New Jersey

Marlene_K
Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Was inspired by a couple posts to find out if anyone here lives in good ole Joisey. I live near the shore, about an hour north of Atlantic City. I guess it doesn't ask on our profiles where we're from. I was thinking... wouldn't it be neat to plan something down the road where somehow we could all meet, face to face? I think that would be something to look very forward to! Not too sure if it's feasible, but the thought of it gives me chills!

Comments

• cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    NY
    Hi! I don't live in NJ but live 30 miles north of NYC in Westchester County. It's an amazingly beautiful day here today! Hope you have a great day! HUGS!! Cathy
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Hi, I live in Philadelphia,
    Hi, I live in Philadelphia, not too far from you. I go to the jersey shore a lot in the summer. I go to Atlantic City, and Ocean City. Although it looks like you live in Northern New Jersey, are you near Seaside Heights?
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    meena1 said:

Hi, I live in Philadelphia, not too far from you. I go to the jersey shore a lot in the summer. I go to Atlantic City, and Ocean City. Although it looks like you live in Northern New Jersey, are you near Seaside Heights?

I live outside of New Haven Ct
    Hi Northeasterners!

I'm close enough to consider a regional get-together. I'll be spending New Years in Cape May, NJ. We go every year at least once. I lived in Wilmington, DE for 6 years so I spent lots of time in Philadelphia. My boys loved the zoo. With enough notice, I can get to either of your areas or we could have a NYC adventure.

Roseann
  • Marlene_K
    meena1 said:

Yes!
    I'm in Toms River... right over the bridge ;)
  • meena1
    roseann4 said:

Hi Northeasterners!

I'm close enough to consider a regional get-together. I'll be spending New Years in Cape May, NJ. We go every year at least once. I lived in Wilmington, DE for 6 years so I spent lots of time in Philadelphia. My boys loved the zoo. With enough notice, I can get to either of your areas or we could have a NYC adventure.

Roseann

I love Cape May, where will
    I love Cape May, where will you be staying and for how long? we usually go there in the summer also, i love to stay at a bed and breakfast.
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K said:

Yes!

Why...
    do these posts go to the wrong spot? The above comment was in response to Meena's. geeesh!
  • Marlene_K
    roseann4 said:

Hi Northeasterners!

Roseann

GREAT!!!
    Sounds wonderful to me! We will definitely have to make this happen!
  • meena1
    Marlene_K said:

Yes!

There are a lot of things
    There are a lot of things going on around Christmas in Nj and NY. I love to gamble and shop!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Marlene_K said:

Why...
    do these posts go to the wrong spot? The above comment was in response to Meena's. geeesh!

It responds in the right
    It responds in the right spot but if there are others responding in between it gets confusing. That is why sometimes we put who the post is to. It makes it a little clearer if the post is all over the place.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    meena1 said:

There are a lot of things
    There are a lot of things going on around Christmas in Nj and NY. I love to gamble and shop!

We stay at the Queen Victoria
    When we go to Cape May, we stay at the Queen Victoria. It is a relaxing get away that's close enough to drive.

Don't know what everyone's financial situation is right now. I'm up for anything and can find money in my budget for dinner and a show in New York or I can also get to Atlantic City without an issue. The main thing is that we want time to visit with each other and make connections. If we find a nice restaurant in NJ that might be a great place to start. That would be in everyone's budget and we can plan other things down the road. Your thoughts?

Roseann
  • Marlene_K
    roseann4 said:

We stay at the Queen Victoria
    When we go to Cape May, we stay at the Queen Victoria. It is a relaxing get away that's close enough to drive.

Don't know what everyone's financial situation is right now. I'm up for anything and can find money in my budget for dinner and a show in New York or I can also get to Atlantic City without an issue. The main thing is that we want time to visit with each other and make connections. If we find a nice restaurant in NJ that might be a great place to start. That would be in everyone's budget and we can plan other things down the road. Your thoughts?

Roseann

Cape May
    Cape May would be a wonderful place to do this, without a doubt! I'm not great on 'decision making' so if any of you ladies are good at it, feel free to suggest a date & time and I would be very happy to make it happen :))
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Former Jersey Girl
    I was born in Trenton and raised in Willingboro (Burlington County - South Central) but now live in WV. However, all my family still live in NJ. So I visit at least once a year and we always hit Atlantic City for a day. My visits are usually during the spring. I would be up to a Spring get together. Pammy
  • Marlene_K
    Akiss4me said:

Former Jersey Girl
    I was born in Trenton and raised in Willingboro (Burlington County - South Central) but now live in WV. However, all my family still live in NJ. So I visit at least once a year and we always hit Atlantic City for a day. My visits are usually during the spring. I would be up to a Spring get together. Pammy

That would be great!
    I would hope we could have more than one, so AC in the spring sounds like it would be wonderful! If all goes as planned, I should be finished with chemo AND RADS by that time. A true reason to celebrate and where better than at the shore in AC! Your pic always makes me laugh, Pammy... my dog's name is 'Cookie'... she's a pekingnese, haha!
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    When I did the map
    there were a number of women in the area. I couldn't get names on it. Too many and too small a map. Check it out under my expressions. Lola
  • lafera12
    lafera12 Member Posts: 63

When I did the map
    there were a number of women in the area. I couldn't get names on it. Too many and too small a map. Check it out under my expressions. Lola

Tuckerton
    I'm pretty new to this site..but saw your post.
    I live in Tuckerton, about 30 minutes north of Atlantic City.
    Angie