prayers for me tomorrow

13»

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member

Margo, you are in my
    Margo, you are in my thoughts right now, as you undergo the surgery, and I know you will be fine. This too shall pass. The road you have traveled is so much like a lot of those on this board, so know you are always surrounded by those who really "know what it's like" to be in your shoes". Let us hear from you when you feel up to it. Hugs.

Judy

In my prayers
    Margo, I am wishing you and Jake all the best.
    love and hugs Jackie
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    rjjj said:

In my prayers
    Margo, I am wishing you and Jake all the best.
    love and hugs Jackie

Update
    I was very sore this morning when I got up so went back to bed and then I having just a little pain. This corset they gave me is cutting the circulation under my arm pits. I can take off the bandages at Midnight--I think I will wait til tomorrow morning.

Just relaxing today.

Margo

P.S. Thank you for all the good/positive vibes and prayers.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member

Update
    I was very sore this morning when I got up so went back to bed and then I having just a little pain. This corset they gave me is cutting the circulation under my arm pits. I can take off the bandages at Midnight--I think I will wait til tomorrow morning.

Just relaxing today.

Margo

Thanks for the update!
    It sounds like you're doing pretty well so far, so just don't skimp on the relaxing part - you've earned it!!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member

Update

Just relaxing today.

Margo

Margo, sounds like a success!!!
    That's great news. Take it easy and know we're all here thinking about you. Take care.
  • tommaseena
    MyTurnNow said:

Margo, sounds like a success!!!
    That's great news. Take it easy and know we're all here thinking about you. Take care.

Itchy
    I am itchy under the corset--they used the wrong kind of tape--they used the one that I am sensitive to. Can't wait to take the tape off in the morning.

Every day will get better--that is what I am telling myself.

I've taken more pain pills this time than I did with the double mastectomy but I think it is because they gave me pain meds through the iv when I was in the hospital. I am keeping on top of the pain meds and antibiotics. Taking them as directed an not waiting until I have pain.

I walked in a Veterans Day parade with Jake and my sister this morning--I felt wonderful--no pain. Very short parade.

Margo
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member

Itchy
    I am itchy under the corset--they used the wrong kind of tape--they used the one that I am sensitive to. Can't wait to take the tape off in the morning.

Every day will get better--that is what I am telling myself.

I've taken more pain pills this time than I did with the double mastectomy but I think it is because they gave me pain meds through the iv when I was in the hospital. I am keeping on top of the pain meds and antibiotics. Taking them as directed an not waiting until I have pain.

I walked in a Veterans Day parade with Jake and my sister this morning--I felt wonderful--no pain. Very short parade.

Margo

Wow, Margo!
    I can hardly believe you walked in a parade this morning! Then, again, yes - knowing you, I can believe it! :-)

So glad you're doing well. And DO take your pain meds as directed. Pain is better managed from a preventative standpoint.

Take good care, rest, recuperate. Wishing you a smooth and speedy recovery.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Like TJ, am loving your new I.D. photo!
  • tommaseena

Wow, Margo!
    I can hardly believe you walked in a parade this morning! Then, again, yes - knowing you, I can believe it! :-)

So glad you're doing well. And DO take your pain meds as directed. Pain is better managed from a preventative standpoint.

Kind regards, Susan

Susan
    It is nice to hear from you.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

Wow, Margo!

Kind regards, Susan

Margo, glad to hear you came
    Margo, glad to hear you came through the surgery well, and that you are on the road to recovery. Heck, you are more than on the way if you walked in a parade this morning. One thing about the tape you are sensitive to, I also have a sensitivity to the tape, and have found a unique way to get it off without taking skin with it. VODKA! However, you do not drink the Vodka, you soak it in a cotton ball, and apply to the tape. It will melt the adhesive, and the tape comes of smoothly. Try it, and let me know. If it doesn't work on the tape, drink the remaining vodka.....you won't feel a thing when the tape comes off. Good luck. Hugs,

Judy
  • tommaseena

Margo, glad to hear you came
    Margo, glad to hear you came through the surgery well, and that you are on the road to recovery. Heck, you are more than on the way if you walked in a parade this morning. One thing about the tape you are sensitive to, I also have a sensitivity to the tape, and have found a unique way to get it off without taking skin with it. VODKA! However, you do not drink the Vodka, you soak it in a cotton ball, and apply to the tape. It will melt the adhesive, and the tape comes of smoothly. Try it, and let me know. If it doesn't work on the tape, drink the remaining vodka.....you won't feel a thing when the tape comes off. Good luck. Hugs,

Judy

Vodka
    No hard stuff in my house.
    I have also heard that rubbing alcohol does the same thing with out the hurt.

I just can't wait to get in the shower tomorrow morning.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072

Vodka

Margo and Jake!
    So glad to have you both back here!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohooooooooo! Hugs u both Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

Vodka

Yes, the rubbing alcohol
    Yes, the rubbing alcohol does the same thing. Sometimes it takes a little longer for it to work. Evidently the Vodka is potent enough that it works quickly....can you imagine what it does to your gut! Good luck on getting that stuff off, because it hurts if you just pull. Good to hear you are doing well.

Hugs,

Judy
  • tommaseena

Yes, the rubbing alcohol
    Yes, the rubbing alcohol does the same thing. Sometimes it takes a little longer for it to work. Evidently the Vodka is potent enough that it works quickly....can you imagine what it does to your gut! Good luck on getting that stuff off, because it hurts if you just pull. Good to hear you are doing well.

Hugs,

Judy

Thanks everyone
    Thanks everyone.
    I will be home the rest of the week. I will be resting when Jake is at school. It is the only time I can rest.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Thanks everyone
    Thanks everyone.
    I will be home the rest of the week. I will be resting when Jake is at school. It is the only time I can rest.

Hugs,
    Margo

Margo,
    Well, you are

Margo,
    Well, you are bouncing back in true form. Glad it went well. I have that same problem with the tapes. After my lumpectomy I had tape burns all around the incision. It hurt, itched and bothered me more than the surgery sites. I just gently tugged mine off. Not too bad and it was such a relief to have it off.
    Hope that you continue to mend and recoup. Prayers for both.
    Stef
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Margo,
    Glad you are resting up well at home. I hope you can spend the weekend taking it easy and doing something easy and fun. My thoughts are with you and Jake.

Mimi
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    mimivac said:

Margo,
    Glad you are resting up well at home. I hope you can spend the weekend taking it easy and doing something easy and fun. My thoughts are with you and Jake.

Mimi

I am seeing the post after
    I am seeing the post after you went. Hope all is well with you.

Kim
  • tommaseena

I am seeing the post after
    I am seeing the post after you went. Hope all is well with you.

Kim

Everything
    Everything went well.
    I had a bra fitting today since I have to wear it 24/7 for awhile.
    Where the tape was is very raw but getting better.

Margo