3 more treatments of a/c

esti
esti Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Will I feel any worse for my next treatment? I lived through my first one, but I am a little scared moving forward. It has been 10 days and thank G-d, I still have hair with minimal loss.

What is in store for me?

Peace, Love, Light and Healing !!!

Comments

• Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    TAC
    I am on TAC, which is the same as yours only with the addition of Taxotere. I will have a total of 6 treatments every 21 days. I just had my 2nd this past Thursday. I began losing my hair on the 14th day after my 1st treatment. I was in the shower rinsing out the shampoo and my hair came out in clumps. I couldn't deal with that, so I went and got it buzzeed to a really short pixie and started wearing a wig. I have thought about buzzing it all the way but it has just about all fallen out on it's own. I had hopes that maybe I would be one of the lucky ones and not lose my hair. It seems no matter how much we're prepared, it's still somewhat of a shock when it happens. Just find peace in knowing that it's only temporary and it WILL grow back (I'm still trying to find that peace, lol). My 2nd treatment went as well as my first. I get a lot of aches & pains from the Neulasta shot and usually peak with that the day after the shot, then things tend to go gradually uphill from there. My onc said that the first treatment is usually a barometer for how the rest will go. Of course, I'm a newbie like you and can't tell you much more than that, but I know I feared the 2nd might not go as well as the 1st and it did.

I can only say this isn't nearly as bad as I anticipated and hope that I continue to say that when it's all over. I've heard many say 'it's doable'... and I believe it. It's a shame we have to play this bad card we were dealt, but believe in that we can win!

Wishing you continued success! Mar
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Sending big hugs!
    One down, 3 to go!!!!! YEA!!!!

I started seriously losing my hair about day 15 after my first chemo....got it buzzed the day after my second chemo because I had LOTS of hair, and was tired of waking up with a facefull!

I drank LOTS of water....tried for 4 quarts a day...day before, day of, and day after infusion...now, 4 plus years later, I have no neuropathy (common...I called them the 'tingles' in my fingers and toes) to speak of, and my hair is back full force...

I'm wishing for you that you are part of the 1% that doesn't lose your hair...I know I was hoping, too...but, again, even as bald as a cue ball like I was, it's temporary, and I now have hairdressers finding the need to thin mine every 6 weeks!!!!!

Are they watching your heart function? Have you had an Echo Cardiogram or a MUGA scan? This is my latest cause...my onc did nothing, and I am now, 4 years later, having my heart checked...

Hugs, Kathi
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    A/C treatments
    Do the count down! I did my chemo every 2 weeks and my first A/C was the worst. I learned to take the anti-nausea meds even if I wasn't nausea. I also took advil for the bone aches after the neulasta shot. Drank a lot of fluids and ate. Make sure you eat.

My chemo was on Wed. and by the Fri. of my 2nd treatment my hair started coming out. My sister cut it really short and my brother-in-law shaved my head. They had a glass of champagne (I had a sip) to celebrate my "new look". My head gets very cold and I couldn't find a hat soft enough to sleep in that had no seams, so I went to the fabric store and got some fleece and made triangle scafs. Turn them around so the knot is on your forehead--very soft and warm.

Hope this helps.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Sher43009 said:

A/C treatments
    Do the count down! I did my chemo every 2 weeks and my first A/C was the worst. I learned to take the anti-nausea meds even if I wasn't nausea. I also took advil for the bone aches after the neulasta shot. Drank a lot of fluids and ate. Make sure you eat.

My chemo was on Wed. and by the Fri. of my 2nd treatment my hair started coming out. My sister cut it really short and my brother-in-law shaved my head. They had a glass of champagne (I had a sip) to celebrate my "new look". My head gets very cold and I couldn't find a hat soft enough to sleep in that had no seams, so I went to the fabric store and got some fleece and made triangle scafs. Turn them around so the knot is on your forehead--very soft and warm.

Hope this helps.

I did ac every 2 weeks. Make
    I did ac every 2 weeks. Make sure you always take nausea drugs. I was on a drug called Emend, I never got sick. Did not always feel real good,but no nausea.As the treatment continued 4 rounds every 2 weeks I lost my hair right after my 2nd treatment and I just did not feel very well. On day 3 after treatment I would kinda feel like I had the flu for about 3 days and then I would be fine again. I had no problems with the neulasta shots. I am now on Taxol and herceptin and getting through it all. Good luck, just hang in there.