Chemo #1 went well!

Options
Whoknowz
Whoknowz Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Lori, I told you I'd let you know how it went today and it went really well. They had to slow down the taxotere about halfway thru, I got queasy a couple of times and downright nauseous towards the end of the cytoxan so they gave me ativan. I consider it an excellent beginning to this leg of the journey.

Hope you're still doing well!

Angela

Comments

• lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    Good job Angela!
    Get your neulasta shot tomorrow and you can check of the 1st round of the chemo part of the battle. Got mine today and it wasn't as bad as I thought. At least needle-wise. I'm a chicken with needles, blood draws, even the initial stick of the IV - have to look away but then I'm OK. Hope you continue to have minimal discomfort. Remember lots of water. I'm drinking so much I feel like I must be in my 3rd trimester as I have to make sure there are bathrooms close. LOL. Take care. Lola
  • Whoknowz
    Whoknowz Member Posts: 82
    Options

Good job Angela!
    Get your neulasta shot tomorrow and you can check of the 1st round of the chemo part of the battle. Got mine today and it wasn't as bad as I thought. At least needle-wise. I'm a chicken with needles, blood draws, even the initial stick of the IV - have to look away but then I'm OK. Hope you continue to have minimal discomfort. Remember lots of water. I'm drinking so much I feel like I must be in my 3rd trimester as I have to make sure there are bathrooms close. LOL. Take care. Lola

I wondered how the shot felt
    Thanks, Lola. I wondered how that shot was. I'm with you on the floating my way to the bathroom! Angela
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Whoknowz said:

I wondered how the shot felt
    Thanks, Lola. I wondered how that shot was. I'm with you on the floating my way to the bathroom! Angela

Good job!
    Good job! Hope it continues to go well for you.

Leeza
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Options
    Congrats, Angela! We've made
    Congrats, Angela! We've made it through round one! I'm glad it went well!

I'll keep my positive vibes your way!

Lori
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Lori

Congrats, Lola and Angela .. I am so proud of the two
    of you new Chemo Chicks ... Way to go .. drink drink drink water and rest. Take Advil when necessary.

Let me know how the two of you are doing in a few day.

Cyber Hugs ..

VickiSam
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Congrats on that first one
    Congrats on that first one Angela! I pray it continues to go well for you!

HUGS
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Congrats on that first one
    Congrats on that first one Angela! I pray it continues to go well for you!

HUGS

You chemo chicks rock! Good
    You chemo chicks rock! Good job Angela!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Good job, Angela. You're
    Good job, Angela. You're one step closer to the finish line. And, I can tell you from experience, it is doable. I finished my chemo on 10/15 and am now going through radiation. So far so good on that as well. Keep us up-to-date on your progress. Take care.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Lori

Congratulations Angela on
    Congratulations Angela on getting that first chemo done!

Angie
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Congrats Chemo Chicks!!!
    Congrats Chemo Chicks!!! Now that you know what to expect, the rest is a piece of cake. I'm sending you positive thoughts to help you through the next few days and beyond. You did it! Now we just have to get through to the last day...chemo graduation!!!
  • pitt
    Options
    Congrats Chemo Chicks!!!
    Congrats Chemo Chicks!!! Now that you know what to expect, the rest is a piece of cake. I'm sending you positive thoughts to help you through the next few days and beyond. You did it! Now we just have to get through to the last day...chemo graduation!!!
  • pitt
    Options
    Congrats Chemo Chicks!!!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi, Angela
    Glad you're doing well so far. For me, the leunasta shot kicks in almost exactly 36 hours after given. Don't be alarmed about the bone aches, it's tolerable.