Looking good class

calvertcrafts
calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm going to the Looking Good Feeling Better class tonight. Has anyone been there? Did it help? My hair is almost gone and I'm suffering from constant face flushing from the steroids. My skin is very dry and flakey on my face. Will they help me deal with these? I'm starting to feel like people are staring at me all the time when I'm out. Help!

Comments

• elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Look Good Feel Better
    I went and I loved it. It was led by a dermotologist and a make up artist. Hopefully your's will also be run by a dermotoligist, but if not they may still be able to help. They went step by step from cleansing, moisturizing, concealer, foundation, eye brows, shadow, liner, lashes, blush, lips. They had a few wigs and hats that were available to try on and some even took one home if they liked it. You get to keep everything in your bag. I had lost my eyebrows and eyelashes when I went and the taught how to make your eyes look good in this situation. I think you will be very happy you went.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Haven't been yet
    I tried to go this month, but class was already full. Please share what it is like as I would love to hear!
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    CC
    Yes I also went to the class with my daughter and we were the only ones there so I enjoyed the individualized attention!It was fun. Yes it does help. They give you alot of helpful tips as Elm mentioned, you also come home with a bag of free make-up & skin care products. (who doesn't appreciate free stuff?!)I also learned how to make a wrap out of a cut off T-shirt-that was pretty neat. You will be glad you went! Let them stare! Just give them a big smile!
    Enjoy your class!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Cat64 said:

CC
    Yes I also went to the class with my daughter and we were the only ones there so I enjoyed the individualized attention!It was fun. Yes it does help. They give you alot of helpful tips as Elm mentioned, you also come home with a bag of free make-up & skin care products. (who doesn't appreciate free stuff?!)I also learned how to make a wrap out of a cut off T-shirt-that was pretty neat. You will be glad you went! Let them stare! Just give them a big smile!
    Enjoy your class!
    Hugz,
    Cathy

These classes are great. You
    These classes are great. You get all kinds of name brand cosmetics and they help you to put it on and everything. Enjoy it!
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    elm3544 said:

Look Good Feel Better
    I went and I loved it. It was led by a dermotologist and a make up artist. Hopefully your's will also be run by a dermotoligist, but if not they may still be able to help. They went step by step from cleansing, moisturizing, concealer, foundation, eye brows, shadow, liner, lashes, blush, lips. They had a few wigs and hats that were available to try on and some even took one home if they liked it. You get to keep everything in your bag. I had lost my eyebrows and eyelashes when I went and the taught how to make your eyes look good in this situation. I think you will be very happy you went.

Yes Yes......
    I went to one and had a ball. I loved the way the ladies showed us how to apply the creams and lotions and makeup. Everyone had such a great time. They show you how to apply the make up so it doesn't look phony and styling wigs, etc. You come away with a good feeling and a bag full of really good makeup/cleansers, etc. Go and have a ball!
    Pat
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

These classes are great. You
    These classes are great. You get all kinds of name brand cosmetics and they help you to put it on and everything. Enjoy it!

Enjoy this class. It is
    Enjoy this class. It is really neat and you get a lot of free stuff.

Leeza
  • calvertcrafts
    calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
    class
    I went to my Looking Good--Feeling better class tonight and I recomend it for everyone. Call and see when they're having one in your area.The make-up kit is amazing. We practiced putting all the make-up on and learned how to put on eyebrows when they fall off. The instructors gave helpful hints and ideas all through the class. Thanks to the ACS for providing this class.