Bald Headed Dictator

natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
As I was preparing for the arrival of my son and his family, I became quite exhausted, told my husband, and asked him to do 4 or 5 minor things. He doesnt mind doing things of his choosing as long as it's done in his time frame. When we got to making the bed, he called me a dictator, and I just broke out in tears. He was feeling pretty bad after my tearful reaction, so he switched gears, and said, " Well you are the only bald headed dictator I know". My tears immediately switched to an outburst of laughter. My emotions are so strange, and yes I do take zoloft. I was never one for crying, but now I can cry at a drop of a hat.

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    I do too I wonder if its the
    I do too I wonder if its the hormonal componet or just what we are going through. Sometimes i just get impatient as my husband is the same and my style is to get it done!!!Overall they are wonderful but no one can know what we deal with unless they go through it. I take lexapro, one day i said to my husand 'I am getting so depressed" looking for empathy he said"are you taking your med" I was like if I wasnt you would know. LOL Unfortunately the meds help you cope and make you more even but dont perform miracles. You are a beautiful bald haded dictator
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

I do too I wonder if its the
    I do too I wonder if its the hormonal componet or just what we are going through. Sometimes i just get impatient as my husband is the same and my style is to get it done!!!Overall they are wonderful but no one can know what we deal with unless they go through it. I take lexapro, one day i said to my husand 'I am getting so depressed" looking for empathy he said"are you taking your med" I was like if I wasnt you would know. LOL Unfortunately the meds help you cope and make you more even but dont perform miracles. You are a beautiful bald haded dictator

VickiSam aka Cybil .. due to my multiple personalities
    Our lives and world has been turned upside down, without question -- all due to our breast cancer dignosis. Did I mention all the side efforts of chemo treatments ? Did I mention that our scalp's are bald and we no long look like we did several months ago? Now even strangers know that we are sick and fighting some form of cancer.

My opinion, only:

It's the hair loss
    It's the hormones drugs
    It's the chemo treatments
    It's all the various sucky side efforts of chemo
    It's the waiting for phone calls from oncologist or staff
    It's the fact that we are unable to do all things we did before chemo treatments
    It's the fact that on most nights - I do not get more than 4 to 5 hours of sleep
    my list can go on .. but I'll stop here

We are FIGHTERS and WARRIORS ..

I found my teenager children are more quite about my fight and ask for hugs, my husband on the other hand is sympatic most days. But, he does forget and sometimes coops an attitude - I just go on about my business. I encourge Pete to read, and go to family care for chemo patients therapy as offered by St. Joesph's hospital. He attended 1 class, he may need a few more .. something we'll work on together in the next few weeks.

I am humbled by the fact that you will be entertaining again so soon after spending several days with your daughter. You go Girl, and never stop being YOU.

Love and prayers ..

VickiSam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    VickiSam said:

VickiSam aka Cybil .. due to my multiple personalities
    Our lives and world has been turned upside down, without question -- all due to our breast cancer dignosis. Did I mention all the side efforts of chemo treatments ? Did I mention that our scalp's are bald and we no long look like we did several months ago? Now even strangers know that we are sick and fighting some form of cancer.

My opinion, only:

It's the hair loss
    It's the hormones drugs
    It's the chemo treatments
    It's all the various sucky side efforts of chemo
    It's the waiting for phone calls from oncologist or staff
    It's the fact that we are unable to do all things we did before chemo treatments
    It's the fact that on most nights - I do not get more than 4 to 5 hours of sleep
    my list can go on .. but I'll stop here

We are FIGHTERS and WARRIORS ..

I found my teenager children are more quite about my fight and ask for hugs, my husband on the other hand is sympatic most days. But, he does forget and sometimes coops an attitude - I just go on about my business. I encourge Pete to read, and go to family care for chemo patients therapy as offered by St. Joesph's hospital. He attended 1 class, he may need a few more .. something we'll work on together in the next few weeks.

I am humbled by the fact that you will be entertaining again so soon after spending several days with your daughter. You go Girl, and never stop being YOU.

Love and prayers ..

VickiSam

I agree that we can all turn
    I agree that we can all turn into Cybil at the drop of a hat. BC is hard to deal with and our emotions go nuts. One minute we are laughing and the next we are crying.

Debby
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi, Natly
    Me too. And I haven't had a period in 2 months. Chemo does something to the ovaries.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Natly,
    Yes, it's everything. VickiSam is right, when you add up all we have gone through, it's a wonder we are still going strong. I'm glad you and your hubby were able to find humor. That is key, I think. BTW, my husband is the same way. He does a lot around the house, but wants to do it when he wants to do it. I guess I'm the same, so I can't complain too much. We recently hired a cleaning service to come in twice and month and it's been a god-send. I hope you have a wonderful time with your son and his family.

Mimi