Anyone taking Lyrica for nerves misfiring?

helen e
helen e Member Posts: 223
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My Dr. put me on Lyrica yesterday because my breast has been hurting a lot lately. If anything rubbed against me it was painful, aven my t-shirt at night. Doc said that my nerves are misifring all the time and he put me on Lyrica. Has anyone had this problem and/or been on this medicine?

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    I had same problem
    Now I am going through it with my abdominal incision. It is extremely painful. Mine calmed down in my breast about 2 months after surgery. My abdominal surgery is about 5 weeks old and the nerve pain is going strong. I have been toughing it out, so I hope the Lyrica helps you. Keep us posted to let us know if it helped. Pammy
  • helen e
    Akiss4me said:

I had same problem
    Now I am going through it with my abdominal incision. It is extremely painful. Mine calmed down in my breast about 2 months after surgery. My abdominal surgery is about 5 weeks old and the nerve pain is going strong. I have been toughing it out, so I hope the Lyrica helps you. Keep us posted to let us know if it helped. Pammy

I tried toughing it out
    I tried toughing it out (thought I was overdoing it too much) but I'm a big wimp!! I'll let you know how/if it works.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Lyrica
    Actually I was put on Paxil because the Nerve drugs just didn't cut it. Mine is for lymphedema as a result of cancer and treatments. Recently I have been having additional problems with pain so nerve doc put me on Lyrica, I did not bode well on it. It increased the swelling in my hand and arm and for each day I was on it I gained at least a pound. I am heavy so I cannot afford to gain a pound a day. It also increased my headaches (prone to migraines) and dizziness. You may be okay on it but be cautious check on this link for more info.

http://epilepsy.emedtv.com/lyrica/lyrica-side-effects.html

You will need to copy and paste it. My oncologist talked to me afterwards and said quite a few people have problems with Lyrica.

RE
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    RE said:

Lyrica
    Actually I was put on Paxil because the Nerve drugs just didn't cut it. Mine is for lymphedema as a result of cancer and treatments. Recently I have been having additional problems with pain so nerve doc put me on Lyrica, I did not bode well on it. It increased the swelling in my hand and arm and for each day I was on it I gained at least a pound. I am heavy so I cannot afford to gain a pound a day. It also increased my headaches (prone to migraines) and dizziness. You may be okay on it but be cautious check on this link for more info.

http://epilepsy.emedtv.com/lyrica/lyrica-side-effects.html

You will need to copy and paste it. My oncologist talked to me afterwards and said quite a few people have problems with Lyrica.

RE

Thank you sharing this information about lymphedema and Lyrica. I was advised by PCP use Lyrica to minimized pain in my arm and breast to improve night sleep. I do have lymphedema and I am glad that have not started Lyrica yet. The last thing I need to increase swelling in my arm and hand.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member

Thank you sharing this information about lymphedema and Lyrica. I was advised by PCP use Lyrica to minimized pain in my arm and breast to improve night sleep. I do have lymphedema and I am glad that have not started Lyrica yet. The last thing I need to increase swelling in my arm and hand.

Lymphedema
    I have several pages on lymphedema with some pretty good info if you are interested. THey are on page 15 of my page I think. Just click on my name then the expressions area of my page and page 15.

Also lymphnet.org has a lot of information.

Are you wearing an arm sleeve, they help to relieve the pain and swelling, I wear mine all the time. Somewhere on my page I have photos of the type of sleeves I wear.

Hope this has been helpful,

RE
  • helen e
    RE said:

Lymphedema
    I have several pages on lymphedema with some pretty good info if you are interested. THey are on page 15 of my page I think. Just click on my name then the expressions area of my page and page 15.

Also lymphnet.org has a lot of information.

Are you wearing an arm sleeve, they help to relieve the pain and swelling, I wear mine all the time. Somewhere on my page I have photos of the type of sleeves I wear.

Hope this has been helpful,

RE

No arm swelling
    I don't have arm swelling and I'm barely eating at all (not that I eat much anyway) BUT I sure want to sleep all the time. The first day I was light headed and wanted to sleep but I was just tired the second day. Today I am tired again - took a nap cor 1 1/2 hours and would have slept longer but the phone woke me up. Now 4 hours later I want to go back to bed! I'm sure I'll get used to it, and that won't last forever. I am having head aches and am taking my migraine medicine more. I hope this isn't causing them - time will tell.
    Thanks for sharing your info. I appreciate a heads up.

Helen