Soups on

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My sister just brought me some cheese broccoli soup from the Bread Co. So good! Next week is my "chemo week" and I feel better eating soup during that time. Do any of you have a favorite soup that makes you feel better at that time? Morsie, I'm looking forward to the your chicken and dumplings next week! My tastebuds are returning finally today. I eat alot of crackers, too. That helps.

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Laurissa,
    Good observation!. During my Chemo I ate soup two times a day. Usually two different ones, including vegetable.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    soup
    If I am really nauseated, I only like potato soup. When I am feeling just a little off, I like the turkey gumbo (just posted recipe under recipes part 2 discussion).
  • elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124

soup
    If I am really nauseated, I only like potato soup. When I am feeling just a little off, I like the turkey gumbo (just posted recipe under recipes part 2 discussion).

Chemo was hard on my
    Chemo was hard on my stomach! I ate a lot of chicken and rice soup with crackers. Also ate a lot of cheese crackers, mashed potatoes, and yogurt. Oh, and one thing I also liked was Fruit Loops! I never buy sugary cereals like that but during chemo, it was one of my indulgences. Now I'm back to my healthy Kashi cereals!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    elizarose said:

Chemo was hard on my
    Chemo was hard on my stomach! I ate a lot of chicken and rice soup with crackers. Also ate a lot of cheese crackers, mashed potatoes, and yogurt. Oh, and one thing I also liked was Fruit Loops! I never buy sugary cereals like that but during chemo, it was one of my indulgences. Now I'm back to my healthy Kashi cereals!

My favorite soup is
    My favorite soup is vegetable beef soup or Minestone. And so easy to make,
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Potato-leek soup
    Laurissa,

During chemo, I was concerned that I wasn't getting any vegetables in me, and a lot of women here said that potatoes were the one vegetable that tasted good to them during chemo.

So I dug out one of my all-time favorite recipes, Potato-Leek Soup, made a big batch before one of my chemo rounds, and froze it in single-serving sizes. Definitely one of my better ideas...all I had to do was throw it in the microwave.

The recipe is posted under Let's Share Recipes Continued - Part 2 -- scroll down to September 29th.

Enjoy!

Traci