Advice needed from the board

just4Brooks
just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
The last day or two I have not felt very good. (I had my last chemo treatment last wed Nov 4th). Now I feel like I'm getting a cold or something. My question is. Do you think I should cantact my Ong and let him know? Or wait a day or two and see if this thing passes? My next chemo treatment is this Wed.

Life is funny sometimes
Brooks

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Me, I
    would let him know. Can't hurt. Today is Thursday, tomorrow Friday then the weekend. It's ahrd to get things done on the weekend if need be.
    Feel better
    -p
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I ALWAYS call...
    They may have a solution....better to let them know, than to try to diagnose yourself...

Please keep us posted...

Hugs, Kathi
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Maybe you should call doc
    Don;t forget our immune system is compromised, our blood counts, etc are akilter and with swine flu and regular flu floating around it won't hurt to call doc.You running a fever or anything? Today is my first day at home with pump and all I feel like doing is staying in bed i"m so tired/weak and this is only second day of first Tx. Steve
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    how are your WBC?

how are your WBC?
  • just4Brooks
    I just emaild him
    Thanks guys. I just sent him a email. My 12 year old daugther is also home with a stomic bug. I'm trying to stay away from her too!!

Phill.. I like your ping pong pic. Someday we'll have to play. I'll beat ya down!!! LOL

I'll let you guys know what the doc says

Thanks Lv Ya

Brooks
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

I just emaild him
    Thanks guys. I just sent him a email. My 12 year old daugther is also home with a stomic bug. I'm trying to stay away from her too!!

Phill.. I like your ping pong pic. Someday we'll have to play. I'll beat ya down!!! LOL

Thanks Lv Ya

Brooks

I always
    Wear a mask around my kids when they aren't feeling well, can't hurt anything, you may want to do that as well when there is someone sick around you. It's weird, but I don't seem to get sick anymore like I used to, since I started chemo, I do have the leaks, but that's about it, otherwise, it seems chemo kills alot of the bugs I get, who knows lol...

I do hope you feel better soon though Brooks! just keep washing those hands, and don't put your hands to your face at all, take any precautions to keep away from germs.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • bunny62
    bunny62 Member Posts: 8

I just emaild him

Thanks Lv Ya

Brooks

your immune systmem
    When my Dr. contacted UCSF, they advised I should have fresh green tea(hello-there isn't any except in Asia) and Indole-carbinol 3 to boost immune system. I also get a vitamin b-12 shot as it is lot easier to absorb than a pill. The compound pharmacy also made some gel tubes with ativan, reglan and two other things for nausea. You rub it on your wrists (alcohol prep first to help it absorb.
  • just4Brooks
    Doc says
    Monitor for temps - call for >100.5. Keep up with fluids.

So that's what I'll do.

Thanks again everybody
    Brooks
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member

Doc says

So that's what I'll do.

Thanks again everybody
    Brooks

TEMP
    Brooks,
    I was just going to say to watch your temp...Its probably some part of the bug your daughter has...I work with kids and my doc said don't make yourself crazy over every little pain and sniffel..YEAH RIGHT easy for him to say..lol lol...Take care feel better REST REST REST...JULIE
  • Julie 44 said:

TEMP
    Brooks,
    I was just going to say to watch your temp...Its probably some part of the bug your daughter has...I work with kids and my doc said don't make yourself crazy over every little pain and sniffel..YEAH RIGHT easy for him to say..lol lol...Take care feel better REST REST REST...JULIE

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • shrevebud
    shrevebud Member Posts: 105

Doc says

So that's what I'll do.

Thanks again everybody
    Brooks

Feeling Bad
    Hey Brooks:

Hope you get to feeling better real soon. Hope it's not the flu or some other virus. Take care of yourself. Here's to feeling better! Roy
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Yes Grace!
    I actually read that from someone else, that chemo kills the bugs lol..and really, my kids have had colds and brushes with the flu, but nothing that lasted over 24 hours, and I have not had a cough, or felt flu-like at all, but I'm also an avid hand washer/sanitizer kind of person that washes alot, and I do try to keep my hands away from my face, which is the best thing to do, my onc said even Tamiflu, what they give to help the flu doesn't work all the time, and the best thing anyone can do it just keep your hands away from your face, walk away from anyone coughing, just take those precautions, and you'll be fine.

About that temperature, my onc told me should I ever get a temperature of 100.5, this could be a sign of infection, and to get to an ER right away, it's ok if it runs around 97, that's about what mine runs as well, but to be careful when it get's to over 100, and just to be on the safe side, get to the hospital, because an infection can kill you, and you want antibiotics distributed quickly. Our fevers are different from those who don't have cancer now. I think some doctors and nurses like yourself actually do read these sites from time to time. A doctor named Ben was just on one of the threads, which was pretty cool.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member

Doc says

So that's what I'll do.

Thanks again everybody
    Brooks

Besides temp over 100
    I was just told at last Thursdays treatment that if I got the chills with shakes or temp over 100 I was to call immediately. They said if you get the cold shakes really bad, that is usually an indicator that a fever will follow quickly.

Keep hydrated and rest. Hope you feel better soon!