Another newbie here!!

DianaLou
DianaLou Member Posts: 30
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am so happy I found this site!!! I was recently diagnosed with DCIS, and have undergone a ductogram and 2 lumpectomies. I will be meeting with the radiation doc tomorrow to get my measurements and marked, and whatever else they do there. I am told I will have 6 weeks of daily radiation, then some sort of drug therapy. They have not yet decided what kind of drugs will be appropraite for me because of a past history of blood clots. I have been reading the posts here and think I have found a 'home.'

I have not seen my symptoms spoken about here, although I probably have missed it. My routine mammogram in March came back fine, no problems. Then in August I experienced a nipple discharge. Another mammogram was taken, and again it came back okay. No lumps could be detected, either by my or the doc. But further exams and proceedures found the DCIS.

I'll be interested to hear from others who are sharing my diagnosis.

Comments

• newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    welcome...
    what exactly will

welcome...
    what exactly will you be having done radiation, do you know stages etc, after you speak with your DR let us know, this site is amazing!!!!! take care and talk to you soon....Lisa xo
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Welcome
    Hi Diana,Sorry you had to come here but you will find a home here. I don't have the same dx but there will be others here who will be able to help you. There are fantastic people here who have handled almost everything out there, came thru all of it and say its doable. There is so much support, knowledge, experience, comfort and love going back and forth. I'm waiting for my tumors to shrink so I can have surgery. Much of the time I just come here and read what's going on with everyone. It's so encouraging and when someone is going thru a rough time, everyone jumps in until it passes. Again welcome and come back often.
  • DianaLou
    DianaLou Member Posts: 30
    Sunrae said:

Welcome
    Hi Diana,Sorry you had to come here but you will find a home here. I don't have the same dx but there will be others here who will be able to help you. There are fantastic people here who have handled almost everything out there, came thru all of it and say its doable. There is so much support, knowledge, experience, comfort and love going back and forth. I'm waiting for my tumors to shrink so I can have surgery. Much of the time I just come here and read what's going on with everyone. It's so encouraging and when someone is going thru a rough time, everyone jumps in until it passes. Again welcome and come back often.

Thanks!!
    Thanks for the warm welcome Lisa and Sunrae. Hopefully after tomorrow I will have more answers. Just reading the boards here has helped me tremendously.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Welcome
    I don't have DCIS, I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, but I did have a lumpectomy and am meeting with my radiation oncologist for the first time tomorrow also. Maybe we can compare notes!

I may not be able to start the radiation right away, though, because we're still deciding about chemo and won't know until December 4th. Since I know I'll need the radiation sooner or later, I'm going to get that as squared away as possible so that if I get to skip chemo I'll be good to go.

This site is wonderful for getting real-life stories, opinions, information, empathy, encouragement, and laughter. I'm so glad you found it!

Good luck to you tomorrow, and keep us posted on how you're doing.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Welcome
    I don't have DCIS, I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, but I did have a lumpectomy and am meeting with my radiation oncologist for the first time tomorrow also. Maybe we can compare notes!

I may not be able to start the radiation right away, though, because we're still deciding about chemo and won't know until December 4th. Since I know I'll need the radiation sooner or later, I'm going to get that as squared away as possible so that if I get to skip chemo I'll be good to go.

This site is wonderful for getting real-life stories, opinions, information, empathy, encouragement, and laughter. I'm so glad you found it!

Good luck to you tomorrow, and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Welcome, I also have
    Welcome, I also have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. I had a lumpectomy, currently in chemo,will need to do rads for 6 weeks and Herceptin.
  • Keithnjillsmom
    Keithnjillsmom Member Posts: 1
    Newbie as well.
    Hi... I just found this sight. I wished I had it last year!
    I was diagnosed with DCIS-non invasive, in October of 2008 had a lumpectomy and 6 weeks of radiation and done. I went back for a check up and another lump was found about 2 inches from the last spot. I underwent another lumpectomy, and more radiation. I am now on Nolvadex twice daily. I am sick as a dog when ever I eat solid food. I am 38 now, is there a possiblity that I am pre-menapausal, and that is causing the nausia and vomiting? I am also extrememly tired. My doc says it will pass, but it has been 3 weeks!
    Please help!