beth trial

newbiefromcananda
newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
has anyone heard of or took part in a trial study of using a drug called Bevacizumab with herceptin in HER2 + breast cancer?
Thanks everyone Lisa

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Nope
    No Lisa, I haven't. Can you tell us more about it? I am sure that the HER2+ ladies here would be interested in knowing more. Thanks!

Sue :)
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Lisa
    I am very interested in knowing more,I only have a couple Herceptin treatments left and have finished all other ..chemo, and radiation. Please keep me posted and I will dosome researchalso. and good luck to you dear,

Jackie
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    rjjj said:

Lisa
    I am very interested in knowing more,I only have a couple Herceptin treatments left and have finished all other ..chemo, and radiation. Please keep me posted and I will dosome researchalso. and good luck to you dear,

Jackie

Lisa
    Lisa,
    I have never heard of this. I will not finish my Herceptin treatment until August 2010. It would be interesting to find out about it.

Margo
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    I was also offered a
    I was also offered a clinical trail with this drug.. I am her2 neg.. ( i am a triple neg ca).. i choose not to take part in the trail because I didn't want to be part of a trail that was blind.. some patients would get a palcebo and some the avastin..
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    e_hope said:

I was also offered a
    I was also offered a clinical trail with this drug.. I am her2 neg.. ( i am a triple neg ca).. i choose not to take part in the trail because I didn't want to be part of a trail that was blind.. some patients would get a palcebo and some the avastin..

My friend told me her friend
    My friend told me her friend got the avatin, she was stage3/4 so she definately got the drug. She was on it for a year and then her blood pressure was too high so they stopped it. she has had all clear scans for two years.
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    well It is a clinical trial
    well It is a clinical trial to learn if adding bevacizumab to treatment with chemo and herceptin to lower your chances of reoccurence if you go to the cancer website it has been successfully used in corectal cancer? so I am really not sure what to do , herceptin was a clinical trial as well and now it is being used so?I am still thinking about it Lisa
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508

well It is a clinical trial
    well It is a clinical trial to learn if adding bevacizumab to treatment with chemo and herceptin to lower your chances of reoccurence if you go to the cancer website it has been successfully used in corectal cancer? so I am really not sure what to do , herceptin was a clinical trial as well and now it is being used so?I am still thinking about it Lisa

A personal choice
    You never know if going with a clinical trial is the best thing to do or not and I suppose that's why they call it a 'trial'. It's understandable for people to feel like 'guinea pigs' because in essence, it's close to that. It depends a lot upon the side effects of what it is they are using and they can usually tell you that. I almost did a clinical trial of 'Avastan', but the side affect was that it caused heart problems. They said they would back out after the 7th patient came forth with heart problems. That person came through 2 days after they told me about the trial, so it closed. It's difficult and it's scary to think that you are trying something that the medical field is not certain about, but you have to weigh it out. There can be a lot of good that can come out of new medicine and things that are popping up for sure. I am presently on TAC which was also at one time a 'clinical trial'. Unfortunately, from day one we are faced with decision after decision and only 'we' as an individual can make those final decisions. One thing that has helped me make decisions more easily is that I'm not making them for my child and hope to GOD I'm never faced with that!

I'm certain you will make the right choice, Lisa! You seem to be a very strong woman and very inquisitive. You will find your answers... never stop asking questions!

Hugs ~ Mar
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    good luck hun
    worth looking into, at this stage. thats why so much money is donated, to find more what will get rid of this dragon.
  • carkris

good luck hun
    worth looking into, at this stage. thats why so much money is donated, to find more what will get rid of this dragon.

the same freind who had the
    the same freind who had the friend, was part of a clinical trial 18 years ago, for adriamycin and cytoxan, did not get taxol. she is cancer free 18 years later. and doing great. she inspires me every day. its a tough decision. I wonder if you can talk to other women who have been through it or currently involved, or will that mess up the study?
  • carkris

good luck hun

the same freind who had the friend, was part of a clinical trial 18 years ago, for adriamycin and cytoxan, did not get taxol. she is cancer free 18 years later. and doing great. she inspires me every day. its a tough decision. I wonder if you can talk to other women who have been through it or currently involved, or will that mess up the study?
  • carkris

good luck hun

• carkris

good luck hun

• carkris
    carkris said:

how do I get rid of the
    how do I get rid of the repeats my impatient hands keep doing this ugh!!!1sorry
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    carkris said:

how do I get rid of the
    how do I get rid of the repeats my impatient hands keep doing this ugh!!!1sorry

You keep hitting post.
    You keep hitting post. Sometimes the site is slow in posting what you wrote and you keep hitting post thinking that it didn't take it. Just hit it once and wait.

It happens..lol
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

You keep hitting post.
    You keep hitting post. Sometimes the site is slow in posting what you wrote and you keep hitting post thinking that it didn't take it. Just hit it once and wait.

It happens..lol

I have never heard of this
    I have never heard of this trial. Good luck to you!

Debby
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Marlene_K said:

A personal choice
    You never know if going with a clinical trial is the best thing to do or not and I suppose that's why they call it a 'trial'. It's understandable for people to feel like 'guinea pigs' because in essence, it's close to that. It depends a lot upon the side effects of what it is they are using and they can usually tell you that. I almost did a clinical trial of 'Avastan', but the side affect was that it caused heart problems. They said they would back out after the 7th patient came forth with heart problems. That person came through 2 days after they told me about the trial, so it closed. It's difficult and it's scary to think that you are trying something that the medical field is not certain about, but you have to weigh it out. There can be a lot of good that can come out of new medicine and things that are popping up for sure. I am presently on TAC which was also at one time a 'clinical trial'. Unfortunately, from day one we are faced with decision after decision and only 'we' as an individual can make those final decisions. One thing that has helped me make decisions more easily is that I'm not making them for my child and hope to GOD I'm never faced with that!

I'm certain you will make the right choice, Lisa! You seem to be a very strong woman and very inquisitive. You will find your answers... never stop asking questions!

Hugs ~ Mar

I haven't heard of it, but,
    I haven't heard of it, but, I admire those that do them. I would be too scared, but, someone has to in order to find new advancements and treatments I guess. Good luck to you if you do it.

Hugs, Diane ♥