Coming to you live from the National Press Club

mimivac
mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well I'm at an all day conference on disability and workers compensation. Catered lunch so that's good. Ok my boss is about to speak -- I wrote his talking points, so he better do well. I'll check in with you guys later.

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Does that mean you are
    Does that mean you are pretending to be working? Hope your boss don't read this thread! When my boss would give his monthly talks I'd go into la la land and think about more important stuff but look like I was listening. I never missed nothing because his secretary would type everything in minutes and give everybody a copy. I almost got caught once tho when he said something serious and I was smiling.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Way to kick off Year 2, Mimi!
    Hope your boss does a good job of not messing up his talking points.

And Marcia, one of the nice things about having tenure is that if I feel like napping during a department meeting - even if the department head (she was my first office mate 22 years ago) is talking - I take a nap.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Aortus said:

Way to kick off Year 2, Mimi!
    Hope your boss does a good job of not messing up his talking points.

And Marcia, one of the nice things about having tenure is that if I feel like napping during a department meeting - even if the department head (she was my first office mate 22 years ago) is talking - I take a nap.

I've decided that there are
    I've decided that there are some things in life we should sleep or daydream through.
  • mimivac
    Ha ha
    Yes, after I made sure he wasn't talking nonsense, I kind of tuned out. Then during the break I was talking about how another executive didn't use my points, and she was standing right behind me. Yikes. Anyway, we're going into lunch now...
  • mimivac
    Darn, I'm back at work
    Well, so the conference ends at 3:30 and I think I can sneak out and maybe grab a drink at the Willard (a point of reference for anyone who visits DC -- go to the Willard hotel; it's beautiful and historic -- every President has stayed there). But then my boss comes up and has me hold her purse and coat while she goes to the bathroom! So, of course we end up going back to the office together. Everyone else -- gone, offices empty, no lights on, probably out having drinks and dinner. And here I sit alone, working. LOL.

Claudia, I was wearing my black Steve Maddens today, and I definitely hope that executive didn't hear me. Yes, next time I need to keep busy chewing!

Mimi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    mimivac said:

Ha ha
    Yes, after I made sure he wasn't talking nonsense, I kind of tuned out. Then during the break I was talking about how another executive didn't use my points, and she was standing right behind me. Yikes. Anyway, we're going into lunch now...

Ahhh sweetie~ all is
    Ahhh sweetie~ all is forgiven, I'm sure! LOL But at this time of day, the next time you open your mouth, insert lunch, not your no doubt petite,and beautifully shoed (is that a word?) foot!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • mimivac
    Finally, a drink and tuna tartar!
    Left work and am now cozy and comfortable at Ceiba -- an elegant Latin American restaurant downtown. Very cool atmosphere! Cheers everyone.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    mimivac said:

Finally, a drink and tuna tartar!
    Left work and am now cozy and comfortable at Ceiba -- an elegant Latin American restaurant downtown. Very cool atmosphere! Cheers everyone.

A Day in the Life of our Mimi
    The National Press Club? The Willard Hotel? Places I've only read about. I do enjoy these big city/career girl moments you have.

Have you ever thought of your own reality show? Mimi in DC, or something. Only thing is: if you're the subject, you can't be the film maker. It's a puzzle...