Lola - How's It Going? And You Too Angie?

mizcaldwell
mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey First Timers -

How have the side effects been? I have had some weird miagraine type flashing in my eyes and headache - as well as the slight nausea. I made it through work today. They greeted me with a garbage can full of chemo gags - eye brow pencil, false eyelashes, a long blond fake wig, hand sanitizer, etc. They were fun. I've also had a little leg weakness . . .any one else have that kind of thing after round # 1?

Let me know how you are doing!

Lori

Comments

• lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    I too made it through work
    today. I think I surprised everyone, including myself. Slight headache and some nausea if I don't eat every couple hours, just something little like a couple crackers and a baby bel cheese. But all in all a decent day. The gag gifts sound fun! Have a good Veteran's Day holiday and rest. Lola
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Lori, what is your chemo
    Lori, what is your chemo cocktail? If you're taking Taxotere/Taxol one of the side effects is bone pain. Also, the Nuelasta shot the next day is notorious for this. I took Tylenol every 4-6 hours and the pain was tolerable. Best of luck and keep us updated. I liked the idea of all the chemo gags, very clever of them and also lifted your spirits, I'm sure.