Marlene k..where was your surgery done

Options
meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, I just saw your post that your masectomy was done in Philadelphia, where was it done? I go to Einstein One for treatment.

Comments

• Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    Fox Chase
    I had my mastectomy at Fox Chase... Dr. Richard Bleitcher was my surgeon and he was absolutely WONDERFUL! He is a young guy but he's excellent. Even professional people that have seen my scar say what a fantastic job he did. I planned on continuing my treatment at Fox Chase, but they initially wanted to put me on a clinical trial that stopped just two days after they told me about it. Their alternative treatment was going to be the same as a highly recommended oncologist in my town wanted to put me on, so I decided that staying local was most definitely in my best interest. I like him a lot and so far I'm very happy with my decision. I have only had one treatment. I'm on Taxotere, Adromiacin & Cytoxen (I probably totally messed up the spelling of those). I go once every 21 days for 6 sessions. My next is on November 13th, which I think I'm changing to the 12th, because if not, I won't get my neulasta shot until Monday which would set up a couple yucky days at work. The neulasta shot makes me very achy.

How are things going for you?
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

Fox Chase
    I had my mastectomy at Fox Chase... Dr. Richard Bleitcher was my surgeon and he was absolutely WONDERFUL! He is a young guy but he's excellent. Even professional people that have seen my scar say what a fantastic job he did. I planned on continuing my treatment at Fox Chase, but they initially wanted to put me on a clinical trial that stopped just two days after they told me about it. Their alternative treatment was going to be the same as a highly recommended oncologist in my town wanted to put me on, so I decided that staying local was most definitely in my best interest. I like him a lot and so far I'm very happy with my decision. I have only had one treatment. I'm on Taxotere, Adromiacin & Cytoxen (I probably totally messed up the spelling of those). I go once every 21 days for 6 sessions. My next is on November 13th, which I think I'm changing to the 12th, because if not, I won't get my neulasta shot until Monday which would set up a couple yucky days at work. The neulasta shot makes me very achy.

How are things going for you?

I am doing well, I finished
    I am doing well, I finished my radiation in May, I went to Fox Chase for that. It is near my home. I still go to Einstein every month for labs and treatment. The treatment is not chemo, it is to strengthn my bones. I was on Taxol and Herceptin, and i finished that last October. Good luck with the rest of your treatments, it will be over before you know it, honest. Rest, drink water and stay positive