Femara

lafera12
lafera12 Member Posts: 63
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just started taking Femara after taking Arimidex for a year..
Does anyone know the side effects and when they usually start...

Angie

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Sorry Angie, I have never
    Sorry Angie, I have never taken it, but, I know some here have and will reply to you.

Good luck!
  • elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124
    Noel said:

Sorry Angie, I have never
    Sorry Angie, I have never taken it, but, I know some here have and will reply to you.

Good luck!

check this out
    http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/hormonal/comp_chart.jsp
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Femara
    I've been on Femara for about 6 weeks, and so far I'm fine on it. Its being used to shrink my tumors so I can have surgery. My onc told my side effects might include hot flashes,joint pain, fatigue, nausea, weight gain and then there are serious side effects that all drugs carry. Since I have diabetes, High blood pressure, asthma and fibromyalgia I already feel tired and have body pain, so for the most part I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary. Maybe I haven't been on Femara long enough for side effects to sit in.
    Best wishes and hope you don't have any side effects. I hear Femara is a good therapy. Others here on this site may be able to help you more.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Sunrae said:

Femara
    I've been on Femara for about 6 weeks, and so far I'm fine on it. Its being used to shrink my tumors so I can have surgery. My onc told my side effects might include hot flashes,joint pain, fatigue, nausea, weight gain and then there are serious side effects that all drugs carry. Since I have diabetes, High blood pressure, asthma and fibromyalgia I already feel tired and have body pain, so for the most part I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary. Maybe I haven't been on Femara long enough for side effects to sit in.
    Best wishes and hope you don't have any side effects. I hear Femara is a good therapy. Others here on this site may be able to help you more.

I am not on it, but, I want
    I am not on it, but, I want to wish you good luck!

Debby
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    DebbyM said:

I am not on it, but, I want
    I am not on it, but, I want to wish you good luck!

Debby

I am not on Femara either,
    I am not on Femara either, but, I hope it works for you. Let us know.

Leeza
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    jnl said:

I am not on Femara either,
    I am not on Femara either, but, I hope it works for you. Let us know.

Leeza

Femara
    I've been on Femara for nearly 3 months. So far the side effects are mostly hot flashes and night sweats. Occasionally, I experience a momentary light headedness. While I don't wish to have any more serious side effects, I'm prepared to deal with whatever comes as long as the Femara keeps doing what it's supposed to do.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    aromatase inhibitors
    All of the aromatase inhibitors (femara, aromisin, arimidex) can cause joint pain and fatigue. Everyone's reactions and side effects are different. I take arimidex and switched to taking it in the evening as opposed to morning because I felt tired and achy. I've done much better with the PM dose. I had neck pain (like a crick in my neck) off and on for about a month, but that has disappeared. For me, there was a definite adjustment period. I have been on arimidex since April and am now doing well on it. Hang in there!