My surgery

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My surgery for removal of the tissue expanders and silicone implants put in took place last Tuesday 11/10. Everything went fine. Day surgery. Surgery at 10:15 and on the road to come home at 2:30. Took pain pills Wed. and Thurs. then none after that. Was driving on Thurs. Walked in a small Veteran's day parade with Jake on Wed. Went back to work Monday.

Had a bra fitting on Thursday--haven't worn a bra since 2/2.

One week follow-up appt today in Massachusetts. 3 hrs drive one way for a 5 min. appt. Worth the drive.

I'll keep you posted as how the surgeon thinks everything looks.

Hugs,
Margo

Comments

• always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Sounds good
    So far it sounds like you are doing really well. You deserve it! Always keeping everyone's spirits up with the funnies. My best wishes and prayers will be with you while you wait for the rest of the news from the surgeon.
    becky
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    always said:

Sounds good
    So far it sounds like you are doing really well. You deserve it! Always keeping everyone's spirits up with the funnies. My best wishes and prayers will be with you while you wait for the rest of the news from the surgeon.
    becky

Margo, sounds like

Margo, sounds like everything is going well; but we know that you always keep going no matter how hard things are. Please have a safe trip today, and let us know how your appointment goes.

Joyce
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Margo
    So glad everything went so well for you. Keep up the good work!! Hugs, Diane
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Margo, so glad to read that
    Margo, so glad to read that everything went as planned. You deserve it. Thanks for the update.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    MyTurnNow said:

Margo, so glad to read that
    Margo, so glad to read that everything went as planned. You deserve it. Thanks for the update.

One week follow up
    Left the house at 6:45am got there at 9:50 saw the doc everything looks good was back in the car at 10am. Back home at 1pm.

Doing the same trip next week.

At this point I don't know if I am going to do the nipples and tattooing or not.

Margo
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256

One week follow up
    Left the house at 6:45am got there at 9:50 saw the doc everything looks good was back in the car at 10am. Back home at 1pm.

At this point I don't know if I am going to do the nipples and tattooing or not.

Margo

bumping up
    someone was looking for this post Margo...just bumping it up
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    always said:

bumping up
    someone was looking for this post Margo...just bumping it up

Margo!
    Huge sigh of relief for you and the 'Little Man'... Great news. Gentle Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member

One week follow up

Margo

Looking Good
    Glad to hear this, Margo. Of course, we can see the new photo of you and Jake, so we know you are definitely looking good!

Thanks for the update. You and Jake have a good rest of the week. We are getting a new internet provider Friday, so maybe I will be able to keep up better. Wishing you and Jake a good rest of the week and weekend.
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Margo
    I am so happy everything is going well with you and that the reconstruction went well. I feel like I have so far to go but you are getting there so I know I will too.

By the way...great photo of you and your little guy

Hugs
    Linda T
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Margo
    I am so happy everything is going well with you and that the reconstruction went well. I feel like I have so far to go but you are getting there so I know I will too.

By the way...great photo of you and your little guy

Hugs
    Linda T

Great News Margo
    I am glad that it all went so well. Its so nice to hear good news.