Calling Rad girls, ???

pinkkari09
pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Have a question?? I have 9 more Taxol treatments, then bilateral mastectomy, both ovaries and all lymph nodes removed, then 7 weeks of radiation to go. What I'm wondering, is will my hair grow back during radiation or does radiation cause your hair to fall out also. They will be radiating the breast tumor sight, my inner mammery node (in my chest wall) and my supraclavicular node (near my collar bone/neck area). Thank you in advance for your replies!!
Kari

Comments

• elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    I don't think radiation will
    I don't think radiation will stop your hair from growing any place but under your arm. Mine is growing in and I will be finished on Monday. It sounds like you are going through alot right now.
    I hope everything is going smoothly for you!
  • Lymph23
    Lymph23 Member Posts: 23
    Didn't stop mine
    Don't think radiation will stop your hair growing back. It didn't stop mine. In fact mine started growing soon as finished chemo. Hope all goes well for you. Keep positive I believe that is half the battle. All my best wishes are with you.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Radiation,
    Hi,i just started radiation.My Dr. said it wouldn,t effect my hair,just under my arm.Its been over a month since my last radiation treatment and my hair is growing back.I might have to shave it again for it to come in good.Sounds like your going through quite alot right now.I will say a prayer for you.Try to stay strong,I know it gets pretty tuff,but you can do this.We are here if you need us.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    ppurdin said:

Radiation,
    Hi,i just started radiation.My Dr. said it wouldn,t effect my hair,just under my arm.Its been over a month since my last radiation treatment and my hair is growing back.I might have to shave it again for it to come in good.Sounds like your going through quite alot right now.I will say a prayer for you.Try to stay strong,I know it gets pretty tuff,but you can do this.We are here if you need us.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

No hair
    My rads killed my hair under my arm and everywhere else that it was aimed at, both times, that I had radiation treatments. My hair never grew back even under the arm that got radiation treatments over 24 years ago. So, that was one benefit I thought.

I will pray for you! Stay strong.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    hair will grow back
    Kari:
    Hi, i'm on my # 25 rads treatment today, 5 more to go.
    My hair is growing a lot while rads. I don't see any hair
    growing under my arm(affected area). I wish you the best.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Taina said:

hair will grow back
    Kari:
    Hi, i'm on my # 25 rads treatment today, 5 more to go.
    My hair is growing a lot while rads. I don't see any hair
    growing under my arm(affected area). I wish you the best.

Wow! You're very
    Wow! You're very knowledgeable about what's getting radiated! I'm getting zapped in the same spots but I didn't even realize there were nodes in there!My hair is starting to grow back and I am in week 5 of rads.