Found a new lump after BC & would like some input

mdl817
mdl817 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
A week ago, I was at a party & listening intently to conversations while stroking the inside of my knee. I didn't realize why -- there was a lump there, hard, rolling, connected to something. I got the exact same response in my gut instinct as I did with the tumor in the breast. That rock bottom NOOO! I am about to go to Oncologist for I guess, 3 mo follow up from end of Herceptin, (Chemo & RADs ended a year ago next month.) Markers CA-15-3 Still high. I am on charity locally, so my onco is reluctant to do anything beyond the breast. I can hear her telling me to go to the "clinic" its a popliteal cyst. Baloney.

I am so scared. It is near the outer left back of knee but up a few inches. It seems attached to that thin bone outside of knee that flexes. I had HER2neu +3 with no estro in previous breast tumors - and yes, lymph nodes removed with 2+ including sentinel.

Has anyone, with HER2neu BC had metastasis to the leg, bone, or soft tissue sarcoma? What the h could this be? Shouldn't I at least demand a biop or scan from our health clinic?

Comments

• LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Be demanding!
    You should definitely demand examination and treatment for this! Money should not be an obstacle to your health. Did your oncologist actually say that she is "reluctant"? That's not the same as "unable." Remember, it just might be a cyst and nothing to worry about. Get some solid information.

Peace.
    Linda
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    LC815 said:

Be demanding!
    You should definitely demand examination and treatment for this! Money should not be an obstacle to your health. Did your oncologist actually say that she is "reluctant"? That's not the same as "unable." Remember, it just might be a cyst and nothing to worry about. Get some solid information.

Peace.
    Linda

ultrasound
    probably should be a first step. Ask you oncologist for diagnosis.
    Do not worry before you find it out.
    It could be anything.
    Good luck
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    i would have it checked out,
    i would have it checked out, but my husband has had on on his leg(lower leg) all his life. It's in the muscle, his doesn'I move that much, it's solid. I have a lot of lumps, but i have Neurofibromatosis(all on the inside) that was why my Oncology surgeon insisted they biopsied and removed the ones in my left armpit area.