Lola - How's it Going?

mizcaldwell
mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
How did the weekend go? And the neulasta - not a big deal, right? It's been easier than I had feared! Hope the same for you. I am off to a naturalist to see what kind of immune support they can offer!

Check in with you all later!

Lori

Comments

• lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Good morning!
    The weekend went pretty well. Some nausea last night but I think it may have been more related to eating a hot brownie with rocky road ice cream and whipping cream before going to bed. My daughter had baked fresh brownies and I couldn't resist. I'm heading off for my neulasta shot in about an hour. I'm glad it was easier than you thought. I'm going to make a appt with the natureopath this week. Next chemo I'll be able to have the shot the day after instead of waiting the entire weekend.
    Check in later. Hope we hear from Donna soon. I posted on that thread as well. Have a great day. Lola
  • Fran1947
    Fran1947 Member Posts: 72

Good morning!
    The weekend went pretty well. Some nausea last night but I think it may have been more related to eating a hot brownie with rocky road ice cream and whipping cream before going to bed. My daughter had baked fresh brownies and I couldn't resist. I'm heading off for my neulasta shot in about an hour. I'm glad it was easier than you thought. I'm going to make a appt with the natureopath this week. Next chemo I'll be able to have the shot the day after instead of waiting the entire weekend.
    Check in later. Hope we hear from Donna soon. I posted on that thread as well. Have a great day. Lola

Neulasta
    Hi Lola,

I hope it goes well! Since I live 35 miles from my doctor's office I arranged for a prescription for it and gave it to myself. It is really easy. I would never have thought I could do if, but the first time I was in treatment 7 years ago, I ended up having to travel to a funeral while I needed daily shots of neupagen. So my oncology nurse taught me how to do it, and after I got over being squeamish it was fine.

I hope the side effects are minor to nothing for you!

Hugs,

Fran
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Good morning!

Glad your weekend went well.
    Glad your weekend went well. Sorry about the nausea. Send me those brownies lol

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    DianeBC said:

Glad your weekend went well.
    Glad your weekend went well. Sorry about the nausea. Send me those brownies lol

Hugs, Diane ♥

Miss Lola .. How is your energy levels ?? any
    tired or sore bones ?? I am worried about you, and I am praying that God lays his hand on your body .. min. side efforts for you, my friend.

VickiSam
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387

Good morning!

Hang in there champ! You
    Hang in there champ! You did great and I'm sending you positive vibes hoping you will continue to be strong! I'm glad your daughter is taking such great care of you.