Chemo #3 coming up

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hoping all you #3 girls will do ok this coming round. Mine will be Monday, the halfway point. After #4 I'll get another petscan to see whats happening. So far, my two lumps have shrunk completely. I'm staying positive. My face did break out this week for some reason but is clearing up. My tastebuds are returning! Hope you're all doing well.

Comments

• Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Hey girl
    Yea, half way there! I will have #4 this thursday. Im so excited...only 2 more to go! How are you feeling? R u ready for #3? I feel great..Im ready. I had a fantastic weekend with friends on my motorcycle. Stay strong and keep in touch!
    Sam
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Your news is amazing!
    Your news is amazing! Hooray! We love basking in the good news of ours sisters! (((HUGS)))

Chen♥
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Hi Laurissa,
    I'm right

Hi Laurissa,
    I'm right behind you, on Tuesday. Other than being a bit tired, I'm feeling pretty great this week. My tastebuds are also back, nausea is gone, and I even got out of the house today and drove to Michaels Craft Store. So happy you are doing well. We'll have to compare notes next week. ;)
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    natly15 said:

Hi Laurissa,
    I'm right

Hi Laurissa,
    I'm right behind you, on Tuesday. Other than being a bit tired, I'm feeling pretty great this week. My tastebuds are also back, nausea is gone, and I even got out of the house today and drove to Michaels Craft Store. So happy you are doing well. We'll have to compare notes next week. ;)

Good luck to all of you
    I'm behind you. Number two next week unless doctor holds me back because of wbc. Glad to hear everyone is moving ahead well.

becky
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    always said:

Good luck to all of you
    I'm behind you. Number two next week unless doctor holds me back because of wbc. Glad to hear everyone is moving ahead well.

becky

All of you are amazing and
    All of you are amazing and such an inspiration to me. I'm not facing chemo yet, still on Femara waiting to see if my tumors have shrunk any the next time I see my onc. Laurissa, glad to hear your tumors have shrunk, that's good news. I fear chemo so much but watching and seeing how you're all handling it makes me think its doable. My problem right now is just waiting. The next step will be surgery, either masectomy or I pray, Lumpectomy. It feels like its been a lifetime since I was dx, but its only been a couple of months. Glad to hear you're all working your way thru this and hoping the light at the end of the tunnel is getting close for all of you. Much love, Sunrae
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    #3 on Thursday
    I'm ready to get it over and done with...Number 3 is this Thursday. Feeling okay...just trying to get my 8 year old to feel better. My hubby is taking the day off so we are going to watch some goofy movies and laugh it up while I get cleaned. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not afraid anymore...now I kind of look forward to being in that "loopy" zone. I find it all to be oddly relaxing. I know, strange.
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Chemo Treatment #3
    What wonderful news about your tumors shrinking....

I am new here....I was diagnosed in July with breast cancer. Friday is my 6th treatment. My tumor has shrunk from 2.4 cm to 1.3 cm as of Treatment #4, so I'm hoping its even smaller after my last treatment. My lumpectomy is scheduled for beginning of December. Anyone else here have chemo first ?

I was beginning to think I was the only one suffering all these different side effects from the chemo, so its reassuring to me to know its not unusual to have them.

Judy
  • crafty two
    crafty two Member Posts: 29
    chicken & dumplins
    so gladyour going well,and taste is coming back..Morsie is making moms homemade chickin & dumplins and Im bringing supper one night after next chemo.Stay well and in good spirits.See ya tomorrow for lunch, love & prayers to you, Sis
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    WOW!
    Yours is going so fast! I have it every 21 days, so I'm only having my 2nd on Thursday. You are just buzzing along! Wishing you the best of the best results from your petscan. You're doing amazing, Laurissa!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Marlene_K said:

WOW!
    Yours is going so fast! I have it every 21 days, so I'm only having my 2nd on Thursday. You are just buzzing along! Wishing you the best of the best results from your petscan. You're doing amazing, Laurissa!

Ok Chemo Chicks .. I had started my 4th cycle of TCH
    with the next 2 tuesday devoted to Herceptin .. week #11 and #12 out of 18 continuous weeks of chemo. I've decided that I will now refer to myself as a Chemo Queen - as I am more than 1/2 way thru my 18 weeks of chemo.

