Thanksgiving recipes

chickad52
chickad52 Member Posts: 497
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know it's last minute, but do any of you have any special recipes you'd like to share that is a family tradition?

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    As an appetizer, I must say
    As an appetizer, I must say that everyone loves and looks forward to my Baked Brie with cranberries wrapped in Puff-pastry! I buy and thaw a frozen puff pastry, flour it a bit and roll it to 1/8" thickness, put a wheel of brie in the middle of the pastry, add a big dollop of cranberry sauce ( not jelly)to the brie, fold the pastry around the brie, put an egg wash on the pastry and bake it for 15-18 mins until the pasty puffs up and gets golden brown. I serve it with tiny toast rounds and sliced apples....gooey, and yummy!

Hugs,
    C♥
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    PINK STUFF
    1 LARGE CONTAINER COOL WHIP
    1 CAN OF CHERRY PIE FILLING
    1 CAN OF CONDENSED MILK
    1 CAN OF CHOPPED PINEAPPLE (DRAIN WELL)

MIX ALL THE ABOVE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER TILL COMPLETELY BLENDED. PUT IN THE REFRIGERATOR OVER NIGHT. IT IS OH SO YUMMY!!!!

IF DESIRED YOU CAN PLACE IT IN A COOKIE PIE CRUST FOR A DELICIOUS PIE.

RE
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    RE said:

PINK STUFF
    1 CAN OF CONDENSED MILK

MIX ALL THE ABOVE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER TILL COMPLETELY BLENDED. PUT IN THE REFRIGERATOR OVER NIGHT. IT IS OH SO YUMMY!!!!

RE

My Mum
    Always included Tiny cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon and baked in the cooker. It's called Pigs in Blankets... Sometimes she put stuffing in there too...delicious!
    I usually do cabbage..Peppered and Buttered and of course Yorkshire Puddings.......Oh Man.. You made me hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Booberta
    Booberta Member Posts: 61
    RE said:

PINK STUFF
    1 CAN OF CONDENSED MILK

RE

No recipe appetizer
    While my family is waiting for all the food to be done and served, I like to have a few appetizers on hand. The easiest and most inexpensive I've found are pinwheels. Its virtually recipe free:

Get some tortillias, cream cheese, spices, flavorings and prepared meats,cheese and condiments.

Soften the cream cheese and mix with the flavorings/spices/condiments of your choice.
    Spread the cream cheese on the tortilla. Top with prepared meat and cheese if you like.

Roll them up, place toothpicks at about 1 inch intervals and slice between the toothpicks to make the pinwheels. Cover and stick them in the fridg. I usually get them out about an hour before serving.

The sky is the limit with these things:

Start with a half an 8 oz package of softened cream cheese. Throw in s little bit of horseradish, mustard if you like. Spread this onto the tortillia. Sprikle on some grated swiss cheese. Layer on thin sliced roast or corn beef. If you like add another layer of the cream cheese mix, toss on chopped dill pickles and roll it up. I like to make these ahead of time to let the flavors meld.

Again the sky's the limit with these. They are simple and fun to make. Enjoy
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    tasha_111 said:

My Mum
    Always included Tiny cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon and baked in the cooker. It's called Pigs in Blankets... Sometimes she put stuffing in there too...delicious!
    I usually do cabbage..Peppered and Buttered and of course Yorkshire Puddings.......Oh Man.. You made me hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NO!!!
    YOU made you hungry and US TOO! ;) Sounds very delicious! Gosh, I truly hope I don't lose my tastebuds for Thanksgiving!!
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Yummy
    These all sound so yummy and easy,which is great!! Hugs Diane