DAY #3 Real Bummer

BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I cannot seem to get anything going right today. Feel really tired but everytime I sit still I feel like I have to move. I walked on the treadmill a bit thought that might help but just seemed to make me more tired. Not really felling sick just kinda blahhhhh. I had the Nuelasta shot yesterday and I think I did okay with it so far. Did have some pain in my neck and back, Tylenol helped. Legs seem to be a little rubbery. I guess I am just in the 3rd day funk. Any hints on what I need to do to get past this or should I just rest and wait it out?

Donna

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Donna I've only had 2 chemo
    Donna I've only had 2 chemo treatments so far. I'm learning and would highly recommend that you spare your energy. Drink lots of water and take it slow. That antsy feeling is probably from the steroids.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Maybe you need distraction.
    Maybe you need distraction. A good funny movie or a hobby or a good book? something to get your mind off of being blah. If you are tired you need to rest. Depends on what your interests are.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    natly15 said:

Donna I've only had 2 chemo
    Donna I've only had 2 chemo treatments so far. I'm learning and would highly recommend that you spare your energy. Drink lots of water and take it slow. That antsy feeling is probably from the steroids.

Not just probably the steroids
    My beloved Moopy had exactly the same "antsy" feeling after each chemo, and it turned out to be definitely the steroids. If I recall correctly, Ativan really helped take the edge off of that edgy feeling.

Best,
    Joe
  • BlownAway60
    Marcia527 said:

Maybe you need distraction.
    Maybe you need distraction. A good funny movie or a hobby or a good book? something to get your mind off of being blah. If you are tired you need to rest. Depends on what your interests are.

Tried Reading
    Tried reading just could not get into it. Previous post are probably corect about the steriods. I took the last for this round of Chemo yeterday. Could be having a little withdrawl. My body is just not used to all these wierd meds.

Thanks for all the caring comments guys. I will try and tough it out since its probably the steriods.

Donna
  • Fran1947
    Fran1947 Member Posts: 72
    Tired
    Hi Donna,

I was on Taxotere and I had my 1st treatment on a Wednesday, thinking that by Sat or Sun I would be better. I am a pastor and planned to preach and lead worship on Sunday. I felt OK day 1 & day 2, by Friday afternoon I was a little shaky, but still planned to write a sermon. Saturday I could BARELY get out of bed. I had to sit on the side of the tub to brush my teeth. Finally about noon I gave in to the inevitable and arranged for someone else to take care of church for Sunday. This extreme fatigue lasted 2-3 days, then I felt better. The second and third treatments were a little better, then the last one was more like the first.

Everyone is different & I hope your side effects are minimal. I'm sure everyone has already suggested that you drink LOTS and LOTS of water.

Hugs,

Fran
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    steroids
    This could definitely be the source of antsy feelings. Even though you only take them right before chemo, the effects will stay in your system for awhile. Have you talked with your doc about getting ativan. I've had bad experiences with steroids in the past and that was the first thing I said to him when I learned I would need them for the Taxotere. I took one with my first dose last night when I took the steroid pills but didn't take the second ativan yet but will be within the next hour. I wanted to wait until closer to chemo so I'm really relaxed.
    Hope things improve. I know how frustrating it is when a pastor feels sick. I'm a preacher's daughter and one of my brothers is a pastor as well and he is recouping from a stroke.
    Take care, it appears we are on the same week schedule for our chemos. You and a couple others lead off and Lori and I follow. Lola
  • BlownAway60

steroids
    This could definitely be the source of antsy feelings. Even though you only take them right before chemo, the effects will stay in your system for awhile. Have you talked with your doc about getting ativan. I've had bad experiences with steroids in the past and that was the first thing I said to him when I learned I would need them for the Taxotere. I took one with my first dose last night when I took the steroid pills but didn't take the second ativan yet but will be within the next hour. I wanted to wait until closer to chemo so I'm really relaxed.
    Hope things improve. I know how frustrating it is when a pastor feels sick. I'm a preacher's daughter and one of my brothers is a pastor as well and he is recouping from a stroke.
    Take care, it appears we are on the same week schedule for our chemos. You and a couple others lead off and Lori and I follow. Lola

Thanks Lola and Joe
    I will definately mention it to my onc. It has been like 30 years since I have to take any kind of steriods. My mother had enyphysemia(sp) and I remember what they used to do to her.

Thanks Again

Donna
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Thanks Lola and Joe
    I will definately mention it to my onc. It has been like 30 years since I have to take any kind of steriods. My mother had enyphysemia(sp) and I remember what they used to do to her.

Thanks Again

Donna

funny how different centers
    funny how different centers do things differently. i got steroid IV as a pretreatment, I do
    not have take any more at home. I am on taxol. As far as AC on the srd day i felt the worst, tired and blah day 4 was better. i had Gi issues later but that was not typical. I was told 3rd day would be like that. Each person is different.I thought it got better each treatment.
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Sorry to hear you are
    Sorry to hear you are feeling blah. I am sure that it will get better - or at least that is what everyone seems to say. I'm 2/3 through with my first treatment - so far so good.

Take care and listen to your body - at least that's what they keep telling me!

Lori
  • BlownAway60
    carkris said:

funny how different centers
    funny how different centers do things differently. i got steroid IV as a pretreatment, I do
    not have take any more at home. I am on taxol. As far as AC on the srd day i felt the worst, tired and blah day 4 was better. i had Gi issues later but that was not typical. I was told 3rd day would be like that. Each person is different.I thought it got better each treatment.

I GOT BOTH
    I believe Deacdron in IV before Chemo and steriod pills to take at home before and after Chemo day. Three days total worth of steriods.

Donna
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Donna
    For me, the shot took full effect 36 hrs after. Waiting it out and taking vicadin helps me.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    laurissa said:

Hi Donna
    For me, the shot took full effect 36 hrs after. Waiting it out and taking vicadin helps me.

also I get very jumpy on
    also I get very jumpy on compazine cant take that
  • Fran1947
    Fran1947 Member Posts: 72
    carkris said:

also I get very jumpy on
    also I get very jumpy on compazine cant take that

compazine
    Oh - I agree! It took a while to realize that was the culprit - but it made my skin crawl and I was just jumpy and edgy - horrible feelings.
  • BlownAway60
    Fran1947 said:

compazine
    Oh - I agree! It took a while to realize that was the culprit - but it made my skin crawl and I was just jumpy and edgy - horrible feelings.

Thanks for the Heads up on the meds.
    Don't have vicodin but do have percocet. Might try that. Took 2 extra strength Tylenol.
    Feeling OK right now up at 1230am tanked at 0730pm last night. My pillows are all wet must have sweatted a lot. I will check into the compazine s/e, especially since I just took another one.

Thnaks for all the great suggestions. Looking forward to a better Day #4.

Donna