to sit just fine with everyone.

This website has been my major support system, and I try to check in a couple times each day for that special boost.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I started a campaign....
    I always have a few CSN brochures with me. I made sure all of my doctor's offices have them, and I give them to people I talk to on the streets..

Yes, it IS an amazing site! It sure helped me thru many a dark moment....

Hugs, Kathi
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I found it early
    Like right after diagnosis and I'm not sure I would have kept my sanity without it. I, too, am very grateful for this site and recommend it to anyone I think would benefit from it.

Maureen
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Options
    Also Thankful
    I feel much like you do, e_hope. I began this journey in December of 2008, but didn't find this websight till August 2009. It would have been so comforting at times during my treatment to have these wonderful women to consult with. I, too, want to tell all of you how courageous and strong you are. I know I must be one of the oldest women on this sight, and when I see and read of the battles that you young women are going through, my heart just breaks. You have my total respect. You are the BEST! My prayers are with each and everyone of you at this holiday season. May you all have peace in your hearts and strength in your soul to keep up your fight. Connie
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    contrail said:

Also Thankful
    I feel much like you do, e_hope. I began this journey in December of 2008, but didn't find this websight till August 2009. It would have been so comforting at times during my treatment to have these wonderful women to consult with. I, too, want to tell all of you how courageous and strong you are. I know I must be one of the oldest women on this sight, and when I see and read of the battles that you young women are going through, my heart just breaks. You have my total respect. You are the BEST! My prayers are with each and everyone of you at this holiday season. May you all have peace in your hearts and strength in your soul to keep up your fight. Connie

I feel so close to all of
    I feel so close to all of you now that I found you. As soon as I was diagnosed I knew I needed to find others in the same journey I'm having. No one understands unless it happens to them. I always felt bad for anyone going thru bc and didn't know how to help. Now I know what helps us, its our sisterhood, sharing our innermost thoughts, feelings, pain, sorow, anger, and all the rest that goes with having bc. Its a fight we didn't want to fight but now the battle is at our front door and we can't escape it. I've seen how strong and courgeous and loving my fellow warriors are and it makes me proud to be part of such a great bunch of sisters. Love each and every one of you, Sunrae