Social Security disability

Options
sweetvickid
sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Have been told I should look into ss disability. Does anyone know if breast cancer qualifies. I definitely am not going to find a job now, so I have stopped my job search.

Comments

• LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    I can't imagine it
    I can't imagine it wouldn't!! You should have a local Social Security field office near you where you can actually talk to someone. The search feature is on the Social Security website.

Peace,
    Linda
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I was approves
    They approved me. I am stage IV with mets to my spine, liver and ribs. I worked for 21 years as a family law paralegal. Lifting was part of my job, boxes, files, stuff like that, nothing really big or heavy. I was approved for 3 years then a review. I really think going in - in person makes a difference if you are able to do that. Let us know!!!

Libby ♥
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

I was approves
    They approved me. I am stage IV with mets to my spine, liver and ribs. I worked for 21 years as a family law paralegal. Lifting was part of my job, boxes, files, stuff like that, nothing really big or heavy. I was approved for 3 years then a review. I really think going in - in person makes a difference if you are able to do that. Let us know!!!

Libby ♥

yes, BC is qualified
    for SSDI. Your oncologist office should help with it. Ask for social clinical worker who will navigate you through the process.
    Good luck
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options

yes, BC is qualified
    for SSDI. Your oncologist office should help with it. Ask for social clinical worker who will navigate you through the process.
    Good luck

Web site
    The official website is www.socialsecurity.gov. It has the application and will answer your questions. If you have early stage breast cancer, this will probably not apply. However, I know someone with Stage IV who had no problem getting social security disability.

Good luck.

Roseann