Good News

Grains
Grains Member Posts: 27
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everyone! I have good news, I think. I finally got a result from my pathology test. My cancer was estrogen sensitive and PR was slightly sensitive. They don't have the HER2 results yet. This is so encouraging to me. I know I will have to take Tamoxifen or something for 5 years, but it will help to keep it from coming back. The first time I had BC, I was ER negative and PR negative and HER2 negative. I had chemo. This time the cancer was in the other breast. I am thinking MAYBE I won't have to have chemo this time. Of course I won't know anything for sure until I see the oncologist on Wednesday.
Anyway, I am celebrating a little. Has anyone out there had a similar experience with it being positive and not having to have chemo. The tumor was 1.5 cm and it had not spread to my lymph nodes

Grains

Comments

• maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115
    Good News
    I was diagnosed in June, 2009. Had a bilateral mastectomy on June 23. My tumor was 4.5 cm and pathology report said HER2 negative. My oncologist had an Oncotype DX test on the tumor and my number was 8, which mean no chemo. I've been on Arimidex (post menopausal) now since that time and doing well. I also had no lymph node invasion and clear margins.Good luch and keep us posted.
  • Grains
    Grains Member Posts: 27

Good News
    I was diagnosed in June, 2009. Had a bilateral mastectomy on June 23. My tumor was 4.5 cm and pathology report said HER2 negative. My oncologist had an Oncotype DX test on the tumor and my number was 8, which mean no chemo. I've been on Arimidex (post menopausal) now since that time and doing well. I also had no lymph node invasion and clear margins.Good luch and keep us posted.

Thanks for your input. It is
    Thanks for your input. It is nice to hear good news. Just keep hanging in there.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Grains said:

Thanks for your input. It is
    Thanks for your input. It is nice to hear good news. Just keep hanging in there.

Glad you got some good news!
    Glad you got some good news!

I am ER and PR+ and HER2negative. Your pathology report will determine if you need chemo, but, it sounds like you won't from what you wrote here. Good luck!

Sue :)
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808

Good News

Sounds good for you
    I've just recently been diagnosed with bc, 3 tumors, 2.2cm, 1.5cm and a tiny one with lymph node involvement. I'm ER positive, HER2 negative, and the oncotype Dx test number was 18, borderline between low and moderate. My onc decided that she wasn't going to put me on chemo at this time and use Femara to shrink my tumors. She feels that this is a good theraphy for me. This just might be good for you and if it avoids chemo again, that would be great. Wishing you the best and let us know how you're doing. Sunrae
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Sunrae said:

Sounds good for you
    I've just recently been diagnosed with bc, 3 tumors, 2.2cm, 1.5cm and a tiny one with lymph node involvement. I'm ER positive, HER2 negative, and the oncotype Dx test number was 18, borderline between low and moderate. My onc decided that she wasn't going to put me on chemo at this time and use Femara to shrink my tumors. She feels that this is a good theraphy for me. This just might be good for you and if it avoids chemo again, that would be great. Wishing you the best and let us know how you're doing. Sunrae

That is good news! Happy
    That is good news! Happy for you!

Leeza