Excruciating Pain in the legs

B 1
B 1 Member Posts: 19
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Mom (72 and is at a Rehab Center for the past 3 weeks is now 5 minutes from my house, she was not eating or taking her meds, she lives 70 miles away) had one treatment of chemo last Friday (Cytoxan and Taxotere) . She has T2 N2 M1 Tumor Shape 3. She has been flushed, hot with NO temperature, nausea, sugar is low so meds where adjusted, sores in her mouth and throat. And pain -- Thursday night she fell, she did not have any additional pain, but yesterday (Friday) she could not even stand. They took X-ray to be sure nothing in the hip area was broke and it is not. But her legs hurt to move them, nor can she stand at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Linda – Norwalk, OH
Live today because tomorrow is not promised..

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Pain in Legs
    Did she have a Nuelasta shot the day after her Chemo? This shot has been known to cause long bone pain. Mine was mostly in my ribs and calf bones.

Donna
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Pain in legs
    Dear Linda
    I am 68, so close to your Mom's age, and I know if I fell,(and I have before) and no bones are broken, there are ligaments muscles etc that may very well have been hurt, sprained stretched twisted or whatever, I could not stand or walk for 5-6 days without help and had alot of pain.
    Certainly I hope it is a good thing she is a rehab facility and they will investigate further, it's really not enough to just look at the bones I feel. I am not a medical professional, just someone who has experienced a fall.
    Wishing you and your Mom better days
    sgamtd
  • B 1
    B 1 Member Posts: 19

Pain in Legs
    Did she have a Nuelasta shot the day after her Chemo? This shot has been known to cause long bone pain. Mine was mostly in my ribs and calf bones.

Donna

No Shot was giving
    She did not receive any injections the day after. We are into day 3 of this pain in her legs. Tonight she said she just wants to die, cause the pain is so bad. I know she does not want to be here, I get she misses my dad. I just don't want her in this kind of pain.
  • maryruthk
    maryruthk Member Posts: 2
    B 1 said:

No Shot was giving
    She did not receive any injections the day after. We are into day 3 of this pain in her legs. Tonight she said she just wants to die, cause the pain is so bad. I know she does not want to be here, I get she misses my dad. I just don't want her in this kind of pain.

pain in the leg
    i had pain in my right leg after my chemo .. they told me i would have aches and joints may feel like i have the flu. I had a hard time walking for a couple of days and used a cane. I was told I could use tylenol for pain. make sure she drinks lots of water .. I feel so bad for her with the lost of her hubby. But she has to know he would want her well. Just keep encouraging her this is something that she can get through.. I will pray for her . I get my second chemo the 17tt. the leg aches have gone away.. be sure and check with your nurse before taking any pain drug .. they encourage you to call ..take advanage of this when you need help.
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    pain
    I'm sorry your Mom is in so much pain. I know you said she had her hip x-rayed but did they x-ray her pelvis ? How about her spine. Those are areas that could be hurt. It could also be that she pulled her muscles. Hopefully, the pain will subside and she will be feeling better soon. Keep us informed . HUGS!! Cathy