MIMI!!! Feeding the Homeless!! Whoooo hoooooo!!!

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just had to share this with you! I went to a Veteran's Day dinner at the Tribal Hall last night (Reggie was honoring the veteran's by singing with his native singing group after dinner)

Anyway, we went home about 8PM; we only live about 1/8 of a mile from the Reservation and the Tribal Hall, and we had been home for about 45 minutes when I got a phone call. One of the women helping in the kitchen was lamenting about SO MUCH LEFTOVER FOOD! They were so unhappy that it was all going to be thrown away when one of the women said..."OMG~ Claudia will take this food and take it to homeless people!" Thus, the phone call! I need not tell you that I raced back to the Tribal Hall and I know, without a doubt, I brought home 30(!!) grilled half chickens, 15 lbs of sliced steak, 35 ears of roasted corn, plus carrot cake and garlic bread! I cut up the half chickens, divided up the steak, husked the corn and halved them, and wrapped all of it in cling wrap~ tomorrow morning I am heading to the city parks! I would have done it today, but I had the dog trainer coming, and a thousand other things to do! But it is all wrapped and refrigerated and ready to make lots of homeless people happy and full!

Two good things happened~ 1) Someone knew and remembered that Claudia feeds the homeless! And 2) while I was picking up the food I met a caterer who asked for my name and phone number as she is at events all the time and never knows what to do with the left-over food!!!

Smiling, smiling, smiling.....

Hugs,
C♥

Comments

• chenheart
    I am soooo NOT double
    I am soooo NOT double posting~ HONESTLY! Even good news doesn't need to be posted more than once! LOL
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    A story (or should I say..
    A story (or should I say.. an act) such as that should be posted over and over my friend! What an amazing woman you are... no wonder you are 50' tall!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • chenheart
    taleena said:

A story (or should I say..
    A story (or should I say.. an act) such as that should be posted over and over my friend! What an amazing woman you are... no wonder you are 50' tall!

♥ & hugs,

~T

Now I am embarrassed ~T...I
    Now I am embarrassed ~T...I have been doing this homeless feeding for years, and Mimi wanted to know how/what she could do to be a part of something similar where she lives. I just wanted her to know that sometimes unexpected and good things happen. Trust me, if you knew me in RealLife you would know that I am not at all amazing~ just average. But I do what I can, and try to be part of the non judgemental solution, rather than contributing to the problem, whatever it is!

Hugs,
    C♥
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    chenheart said:

Now I am embarrassed ~T...I
    Now I am embarrassed ~T...I have been doing this homeless feeding for years, and Mimi wanted to know how/what she could do to be a part of something similar where she lives. I just wanted her to know that sometimes unexpected and good things happen. Trust me, if you knew me in RealLife you would know that I am not at all amazing~ just average. But I do what I can, and try to be part of the non judgemental solution, rather than contributing to the problem, whatever it is!

Hugs,
    C♥

I'm smiling....
    So glad they remembered your good deeds and knew they could count on you. Puts a smile on my face....Pammy