Help, need name

jolenew
jolenew Member Posts: 38
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We are forming a team for the Relay For Life and I can not come up with a good team name, ANY IDEAS.

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    There have been so many
    There have been so many names made. Is the team representing one person in particular? Or, just bc?

Leeza
  • jolenew
    jnl said:

There have been so many
    There have been so many names made. Is the team representing one person in particular? Or, just bc?

Leeza

Confused more
    so many close to me have passed with various types of cancer, I am the only one with bc, so it is either for bc or any cancer
  • jnl
    jolenew said:

Confused more
    so many close to me have passed with various types of cancer, I am the only one with bc, so it is either for bc or any cancer

Just have everyone on your
    Just have everyone on your team submit something. And, if none of them are great, at least, it will give you something to work with. Some use Pink Ta Ta's, The Boob Team, Pink Fighters, BC fighters. There are just numerous ones to use. See what your whole team can come up with. Also, if you go to the ACS Relay for Life site, they have a list of teams all of over the country. Use one of theirs. lol

Leeza
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    team name
    There's a local team here with a name I like - Bosom Buddies.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I agree, ask for help from your team...
    But an 'oldie but goodie' is 'cancer warriors'.

Hugs, Kathi
  • mickeymom
    mickeymom Member Posts: 117
    My daughter and her high school friends have had a team for a couple years. They are called "Team Braveheart!"
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Cancer Survivor Champions?

Cancer Survivor Champions?
  • sherria49
    sherria49 Member Posts: 126
    Team Name!
    I bought a couple of T-shirts for my best friends it said

"Breast Friends"
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    All I can think of is....
    "Pretty In Pink" Pammy
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    my input
    going thru chemo i think of chemo as knights going thru my viens to kill the dragon (cancer ) so i would call it the dragon slayers
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234

my input
    going thru chemo i think of chemo as knights going thru my viens to kill the dragon (cancer ) so i would call it the dragon slayers

Ilike that thought
    Ilike that thought xskeetshooter I am going to think of that when I start chemo!!!lisa
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    team name
    My son recently put together a fund raiser for the ACS during the Denver marathon in my honor - at first he was going to call it "Joggin' For Jenny's Jug's" but thought better of it as I only have one now! The team settled on "Joggin' For Jenny"
    His whole team had family members that had had or do have cancer - they wore ribbons on their backs with those names -
    good luck with your race -
    -Jenny
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I was part of the Cancer
    I was part of the Cancer Conquerors, and another team name name which I LOVED was The Young and The Rest Of Us! I also have seen Cancer Kickers, Winning Warriors, Fearless Fighters, Strong Survivors and Walking With A Purpose.

But, in keeping with my own true love of this phrase, if it were my personal choice, it would absolutely be Kindred Spirits!

Good Luck on choosing a name and, the Relay! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • xskeetshooter

Ilike that thought
    Ilike that thought xskeetshooter I am going to think of that when I start chemo!!!lisa

it helps me , hope it does you too
    i am from canada too
  • xskeetshooter

Ilike that thought

it helps me , hope it does you too
    i am from canada too
  • jnl
    chenheart said:

I was part of the Cancer
    I was part of the Cancer Conquerors, and another team name name which I LOVED was The Young and The Rest Of Us! I also have seen Cancer Kickers, Winning Warriors, Fearless Fighters, Strong Survivors and Walking With A Purpose.

But, in keeping with my own true love of this phrase, if it were my personal choice, it would absolutely be Kindred Spirits!

Good Luck on choosing a name and, the Relay! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You don't have a name yet?
    You don't have a name yet? Claudia has a lot of good choices.

Leeza
  • jolenew
    thanks rainbow4
    I talked to the girls and they LOVE the bosom buddies, so thats the team name. Thanks to all of you for the imput.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    jolenew said:

thanks rainbow4
    I talked to the girls and they LOVE the bosom buddies, so thats the team name. Thanks to all of you for the imput.

Great! I love that name for
    Great! I love that name for your team! Good luck!

Sue :)