elizarose Member Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I want to fall in love.

Just needed to get that out...

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    That's a good sign!
    You must be feeling pretty darn good to want to go out on a limb and fall in love. That's terrific!

I'm remarried for 10 years but if I were dating again, I would definately take advantage of the online dating services. I would be very interested in the ones that match you up with someone who has the same interests.

Most important is that your feeling "open" and willing to fall in love.

Roseann
  • ritazimm
    ritazimm Member Posts: 171
    elizarose
    I pray that you will fall in love! It is a wonderufl feeling. But.....
    right now......I recommend that you work on falling in love with yourself. BC is pretty hard on the self esteem but I think that if you can focus on loving yourself, in spite of the physical, mental and emotional scars, that someone out there will notice this and fall in love with you too. I do KNOW that the scars we carry, do NOT prevent others from falling in love with us. There are people that are willin/able to either over look those scars or rejoice in them for they have helped make us who we are.

I'm praying for love for you! It sounds like a great reward for all that you've been through!

Rita
  • elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124
    ritazimm said:

elizarose
    I pray that you will fall in love! It is a wonderufl feeling. But.....
    right now......I recommend that you work on falling in love with yourself. BC is pretty hard on the self esteem but I think that if you can focus on loving yourself, in spite of the physical, mental and emotional scars, that someone out there will notice this and fall in love with you too. I do KNOW that the scars we carry, do NOT prevent others from falling in love with us. There are people that are willin/able to either over look those scars or rejoice in them for they have helped make us who we are.

I'm praying for love for you! It sounds like a great reward for all that you've been through!

Rita

You are so sweet to pray for
    You are so sweet to pray for me, thank you!
  • LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Love
    That is a beautiful post. It's filled with promise and hope.

Let yourself heal. You'll know when you're ready to venture out. Sometimes it will be painful, but it's nothing compared to what you've already been through. I think BC makes us all smarter and braver, don't you?

xoxo
    Linda
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Yes
    As you know, I can relate, Eliza. But I think we got some very great replies here tonight! Rest well, keep your boxing gloves on, and wake up to a new and wonderful day tomorrow! Our prayers will be answered!

Love, Mar
  • zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Hello eliza,
    Been seeing you in the chat room, and perhaps you have noticed that I have a 'honey' there now?
    Well, let me tell you, if this can happen to ME it can happen to anyone.
    I have been separated/divorced for 14 years as of this coming New Year's Eve (yah, go figure). Not ONE date in all that time, by my choice (not that they were lined up at my front door by any means), but then a casual conversation in the chat room blossomed into a connection...and...well, we shall see.
    It can happen any time any place, but usually when you least expect it. Just do as these other ladies have advised and love yourself enough to let the world see that you are lovable. And above all, stay always aware of God's love for you...now that puts a bloom on the cheek and a sparkle in the eye that no God-fearing man can overlook.
    God bless.