Casey Update

creampuff91344
creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Several of you have PM'ed me to find out how Casey is doing, and I wanted to pass along the following:

Casey was dismissed from Texas Children's Hospital yesterday,and has spent more than half his life in one hospital or another. They have run many tests, and still have an MRI to do before they will determine a prognosis. However, so far nothing has been found wrong, except that he keeps having breathing episodes....he will just stop breathing for no reason. They sent him home once again with a heart monitor, and will continue this for the next few months. After the MRI, they will have him on physical theraphy, thinking that perhaps his muscle structure just isn't strong enough to keep his heart beating. (Never heard anything like that before, and I think they are grasping for straws at this point.) Nevertheless, after the MRI, they will keep monitoring and hope that he grows out of this. In the meantime, Mom and Grandmother are not getting much sleep. I keep waiting for the phone to ring in the middle of the night, and poor Brittany is there with him constantly, worrying that she will be prompted into action when the monitor alarm goes off. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. We all are hoping to have a resolution to this soon, but in the meantime, any strength we can gain from all who know of him is appreciated. Hugs.

Judy

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Judy,
    I had been hoping that

Judy,
    I had been hoping that all was well with the little guy. It is good they are working so hard to find the cause but I cannot even imagine what it is like as mom or grandma. I worried when my Denise was a baby and would just watch her sleeping sometime and she was healthy. I don't know how I would have ever slept if she had these problems.
    I will say prayers for this little fellow that he grows stronger every day and outgrows this. And for you and his momma as well.
    Stef
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    fauxma said:

Judy,
    I had been hoping that

Judy,
    I had been hoping that all was well with the little guy. It is good they are working so hard to find the cause but I cannot even imagine what it is like as mom or grandma. I worried when my Denise was a baby and would just watch her sleeping sometime and she was healthy. I don't know how I would have ever slept if she had these problems.
    I will say prayers for this little fellow that he grows stronger every day and outgrows this. And for you and his momma as well.
    Stef

Judy
    Casey and his whole family are in my prayers.
    jckie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I too have been thinking
    I too have been thinking about litle Casey~ and hoping for not just a clear diagnosis, but a resolution. You and your whole family is so precious to all of us, please keep us posted!

Hugs,
    C♥
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Casey......
    is in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and light,
    Vicki
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Praying for little Casey
    Judy thank you for the update, I continue to pray for the little fellow. If you get a photo I would love to see his sweet little face. As you know God holds children above the rest so I am sure his eyes are on little Casey.

Many Hugs to you and yours,

RE
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    RE said:

Praying for little Casey
    Judy thank you for the update, I continue to pray for the little fellow. If you get a photo I would love to see his sweet little face. As you know God holds children above the rest so I am sure his eyes are on little Casey.

RE

Judy,
    Just went to your

Judy,
    Just went to your expressions and that is a beautiful picture of Casey and his Sister. They are adorable.
    Stef
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    RE said:

Praying for little Casey

RE

Casey is in my prayers..always
    Thank you Judy for posting this latest update. I have been anxiously waiting for some news. I will also continue to pray for that sweet baby, you and your family. I know this is so hard on all of you. Please keep me updated on him Judy as I am so concerned.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Jeanne D said:

Casey is in my prayers..always
    Thank you Judy for posting this latest update. I have been anxiously waiting for some news. I will also continue to pray for that sweet baby, you and your family. I know this is so hard on all of you. Please keep me updated on him Judy as I am so concerned.

Love, Jeanne ♥

Casey and family
    Casey and family have and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Margo
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I was wondering how the
    I was wondering how the little guy was doing too. I'll continue to send positive thoughts and wishes for a resolution real soon. Take care.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    rjjj said:

Judy
    Casey and his whole family are in my prayers.
    jckie

I keep praying for Casey and
    I keep praying for Casey and your family!

KYLEZ ♥
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

I was wondering how the
    I was wondering how the little guy was doing too. I'll continue to send positive thoughts and wishes for a resolution real soon. Take care.

Judy
    Thanks for the update ... although I'm sure you wish you had a real diagnosis/prognosis. I "sort of" feel your concern because my newest grandson was born about 6 weeks early but weighed over 6 pounds. Looked and acted very healthy right away ... but it didn't take long for them to realize that he had "infant sleep apnea." Every time he'd fall asleep he'd stop breathing. Talk about scary! They had him in NICU hooked up to all kinds of monitors with bells and whistles. I guess what he had is not terribly unusual for premature babies because they said that once his breathing developed to the point where he didn't stop breathing when he went to sleep ... he'd be totally fine and not need any type of monitor. I couldn't believe it ... but ... they knew what they were talking about. He was in the hospital for about a week and once his respiratory functions matured he was just fine. He's now almost 3 and all is well.

Anyway ... I know how frightening it to have those little ones in the hospital ... and you just feel so helpless.

Keep up updated ... and I'll be thinking of you and Casey.

Hugs.
    teena
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    tgf said:

Judy
    Thanks for the update ... although I'm sure you wish you had a real diagnosis/prognosis. I "sort of" feel your concern because my newest grandson was born about 6 weeks early but weighed over 6 pounds. Looked and acted very healthy right away ... but it didn't take long for them to realize that he had "infant sleep apnea." Every time he'd fall asleep he'd stop breathing. Talk about scary! They had him in NICU hooked up to all kinds of monitors with bells and whistles. I guess what he had is not terribly unusual for premature babies because they said that once his breathing developed to the point where he didn't stop breathing when he went to sleep ... he'd be totally fine and not need any type of monitor. I couldn't believe it ... but ... they knew what they were talking about. He was in the hospital for about a week and once his respiratory functions matured he was just fine. He's now almost 3 and all is well.

Anyway ... I know how frightening it to have those little ones in the hospital ... and you just feel so helpless.

Keep up updated ... and I'll be thinking of you and Casey.

Hugs.
    teena

Praying for Casey
    Thank you for the update! Poor little Casey. And, Poor all of the rest of you. I know you must all be mentally and physically exhausted. Just know we are praying for him!

Sue :)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Ritzy said:

Praying for Casey
    Thank you for the update! Poor little Casey. And, Poor all of the rest of you. I know you must all be mentally and physically exhausted. Just know we are praying for him!

Sue :)

I will be sending prayers to
    I will be sending prayers to your grandson and your family Judy.

HUGS!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188

I will be sending prayers to
    I will be sending prayers to your grandson and your family Judy.

HUGS!

Thanks for the update!
    I too have been waiting to hear. Was hoping "no news" was good news and sorry to hear that this was not the case. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. Pammy
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks for the update!
    I too have been waiting to hear. Was hoping "no news" was good news and sorry to hear that this was not the case. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. Pammy

Thanks so much Judy for the
    Thanks so much Judy for the update. I was getting worried. Please keep us posted on how Casey is doing. My prayers to you and your family.

Debby
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    DebbyM said:

Thanks so much Judy for the
    Thanks so much Judy for the update. I was getting worried. Please keep us posted on how Casey is doing. My prayers to you and your family.

Debby

Little Casey is in my
    Little Casey is in my prayers!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    susie09 said:

Little Casey is in my
    Little Casey is in my prayers!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

I am so sorry about Casey
    I am so sorry about Casey Judy. But, thanks for the update. I will pray that he will outgrow this very quickly. Keep us posted.

Lex♥