Crabby

Sam726
Sam726 Member Posts: 233
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I find that a few days after chemo I am a crabby you know what! I get so irritated and snap at everyone. I know they are trying to help but how many times can someone ask me if Im okay? lol...I got so crabby today I shut my phone off, took a lorazepam...and ahhhhhh, I suddenly dont care! I love this stuff! takes the edge off..problem is I try and work from home, answer calls and I get mad when things start piling up. I shouldnt do this to my self. Anyone else get crabby?

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Sorry Sam
    You have every right to be crabby whenever you want. We all do. Fighting bc is hard, hard work and our emotions are just hanging out there. You are not alone. Everyone of us get crabby, are crabby and some even stay crabby. OOPS, I am not telling who. lol Just go easy on yourself and realize that chemo and bc are not easy. Be kind to yourself!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    So Positive
    Sam you are always so positive and supportive on the boards that a little crabby can't do any harm at all. And like Jeanne said this is a hard fight...you deserve to be crabby from time to time. A few days after chemo I realized I was snapping at everything anyone said. I finally just warned them all that I was going to snap for the rest of the day because I felt irritated and agitated and couldn't define why.

b
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    So Positive
    double post sorry
    b
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    me 2
    Sam, hello...
    your not alone....
    me 2...
    i finished chemo Sept 20th...
    currently on rads(30)..5 more to go...
    i'm so tired of people asking me how am i doing???
    i just fake it and say ok...fine...
    if i say how i really feel they are not going to understand
    and there is nothing they can do...
    i'm irritable, crabby, tired....etc, etc. etc....
    we are on the same boat....
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Taina said:

me 2
    Sam, hello...
    your not alone....
    me 2...
    i finished chemo Sept 20th...
    currently on rads(30)..5 more to go...
    i'm so tired of people asking me how am i doing???
    i just fake it and say ok...fine...
    if i say how i really feel they are not going to understand
    and there is nothing they can do...
    i'm irritable, crabby, tired....etc, etc. etc....
    we are on the same boat....

Sam you are not alone!! I
    Sam you are not alone!! I find the 3rd thru 6th day after chemo to be my worst in all ways including crabby. I'm irritable and I also hate the phone calls. My relatives are out of state, but I just dont feel like talking. Can you imagine, I'm one of the wordiest people I know, and although I know they care, I dont want to talk about how I feel. It's a process. I start feeling like myself 3 to 4 days before my next chemo, and then it's all downhill until 3 or 4 days before my next chemo. There really isnt much to say. So "Crabby Sam", be crabby, our current behaviors are quite normal, for this very abnormal process.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    natly15 said:

Sam you are not alone!! I
    Sam you are not alone!! I find the 3rd thru 6th day after chemo to be my worst in all ways including crabby. I'm irritable and I also hate the phone calls. My relatives are out of state, but I just dont feel like talking. Can you imagine, I'm one of the wordiest people I know, and although I know they care, I dont want to talk about how I feel. It's a process. I start feeling like myself 3 to 4 days before my next chemo, and then it's all downhill until 3 or 4 days before my next chemo. There really isnt much to say. So "Crabby Sam", be crabby, our current behaviors are quite normal, for this very abnormal process.

Hey Sam
    You are on chemo. You have bc. I think that is more than enough reasons to be crabby.

Just do what you can, when you can. If you have to shut the world off for awhile, then

do it. This time it is about YOU!

Sue :)
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Ritzy said:

Hey Sam
    You are on chemo. You have bc. I think that is more than enough reasons to be crabby.

Just do what you can, when you can. If you have to shut the world off for awhile, then

do it. This time it is about YOU!

