Eyes, Glasses and our Sight

Options
natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok it was confirmed to me today. Yes our vision can be affected by chemo. I was advised not to get my eyes checked or new prescription until chemo is finished. She said my eyes should improve once this treatment is completed. I'll wait and see.

Comments

• Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    YAY!!
    Something else to look forward to once we shove this part of our journey under the rug! :))
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

YAY!!
    Something else to look forward to once we shove this part of our journey under the rug! :))

Yep
    My onc told me the exact same thing yesterday. This too shall pass
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    eyes
    My chemo finished in September of 2007, my eyesight had gotten much worse throughout, but never got better. Might just be me, but who knows.
    =^..^=
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    cats_toy said:

eyes
    My chemo finished in September of 2007, my eyesight had gotten much worse throughout, but never got better. Might just be me, but who knows.
    =^..^=

Yeah Cat,
    I'm the same way.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Yeah Cat,
    I'm the same way.

yes, going down
    I finished Chemo 11 months ago and keep changing glasses. I never had them before treatment.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

yes, going down
    I finished Chemo 11 months ago and keep changing glasses. I never had them before treatment.

Hmmm - No improvement after
    Hmmm - No improvement after chemo? Yikes, I know age has something to do with this, I hope I dont end up with tri-focals and thick coke bottles. Maybe I will follow my first plan and get my eyes checked now. If my eyes improve after chemo, I can always go back to wearing my current glasses.
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Natly
    My doc told me the exact same thing. To wait awhile before getting my eyes checked. He said they usually improve. I guess everyone is different. Hugs, Diane
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    chickad52 said:

Natly
    My doc told me the exact same thing. To wait awhile before getting my eyes checked. He said they usually improve. I guess everyone is different. Hugs, Diane

I have noticed my near
    I have noticed my near vision is getting worse. used to be able to squint now need my glasses. I wear bifocals but dont need a new script yet.
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options
    carkris said:

I have noticed my near
    I have noticed my near vision is getting worse. used to be able to squint now need my glasses. I wear bifocals but dont need a new script yet.

eyesight
    I noticed that my sight deteriorated during chemo., but it is slowly improving (I'm 8 weeks out from last chemo).

A reduction in estrogen may also be responsible for a change in vision. I noticed a change after my hysterectomy and ovary removal 3 years ago and another change after my BC dx (and I went off hormone therapy). Be patient, it should improve.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Eyes
    I had the same problem with my eyes. My oncol said it's from dry eye and told me to use natural tears. It has helped with the blurriness.
    Sher