Snow

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We got 6 inches of heavy wet snow last night.
Too soon for this.

Margo

Comments

• pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Margo....
    Where you at? I live in SD and I NEED snow desperately!! I do snow removal in the winter, it puts the bread and butter on my table :). It's November 6th and we have a high of 70 today, CRAZY, that never happens in South Dakota!
    Hugs,
    Kari
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Sorry, my fault!!!!
    I started my yearly 'let it snow' shrine this past weekend...

I do it for Holland, but sometimes the vibes go to the wrong place!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    KathiM said:

Sorry, my fault!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Snow
    Lucky you.I love snow except when I have to drive in it.And I will for 7 to 8weeks for radiation starting next week.So for that reason I guess i don,t want to get alot of it.(Pat).
  • tommaseena

Margo....
    Where you at? I live in SD and I NEED snow desperately!! I do snow removal in the winter, it puts the bread and butter on my table :). It's November 6th and we have a high of 70 today, CRAZY, that never happens in South Dakota!
    Hugs,
    Kari

Kari
    Kari,
    I live in central Maine. 30 miles south got nothing. I went in for my treatment today with big boots on and I think everyone thought I had lost my mind but once I told them 6 inches--they couldn't believe it.

I wish it was 70 here.

Jake played int he snow for 20 minutes before we headed off for school.

Margo
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729

Kari
    Kari,
    I live in central Maine. 30 miles south got nothing. I went in for my treatment today with big boots on and I think everyone thought I had lost my mind but once I told them 6 inches--they couldn't believe it.

I wish it was 70 here.

Jake played int he snow for 20 minutes before we headed off for school.

Margo

My husband's mom was from
    My husband's mom was from Maine and she used to tell stories about the heavy and deep snow falls.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member

Margo....
    Hugs,
    Kari

The part of SD I live in has
    The part of SD I live in has already had several snows since the first of Sept. One friend got close to 30" at her house near Lead. The next snow we get I'm supposed to take Son's GF out and try to teach her to drive in it. He's tried several times this winter so far with no luck so she falls to me to try. Really don't understand - she grew up in MT and lived there til she moved to SD as adult. Being a Floridian by birth makes as much sense as me not knowing how to drive in a T-storm (I learned to drive in snow because I had to after we moved to WA state in my 30's)

We are supposed to get to the 70's today too but we do that sometimes during Feb. too.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    KathiM said:

Sorry, my fault!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

That was funny Kathy. It
    That was funny Kathy. It reminded me that when we had a couple of different droughts my mom (who was 1/8 Yakima Indian) would go out on the deck and do her form of a rain dance. One year it worked so well that we then had some serious flooding problems. She told us she only knew how to turn on the rain, not stop it. LOL Thanks for the flashback. Hope your aim gets better.
    Stef
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Sorry
    I can't commisserate with you. I'm in So Cal and it's about 74 today. I've only seen in snow in L. A. about 3 times in my 50 years yere.

But I did want to say - I Love your new picture!!!!
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    last week
    We got our first snow in New Mexico last week. About 4-6 inches and then more the next night. Then it turned to ice. But now it is 70 degrees and fine.

Maureen
  • tommaseena

last week
    We got our first snow in New Mexico last week. About 4-6 inches and then more the next night. Then it turned to ice. But now it is 70 degrees and fine.

Maureen

KathiM
    Your vibes did go in the wrong direction but it is going to be in the high 50's low 60's this weekend so it will be gone.

Margo
  • tommaseena

Sorry
    I can't commisserate with you. I'm in So Cal and it's about 74 today. I've only seen in snow in L. A. about 3 times in my 50 years yere.

But I did want to say - I Love your new picture!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks I like the picture too.
    My #1 little man.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072

KathiM
    Your vibes did go in the wrong direction but it is going to be in the high 50's low 60's this weekend so it will be gone.

Margo

Margo!
    What a gorgeous Picture. I LOVE it!
    We had our first hint of it here in Ontario Canada too, sleet and black skies.. It was bloody horrible!

That picture is just sooooooooooo special, it makes me smile and wish I had done likewise. Huge Hugs to you and Jake.............. Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • sherria49
    sherria49 Member Posts: 126
    Not looking.........
    to see the snow around my way any time soon! I live in Md. Pleeeezzzzz keep it that way. These Marylander's can't drive in an inch of snow, let alone 6.

Warm Hugs to anyone with snow!!!
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    sherria49 said:

Not looking.........
    to see the snow around my way any time soon! I live in Md. Pleeeezzzzz keep it that way. These Marylander's can't drive in an inch of snow, let alone 6.

Warm Hugs to anyone with snow!!!

No Snow Please
    Well ok I do love the snow and how pretty it looks. Now if it could only come with 80 degree weather. I despise the snow but live in central NY and it is unavoidable. Why wasn't I born in Hawaii?
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Margo....
    My mother in law is in Green Maine. I personally have never been to the upper east coast, some day I plan on getting there.....New York, all the places I have never been. Snow is good ;) Everyone else, keep up the snow dance!!
    ~Kari~
  • tommaseena

Margo....
    My mother in law is in Green Maine. I personally have never been to the upper east coast, some day I plan on getting there.....New York, all the places I have never been. Snow is good ;) Everyone else, keep up the snow dance!!
    ~Kari~

Kari
    Kari,
    I travel through Greene, Maine every three weeks when I get my treatments in Lewiston.
    Snow is gone today it was high 50's low 60's today.

Tomorrow I will be raking the rest of the leaves in my yard. Took tomorrow off to prepare for removal of tissue expanders and permanent ones put in on Tuesday so I'll do a little raking then rest and do something else then rake some more, etc.

When and if anyone gets to Maine please let me know and I will try to get together---it would be wonderful to meet one of my sisters or brothers who is or has fight this beast.

Hugs to all,
    Margo
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234

Kari
    Kari,
    I travel through Greene, Maine every three weeks when I get my treatments in Lewiston.
    Snow is gone today it was high 50's low 60's today.

Tomorrow I will be raking the rest of the leaves in my yard. Took tomorrow off to prepare for removal of tissue expanders and permanent ones put in on Tuesday so I'll do a little raking then rest and do something else then rake some more, etc.

When and if anyone gets to Maine please let me know and I will try to get together---it would be wonderful to meet one of my sisters or brothers who is or has fight this beast.

Hugs to all,
    Margo

i live in northern
    i live in northern ontario(canada) we usually have snow but it is +10 today very nice out , wow we are all over the world eh??? love this site tho I feel so good when I am on here.......I HAVE NOT CRIED FOR 3 DAYS NOW......Thanks everyone I really mean that....xoxoxoxo Lisa
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143

i live in northern
    i live in northern ontario(canada) we usually have snow but it is +10 today very nice out , wow we are all over the world eh??? love this site tho I feel so good when I am on here.......I HAVE NOT CRIED FOR 3 DAYS NOW......Thanks everyone I really mean that....xoxoxoxo Lisa

Welcome Lisa - Yes, isn't
    Welcome Lisa - Yes, isn't this site helpful. I'm new to this BC stuff too - and it is so helpful to hear the good things (as well as get a heads up on the not-so-pleasant things) that can happen. It's good to hear from those who are ahead of us - and are regaining their lives. I'm glad you are feeling the support we are all sending one another!

God bless!

Lori