Chemo Chicks and QUEEN - chemo today

pitt
pitt Member Posts: 387
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Chemo Chicks and Chemo Queen (VickiSam).

I can't sleep because of the pre-cleansing steroids so I am typing to you instead. I go in today for the next installment of mack-daddy cleaning solution and wanted to say hi. My daughter with the H1N1 is on Tamiflu (she had her shot a few weeks ago) so we are hoping that this day will be her turnaround. My hubby is staying home with her while my friend takes me to my 5 hour disinfection. I have been given strict instructions not to snuggle with her as I can't anticipate the next cough or sneeze. As sad as that makes me, it has been the one reason she is now taking all of her medicine without complaint! She wants to get better so I can hang out and cuddle. (Is anyone else crying because this mama needs to turn off the faucet???!!!)

SAM726 - it seems to me that you have a treatment today as well? How are you doing? I always love when i see your photo. You look awesome and I wish I could take a picture sans scarf. I will as soon as the bald-head acne is completely gone. You've inspired me!

That's it for now. I probably will be incommunicado for a few days...or I might get on here and read. I'm getting progressively tired as these treatments continue but I'll do my best.

I haven't bought the ornament for my "pink sister" yet but I know exactly what I am getting for her...or you as the case may be...oh-I've said too much. If I'm not careful I'm going to start giving out hints like state and city. No, i must stop. This is the most treacherous time of year for me...I'm horrible at keeping secrets. Must send ornament soon...

Have a great day!
Pitt

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Hi Pitt as luck would have
    Hi Pitt as luck would have it let it be all good for you today. I wish you energy, strength, a soon to be healthy daughter, and an easy day. I'll bet you are a stunning baldy. Your posts always cheer me. As I've said before you have a wonderful attitude in spite of all your side effects. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Go get-em tiger. I'll be following you next Tuesday with chemo #3.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    natly15 said:

Hi Pitt as luck would have
    Hi Pitt as luck would have it let it be all good for you today. I wish you energy, strength, a soon to be healthy daughter, and an easy day. I'll bet you are a stunning baldy. Your posts always cheer me. As I've said before you have a wonderful attitude in spite of all your side effects. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Go get-em tiger. I'll be following you next Tuesday with chemo #3.

Pitt .. I was up at 1:00 a.m. thinking about you & your family
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you, my dear friend. You are a fighter with such a great attitude and disposition. You are not only beautiful outside, but inside as well .. what a combo - very hard to find such a delightful combination in today's world.

When you go in today for your chemo, can you ask the staff for a few paper drapes for you and your daughter .. wearing the drapes and mask at home, perhaps you can share 5 to 10 min's of hugging time without getting infected? Just a thought. What about putting socks on you & your daughters feet, hugging and bonding time // perhaps invent new foot game of LOVE? I know this may sound werid, the human touch between a Mother and Daughter will do wonders for the two of you. Just another loopy thought.

Acne induced scalp and face .. I alternated between RX prescribion acne creams and caladryl lotion. Caladryl dried up my acne, Like THAT. I also had a few bruise like bumps, where I just apply ice cubes with a clean paper towel do reduce inflamation. I also stop using all products, and clean my scalp with T-Gel, and face and neck with Witch Hazel, electing not use anything too harsh. Talk about saving $$$ on my beauty products.

I have so much admiration for you, Pitt. Please keep up the good work, chemo will end soon, and I hope and pray we can 1 day sit back and reflect on this horrible time in our lives. We can then inspire others and let them all know, ANYTHING is possible. We can finished our chemo journey and we are living long fruitful lives.

VickiSam
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi, Pitt
    Hope you do ok this round of mack-daddy. Steroids keep me up, too. Take care. Thinking of you.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Your attitude is contagious
    Your attitude is contagious and I hope you have a good disinfecting session. Wishing you the best and also hoping your daughter is well soon. I am a mother and understand the bond between our beloved daughter(s).
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    The best to you, Pitt
    And all the sisters going through chemo right now. Hope your daughter is fully recovered before long so you can commence the snuggling! The steroids sometimes made me talk a mile a minute (not that I don't already. LOL) and write like 50 posts a day. Hope you can get some sleep, though.

Mimi
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    mimivac said:

The best to you, Pitt
    And all the sisters going through chemo right now. Hope your daughter is fully recovered before long so you can commence the snuggling! The steroids sometimes made me talk a mile a minute (not that I don't already. LOL) and write like 50 posts a day. Hope you can get some sleep, though.

Mimi

Hope it all went well today
    It is late in the day as I am seeing this. Hope chemo went well for you and the next few days are easy and breezy! I know as soon as you get to hug your daughter you will feel 500% better. Best to you...thoughts and prayers. If no setbacks with wbc I have #2 on Wednesday.

Becky
  • blazytracy
    blazytracy Member Posts: 157
    You are so awesome!
    Hi Pitt,

You are always so encouraging to me and I hope that everything went well for you today. I am afraid that I am not much help yet as I seem to be the only one on here that has not experienced the first chemo. (it is scheduled for the 17th depending on the healing of my stupid,*&^%$#@! port incision, haha)

You are just so great and you always give me good vibes so I sure hope that I can do that for you some day - One thing I know for sure, hugs from your daughter are priceless and that alone can make any parent feel a thousand times better!! Hopes for her speedy recovery!

Hugs to you Pitt, I am behind you all the way! Tracy