Got my port in last Thursday

sweetvickid
sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thursday I get a pet scan and and then the following week I start my chemo. This is going to sound wierd but I can't wait to get it started. Once I decide what I want to do I want to do it immediately. Maybe all of this will teach me to have more patience but I doubt it.

Learned something today. Thought I was trying to get a sore throat but it is just the iv line going from the port. Gives me a really funny kinda sore feeling at the base of my throat.

Comments

• elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    I know what you mean about
    I know what you mean about being impatient. I felt the same way, Let's just do this! I hate waiting.
    I hope all goes well for you!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    elm3544 said:

I know what you mean about
    I know what you mean about being impatient. I felt the same way, Let's just do this! I hate waiting.
    I hope all goes well for you!

Good luck!
    I hope it goes well and easy for you too Vicki! Best of luck to you!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Good luck with your PET scan
    Good luck with your PET scan and good luck with chemo.

HUGS!
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    funny feeling in throat
    I had a similar experience, and it went away as I healed. Also, for the longest while, I couldn't tilt my head back more than a little without feeling tension in the incision area in my neck. My imagination kicked in, and I became concerned that the tube might pull out, and what kind of disaster would that be? That is also no longer happening, although I still think about it occasionally. Sometimes our bodies adjust long before our minds do.
  • brenda247
    brenda247 Member Posts: 124
    know how ya feel!!
    I was wanting to get started myself sooner than I did.. I know I done the right thing.. I just finished my chemo and boy it was one heck of a bumpy road but it effects everyone differently.. I hope you all the best!! best of luck to ya and prayers are going your way!!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    brenda247 said:

know how ya feel!!
    I was wanting to get started myself sooner than I did.. I know I done the right thing.. I just finished my chemo and boy it was one heck of a bumpy road but it effects everyone differently.. I hope you all the best!! best of luck to ya and prayers are going your way!!

Just wishing you good luck!
    Just wishing you good luck! Praying for you!

Angie
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Angie2U said:

Just wishing you good luck!
    Just wishing you good luck! Praying for you!

Angie

Good Luck Vicki
    Best of luck to you. I think we all go through combinations of dread and "Im ready let's get on with this!" The Pet scan isn't bad and chemo room is full of angels. Best to you. You will be in my prayers.