Rubber legs side effect?

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This side effect started about a week ago. My thighs feel like I did a thousand knee bends. My nurse said it's like rubber legs, and thats exactly what it's like. I can walk but tire easy like I walked miles. I just did #3 chemo today, feeling fine so far. Anyone else's legs feeling like this?

Comments

• Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Hi Laurissa
    I do have to say my legs do get achy..not too bad yet. I just had #4 about 5 days ago...leg pains seem to intensify the more and more treatments I have.
  • Sam726
    Hi Laurissa
    I do have to say my legs do get achy..not too bad yet. I just had #4 about 5 days ago...leg pains seem to intensify the more and more treatments I have.
  • Sam726
    Hi Laurissa
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    I've just had one treatment
    I've just had one treatment - but I noticed leg weakness - especially when climbing stairs, etc. My calves seemed to be worse than my thighs. . .

Lori
  • S3
    S3 Member Posts: 28
    I am on treatment 5 of 6 and
    I am on treatment 5 of 6 and my legs feel rubbery for the first time. It's scarry walking as I am scared I will fall. Not able to go to work today because of it. I keep telling my self that this too will pass. Hang in there.
  • cantthink
    cantthink Member Posts: 36
    S3 said:

I am on treatment 5 of 6 and
    I am on treatment 5 of 6 and my legs feel rubbery for the first time. It's scarry walking as I am scared I will fall. Not able to go to work today because of it. I keep telling my self that this too will pass. Hang in there.

glutamine and meat
    I'm new here, on day 8 of TAC, and trying to learn everything at once, of course.
    More protein and a bit of glutamine might help, (MY doc approved it) it is supposed to make your muscles work better. And prevent nueropathy which I already have, :(. I didn't get enough protein these first few days, I used to be a vegan, and didn't really understand just how much protein I have to replace, now I'm eating a bit of meat every few hours, it's cured intense headaches, really sore throat and gums, unbearable weakness and I can't remember the rest! I still can't think!!!! I hadn't slept for days.
    YIkes this is hard! GOOD LUCK and prayers!
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Laurissa
    Yep! Same thing happened to me after the 2nd. First my legs felt weak, then it escalated to the rubber legs. Sometimes I would stand up and feel like I was going to fall down. While I was shopping, I would have to stop for a few minutes to regroup. Then at night while I was trying to sleep, I felt like I had the restless leg syndrome and would have to get up and walk around or do some leg lifts to make them stop. Gotta love that Chemo!
    Hugz,
    Cathy