Sue :)

Sam
    I was never sure if my losing my voice was a side effect of the taxotare or because I spent 3 days screaming at Him! Maybe it was a mixture........Hugs Jxxxxxxx
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    tasha_111 said:

Sam
    I was never sure if my losing my voice was a side effect of the taxotare or because I spent 3 days screaming at Him! Maybe it was a mixture........Hugs Jxxxxxxx

thanks girls
    Was beginning to think i was a royal b!#*%...my mom is so great. Normally she would fight me til the death, figuratively speaking, but she really has learned to bite her tongue when I snap. If you knew the woman, you would be speechless! lol
    Stay strong girls
    Sam
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Sam726 said:

thanks girls
    Was beginning to think i was a royal b!#*%...my mom is so great. Normally she would fight me til the death, figuratively speaking, but she really has learned to bite her tongue when I snap. If you knew the woman, you would be speechless! lol
    Stay strong girls
    Sam

Hey Sam. We all go thru it,
    Hey Sam. We all go thru it, don't worry about it.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    hey sam
    I am crabby alot

hey sam
    I am crabby alot right now (and I haven't even started chemo yet) I wonder what I am going to be like when I start lol Crabby and crabbier (hugs) Lisa
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I'm still a crab and I
    I'm still a crab and I haven't been on chemo since 2004! Can I still use it as an excuse like chemo brain?
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Marcia527 said:

I'm still a crab and I
    I'm still a crab and I haven't been on chemo since 2004! Can I still use it as an excuse like chemo brain?

I think my middle name is
    I think my middle name is crabby. lol You will be fine. BC just does it to us.

Leeza
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Sam726 said:

thanks girls
    Stay strong girls
    Sam

I thought crabby was one of the
    biggest side effects of chemo!
    -Jenny
  • JmG86
    JmG86 Member Posts: 53
    Hey Sam,
    I just finished

Hey Sam,

I just finished doing chemo and they were giving me a steroid drip with it. I suspect that a lot of people get the steroids with the chemo. I think they are to blame for a lot of moodiness. I had to ask my doctor to cut them down, I was getting so crazy. It worked too. Still was crabby, but not the foaming at the mouth she-devil I was!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    JmG86 said:

Hey Sam,
    I just finished

Hey Sam,

I just finished doing chemo and they were giving me a steroid drip with it. I suspect that a lot of people get the steroids with the chemo. I think they are to blame for a lot of moodiness. I had to ask my doctor to cut them down, I was getting so crazy. It worked too. Still was crabby, but not the foaming at the mouth she-devil I was!

I am mostly quiet but when I
    I am mostly quiet but when I get crabby my husband looks at me like what is your problem? I snapped him the other day because I said the water didnt taste good, and he inisisted water doesnt taste like anything, and I said he could be the judge of that if he was on chemo. I think with bottled water its the container, things smell differently, etc... anyway God love him the man has never had anything, and I've had alot, and quite this gets old quick especially if you dont feel well. So overall I think i am pretty good, I am on lexapro, but yes i get crabby.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I personally do not know
    I personally do not know what you are talking about! I was the proverbial ray of sunshine from diagnosis through surgery, chemo and up until the day I finished radiation. I was never scared, nor did I cry, worry or act anything but the lady I am. My family and friends were never even aware I was ill~ had it not been for the radical change in my appearance, ya know, no hair brows or lashes, I am certain no one would have been the wiser!
    I wasn't exhausted, I was never ever crabby, no one ever said an unkind ( stupid) word to me, my house stayed clean, my sex life was never interuppted~ in short, I have no idea what you are referring to!

OMG~ I can't type any longer~ 2 things just happened! My nose suddenly grew so flippin long that it is smacking the computer screen everytime I move my head, and, my pants are on fire!!! What does this mean? Why is there a nursery rhyme saying "Liar, Liar" playing in my head?

Feel your feelings, sweetie~ we have all had them, and I dare say, with all we are going through, we earned/deserve them! I can still remember the cumulative exhaustion, coupled with me trying to act like I was fine , which I was sooo not, combining in a major crash and burn. Almost 7 years later I remember the melt-down as if it was yesterday...

As always, in this place, you are in good company, even when we are acting badly! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Sam
    I noticed how you capitalized "Crabby"! Oh yes, I too have had days of being a royal B***h! We have the perfect right to be! Maybe you need to shut the world off more often,it seemed to of worked! I wish I had some of those La-La pills! :-) I just try to sleep it off. Or I come on here and read a joke or see a story that makes me feel greatful that I don't have it so bad and it usually works. So, as you can see, you are definetely NOT alone!
    Hope you're feeling better!
    Cat