pet scan results

girls4444
girls4444 Member Posts: 34
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My oncologist's nurse called and said that my results from my pet ct scan shows the mass in my right breast (which I knew about) and in my lymph nodes, she said that I will meet with my doctor on monday to discuss this. Now that they know its in my lymph nodes how does that change my treatment plan.
thanks betty

Comments

• brenda247
    brenda247 Member Posts: 124
    SORRY to hear that!!
    I wanted to let you know that you will be in my prayers and hope you the best. I dont know what your treatment plans are but by my experience with bc i took taxofere for 6 months. Im now done with that Im on herceptin for 6 more months at least. The good thing is it has no side effects but they have to check my heart reguarly cause it can cause damage. So GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND PRAYERS ARE COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Hi, Betty and welcome!!
    I just read your profile and wondered if your doctor is doing chemo before surgery? Have you alreasy chosen the type of surgery, lumpectomy vs. mastectomy? It's hard to answer your question without more information on your condition.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    The same...mass and lymph nodes....
    BUT, that was 4 years ago...things have changed...also, it depends on what type of breast cancer it is...sorry I can't give a straight answer....

I had a lumpectomy with node removal, then chemo, then radiation...

Welcome to our group! Please come anytime and post any question...we are one of the best answer boards around!

BTW, collectively, we here have probably had every combination and permutation of this disease...once you get more info, you will more than likely find a total match here, as well as a huge group of wonderful supporters!

Hugs, Kathi
  • girls4444
    girls4444 Member Posts: 34
    MyTurnNow said:

Hi, Betty and welcome!!
    I just read your profile and wondered if your doctor is doing chemo before surgery? Have you alreasy chosen the type of surgery, lumpectomy vs. mastectomy? It's hard to answer your question without more information on your condition.

Thanks
    I am doing chemo to shrink the mass before surgery, I haven't chose the type of surgery yet, I need to do some research so I can make a decision that is right for me, I question myself whether I made the right choice by choosing to have chemo instead of having the surgery first, my doctor said it was my choice but he did suggest it would be best. Does having it in my lymph nodes change which type of surgery I should consider?
    thanks for everyones support, I hope that I can give support back as I get stronger
    betty
  • elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124
    girls4444 said:

Thanks
    I am doing chemo to shrink the mass before surgery, I haven't chose the type of surgery yet, I need to do some research so I can make a decision that is right for me, I question myself whether I made the right choice by choosing to have chemo instead of having the surgery first, my doctor said it was my choice but he did suggest it would be best. Does having it in my lymph nodes change which type of surgery I should consider?
    thanks for everyones support, I hope that I can give support back as I get stronger
    betty

For me, I would choose
    For me, I would choose mastectomy, however the loss of my breast wasn't traumatic for me. It's more of a pain dealing with the prosthesis. I had Infiltrating mammary carcinoma/Inflammatory Breast Cancer. I didn't have the option of surgery before chemo. I had 5 months chemo, surgery and then radiation. I also had 12 out of 23 positive lymph nodes.
    Each person is different, though. Your oncologist and surgeon should be able to guide you into making the best decision for you!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    elizarose said:

For me, I would choose
    For me, I would choose mastectomy, however the loss of my breast wasn't traumatic for me. It's more of a pain dealing with the prosthesis. I had Infiltrating mammary carcinoma/Inflammatory Breast Cancer. I didn't have the option of surgery before chemo. I had 5 months chemo, surgery and then radiation. I also had 12 out of 23 positive lymph nodes.
    Each person is different, though. Your oncologist and surgeon should be able to guide you into making the best decision for you!

April this year I had a
    April this year I had a lumpectomy with 2/22 nodes pos. I have invasive ductal carcinoma and am her2 pos ER pos and PR pos. My treatment after surgery is chemo, 4 rounds of ac followed by 12 rounds of taxol with herceptin. 6 weeks of radiation, the tamoxifen for 5+ years. I am having my last taxol treatment next week.I will continue with herceptin for a total of 52 weeks. I can tell you its all doable, because it has to be. Good Luck to you.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Kat11 said:

April this year I had a
    April this year I had a lumpectomy with 2/22 nodes pos. I have invasive ductal carcinoma and am her2 pos ER pos and PR pos. My treatment after surgery is chemo, 4 rounds of ac followed by 12 rounds of taxol with herceptin. 6 weeks of radiation, the tamoxifen for 5+ years. I am having my last taxol treatment next week.I will continue with herceptin for a total of 52 weeks. I can tell you its all doable, because it has to be. Good Luck to you.

Good Luck to you!
    Your oncologist will discuss your treatment plan with you. Just want to wish you good luck!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    girls4444 said:

Thanks
    betty

When you talk with
    your Dr on Monday you'll have a better idea of what's best for you. I wasn't given an option of chemo before surgery. I had a breast removed. After the surgery they knew what stage and grade I was. Also had testing to see if I was E/P + or - . I'm sure you'll get all this info at your appt. Take care and let us know how your appt goes. We are all here for you - I'm keeping you in my prayers!
    -much love,
    Jenny
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

When you talk with
    your Dr on Monday you'll have a better idea of what's best for you. I wasn't given an option of chemo before surgery. I had a breast removed. After the surgery they knew what stage and grade I was. Also had testing to see if I was E/P + or - . I'm sure you'll get all this info at your appt. Take care and let us know how your appt goes. We are all here for you - I'm keeping you in my prayers!
    -much love,
    Jenny

Your doctor will go over
    Your doctor will go over your path report and your treatment for you. Be sure and ask questions and take someone with you. Good luck to you!

Sue :)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Ritzy said:

Your doctor will go over
    Your doctor will go over your path report and your treatment for you. Be sure and ask questions and take someone with you. Good luck to you!

Sue :)

I want to wish you good luck
    I want to wish you good luck with your treatment.

Debby