Neulasta shot tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. -- then only 24 hours of normal behavior until I become Cybil for the next 8 to 10 days. I will have to go back to eating yogurt, soups, banana's, cottage cheese for 10 plus days, as my taste buds are starting to leave me tonight. day 3 to 7 (getting longer as my poor body does not have any weeks off to recover) .. bone tired and acky .. I take claratin and advil, now I have ib 800 mg, I pray that this will help with bone pain .. all 206 bones.

I am hoping for the best, tear dripping, twitching eyes and all.

Love, prayers and strength to you Chemo Chicks -- on cycle #3.

VickiSam
  • pitt
    VickiSam said:

with the next 2 tuesday devoted to Herceptin .. week #11 and #12 out of 18 continuous weeks of chemo. I've decided that I will now refer to myself as a Chemo Queen - as I am more than 1/2 way thru my 18 weeks of chemo.

Neulasta shot tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. -- then only 24 hours of normal behavior until I become Cybil for the next 8 to 10 days. I will have to go back to eating yogurt, soups, banana's, cottage cheese for 10 plus days, as my taste buds are starting to leave me tonight. day 3 to 7 (getting longer as my poor body does not have any weeks off to recover) .. bone tired and acky .. I take claratin and advil, now I have ib 800 mg, I pray that this will help with bone pain .. all 206 bones.

VickiSam

Dear Chemo Chicks and Queen
    That should be our new headline...Dear Chemo Chicks and Queen,

My daughter is doing worse, and is now on Tamiflu. i go in to chemo tomorrow. I've been given strict instructions to stay away from her - I won't sit and snuggle but I will NOT treat her like a leper.

Good news: I have lots of new drugs to help with the acne on head, sores in throat, and nausea!!!

I'll keep you posted but please don't be surprised if you don't hear from me this weekend. I plan to get lots of rest and water. I'll try to type you a note after one of many bathroom breaks!!!

All the best,
    Pitt
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    pitt said:

My daughter is doing worse, and is now on Tamiflu. i go in to chemo tomorrow. I've been given strict instructions to stay away from her - I won't sit and snuggle but I will NOT treat her like a leper.

Good news: I have lots of new drugs to help with the acne on head, sores in throat, and nausea!!!

I'll keep you posted but please don't be surprised if you don't hear from me this weekend. I plan to get lots of rest and water. I'll try to type you a note after one of many bathroom breaks!!!

All the best,
    Pitt

Pitt - New Nausea Meds?
    Wishing you a peaceful weekend. What kind of new med did you get for nausea? I've had a real problem with nausea. Zofran isnt doing the job for me, besides it causes slight headaches. Please take care and healthy wishes for your daughter.
  • pitt
    natly15 said:

Pitt - New Nausea Meds?
    Wishing you a peaceful weekend. What kind of new med did you get for nausea? I've had a real problem with nausea. Zofran isnt doing the job for me, besides it causes slight headaches. Please take care and healthy wishes for your daughter.

Nausea Meds
    natly, Zofran caused debilitating headaches for me. Definitely tell your onc about your headaches and see if you can get something else. They took the Zofran out of my pre-chemo cocktail and replaced it with something else. As for taking at home, I use Compazine and it works great! Good luck! Pitt
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    VickiSam said:

VickiSam

Vicki
    You have so earned the title of "Queen"! Along with the bows you should wear a crown!(That was you wasn't it?)It just amazes me at your strength & courage after I read your posts. And yet still find humor throughout all your setbacks!
    What do you mean your tastebuds are leaving you? You mean you get yours back?! I'm envious! I haven't had any tastebuds since the day after my first treatment. Cybil-that's funny & quite a blast from the past.
    I hope the best for you also.
    Prayers & Hugz,
    Cathy
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    pitt said:

All the best,
    Pitt

Pitt
    So sorry to hear about your daughter. I know that has to be tough. I hope she is feeling better real soon. I haven't been able to see my grandson for almost 2 weeks because he has been sick. He brings such joy into my heart as do our children-until they turn into teenagers that is! (sorry-couldn't resist) I have 2...that's good news about the new meds. I hope they bring you much needed relief. Good luck on tomorrows Chemo and if we don't hear from you-have a nice peaceful,relaxing weekend!
    Hang in there
    Cathy