Cancer recurs in dense breasts.. BBC Health today

tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just read about this. It's not very good news for those of us who have dense breasts.

bbcnews/health

Jxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Very timely
    At least for me. I have been told that my breast tissue is very dense, and I go for my first oncology appointment tomorrow. I already know that they plan to do radiation since I had the lumpectomy, but I'm printing out this article and taking it with me.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I saw the heading and
    I saw the heading and didn't want to read it. The sand is looking better and better. naw, just kidding. Is radiotherapy the same as radiation?
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Well, my breasts used to be
    Well, my breasts used to be dense, but I sent them to school over the summer and now they are much more alert and aware. So I hope that if The Beast wants to revisit, they are now smart enough to say No, Thanks!

Sigh indeed,Ms Julia~ it's always something, isn't it?

Hugs,
    C♥
  • Marcia527
    chenheart said:

Well, my breasts used to be
    Well, my breasts used to be dense, but I sent them to school over the summer and now they are much more alert and aware. So I hope that if The Beast wants to revisit, they are now smart enough to say No, Thanks!

Sigh indeed,Ms Julia~ it's always something, isn't it?

Hugs,
    C♥

'Just say no.' doesn't work.

• chenheart
    Marcia527 said:

Now you tell me! LOL So my
    Now you tell me! LOL So my dense breasts are still dense on the inside but just seem smarter on the outside? Dang!!!!!

Hugs,
    C♥
  • tasha_111
    chenheart said:

Now you tell me! LOL So my dense breasts are still dense on the inside but just seem smarter on the outside? Dang!!!!!

Hugs,
    C♥

Shame!
    I thought mine might have learned their lesson........especially the little one! Oh well... fingers crossed.

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxx
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    C♥

getting older
    One thing about getting older is that dense breast become less dense and the mamos are easier to read.
  • chenheart
    Jadie said:

getting older
    One thing about getting older is that dense breast become less dense and the mamos are easier to read.

Oh good...well maybe my
    Oh good...well maybe my breasts didn't get smarter, they just got transluscent!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    chenheart said:

Oh good...well maybe my
    Oh good...well maybe my breasts didn't get smarter, they just got transluscent!

Thank you ladies
    you made my day!.
    I got really upset in the morning after I was looking at "them" at the mirror. My left "new/flap" one is so different from my old right one. It took a lot of effort to get a new one. But on the other hand, right one get really smarter. Used to be very dense, now on Tamoxifen it is absolutely easy and relax.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    I had them when I was younger.
    I always had dense and sore breasts. I recently discovered some research on iodine and dense breasts. There is info at this website: www.breastcancerchoices.org.

Roseann
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    My breasts are very dense so
    My breasts are very dense so my docs do a breast MRI every 12 months in addition to my mammograms.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Heyy, tasha
    I may be dense, but what are dense breasts? I have them, too. Thats why my cancer didn't show up on mammogram. They are fat and heavy, 44DD.
  • tasha_111
    laurissa said:

Heyy, tasha
    I may be dense, but what are dense breasts? I have them, too. Thats why my cancer didn't show up on mammogram. They are fat and heavy, 44DD.

Yo Laurissa!!!!!!!!
    I too was 'Top Heavy'. 40D and mine didn't show on Mamogram either. My oncol said this was because of my age and the fact that I had 'Dense' breasts. Oh well, this be our cross to bear I guess. And to think all my friends used to be jealous of my Dolly Parton figure...(I wonder if they'd feel the same now>) LOL
  • Marcia527
    laurissa said:

Heyy, tasha

Mine didn't show on
    Mine didn't show on mammogram either.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Mine didn't show on
    Mine didn't show on mammogram either.

My cancer showed on the
    My cancer showed on the mammogram. I am sure my breasts are not dense. I am barely a B and they are smooshy and stretchy and easy to mammo. They may have been dense when I was young and so were they. My weight has been up and down (by 60 lbs or more) over many, many years and they are just like the rest of my skin, loose and floppy. My theme is Must be jelly cause jam don't shake like that. LOL It's why I had my fairy tattoo placed high on my chest not on my breast. Otherwise her feet would be reaching the floor soon. This way she stays in place.
    Changed my avatar to JJ and Jo. They had just got their pumpkins. Jo kept throwing hers. I think she thought it was a ball. JJ told me his was not a pumpkin but a jack O'Lantern. He explained that pumpkins were for pie and Jack O'lanterns were for Halloween. And nothing we said could convince him it could be both.
    Stef