Couple more hours and Mrs VickiCo should be back in room.....

Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, she should be a couple more hours before her new life begins. Hopefully it will be laproscopic which will make it easier on her recoup time. Looking forward to hearing about her feelings when she wakes up with one. She was real worried the first time about possibly having to have an ostomy now to wake up and realize its real now. I think as soon as the discomfort ceases she will be tickled pink with her Very hard decision she made for herself...We all wish you the best buddy and look forward to talking with you very soon...Lots of love here, Clift

Comments

• just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    She's in my thoughts
    Cliff... I thinking of her too. She's a strong person and I'm sure she'll be just fine.

Brooks
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Hope all is well
    I hope she will do well. Thanks for keeping us informed.
    Look forward to seeing her posts.Good thoughts for you VickiCo, Paula
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member

She's in my thoughts
    Cliff... I thinking of her too. She's a strong person and I'm sure she'll be just fine.

Brooks

Me too
    I hope we hear soon and i hope she doing ok.

michelle
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Paula G. said:

Hope all is well
    I hope she will do well. Thanks for keeping us informed.
    Look forward to seeing her posts.Good thoughts for you VickiCo, Paula

Definitely...
    I think it be a good change for her then what she was going through, it's definitely been a lifesaver for me, and something to get used too, but definitely doable. Hope she's doing well also, and she will wear it well :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Shayenne said:

Definitely...
    I think it be a good change for her then what she was going through, it's definitely been a lifesaver for me, and something to get used too, but definitely doable. Hope she's doing well also, and she will wear it well :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

When she awakens
    she'll be a wholely new person but hopefully not in much pain....Steve
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    coloCan said:

When she awakens
    she'll be a wholely new person but hopefully not in much pain....Steve

Well...
    ...The hardest part with that type of surgery is the incision. Mine is so long, and so deep, that was the painful part. I had a wound vac on for 5 weeks, while the home health nurses came to my house 3 times a week to change the dressing, and that also was painful, I'd be in tears when they took the foam part out of the incision, because it sometimes stuck to your skin and wound, but it does heal, takes time, and everyday just gets better.

It's good to just hold a pillow to your stomach when walking or laughing, or even sneezing, it's been since February since I had my colostomy, but I still feel the incision deep, but not painful anymore lol...the stoma itself has no nerve endings, so you don't feel that at all either, but this surgery could be a godsend for folks who do have very bad bathroom issues with this disease.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Hoping to hear all went
    Hoping to hear all went well, and that this helps her with the problems she's been having, so she is happy with her decision.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Hoping to hear all went
    Hoping to hear all went well, and that this helps her with the problems she's been having, so she is happy with her decision.

Sleep well Mrs Vicki......
    I bet the anesthesia has got her loopy today but I bet ya shes on here tomorrow. If I know her like I think I do. She has a great caregiver so she'll be just fine. Sleep well buddy, we'll see ya in the morning, right after your jello breakfast.....Bless you .....Buzzard
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for letting us know how she's doing.I pray she recovers quickly,and easily.I think she will get used to the ostomy after awhile.
  • cowman
    cowman Member Posts: 61
    Hope its all Good.
    Vicki,

Welcome to your new and different world. I sincerely hope it will be a good change and one that will make your life so much better once you get used to it. My husband woke up from his surgery in Sept with a perm colostomy and is getting along great so far. You have been through alot of pain and now that part is over. Hopefully the surgery went well. Thinking of you.
    Diane
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Hoping she loves it
    Hoping to hear she's very pleased with the decision!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    waiting
    to hear form Vicki, and I sure hope she is doing well. I hope this brings her some new freedom and less discomfort. Thinking of you Vicki.

Love
    Beth
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    it may take time
    It may take time for Vicki to be up to checking and posting on this site with her recovery. I'm looking forward to hearing from her when she does post.

Lisa
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    I am home...
    I started a new thread, but I am home and doing very well. Thanks, Clift, for everything. This is my new beginning....

Vicki