Has everyone had their breakfast yet?

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    fauxma said:

Oh my gosh, snowballs are
    Oh my gosh, snowballs are one of my favorites (well maybe not for breakfast) and I always have to share them with our tabby cat. He hears the package being opened and smells them from the back bedroom and comes running and meowing until I give him some of the gooey coconut stuff. It sticks to his mouth and he is so funny eating them. I think it is actually the coconut.
    Okay, I am a diabetic and I should have had breakfast by now, but I haven't. I will be having a slice of toast and half a banana and a glass of milk. That's because I have an 11 doctor's appointment and am trying to be good. I have been know to eat junk for breakfast. Favorite is cold left over pizza or spaghetti. (Wish I had some right now)
    And I love a diet pepsi in the morning. (It's my coffee)
    Stef

yeah, we non-coffee drinkers
    yeah, we non-coffee drinkers like to say that about soda "it's my coffee". Dentists just hate soda. Even one didn't like diet because of the acid. Oh well.
  • Marcia527

The good and the bad
    To start out I had my usual 1/2 cup coffee, with pumpkin spice flavored creamer (yum!), then I made a breakfast burrito with a whole wheat tortilla, egg substitute, salsa, bacon, and lowfat cheese.

Not too bad, but since I've been at work I've been nibbling on the leftover halloween candy I keep on my desk - 1 mini 3 Musketeers bar and a handful of candy corns - not so good!

I brought my lunch today which is pretty healthy, though. Sandwich, FF yogurt, grape tomatoes and cantaloupe. If I can just resist more candy I'll be fine, but it keeps saying "Cindy, oh Cindy! Don't forget about me!!!"

Well, I read the package on
    Well, I read the package on those mini 3 Musketeers bars and they consider 5 as a serving. hee hee hee.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

Sno Balls? I don't even know
    Sno Balls? I don't even know what that is! I am a healthy breakfast eater~usually oatmeal with lots of added cinnamon ( cinnamon lowers blood sugar while oatmeal lowers cholesterol) no milk, but lots of chopped granny smith apples, blueberries and walnuts. I love it!

Weekends Reggie makes whole grain pancakes~ he puts orange zest in the batter ( YUM!) and right b4 he flips them, he puts fresh raspberries on the cake, adds a tiny bit of batter to cover, and every pancake then has WHOLE berries on the inside! Soooo good~ I am not a sweet eater, so I don't use syrup or even butter on them. They are light, fluffy and taste of orange and berries...who needs syrup masking that taste? Not I! LOL
    But I am a coffee snob and grind it fresh and love how the house smells like a coffee house! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I have an ebilsiver pan that
    I have an ebilsiver pan that you put the batter in and then after it cooks a little you can add fruit, jelly, banana slices, then you add a little more batter, and you flip them and cook the other side. The pan looks like an egg poacher so they come out like little round balls. They are yummy. It is a Danish dish and you could get a pan in Solvang. I got mine from my sister in law. She is Danish and her aunt and uncle and grandmother had something to do with founding Nordic ware. So she used to get boxes of stuff from them all the time.
    I don't drink coffee anymore but I love the smell of fresh ground coffee.
    Sno balls are by Hostess and they are pink (unless it's a holiday then they use other colors) with coconut sprinkled and they are cake underneath with the same cream inside that Hostess cupcakes have. There are two in a package and they used to be one pink, one white. I bet kids fought over who got the pink one so now they are both the same color. Pink usually, orange at Halloween, green at St Patricks, etc. I am a purist. Love the pink only.
    Stef
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Breakfast
    Small bowl of Grape Nuts Flakes w/ a glass of milk and half a glass of tomatoe juice. Simple stuff. That's for me.

Donna
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Well, I read the package on
    Well, I read the package on those mini 3 Musketeers bars and they consider 5 as a serving. hee hee hee.

Cool!
    I can have 4 more then!!!!!

I'll try to resist anyway, especially since after I sent my last post someone brought me an evil german chocolate muffin. I ate half and am trying to find a taker for the other half - HELP!!!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    fauxma said:

I have an ebilsiver pan that you put the batter in and then after it cooks a little you can add fruit, jelly, banana slices, then you add a little more batter, and you flip them and cook the other side. The pan looks like an egg poacher so they come out like little round balls. They are yummy. It is a Danish dish and you could get a pan in Solvang. I got mine from my sister in law. She is Danish and her aunt and uncle and grandmother had something to do with founding Nordic ware. So she used to get boxes of stuff from them all the time.
    Sno balls are by Hostess and they are pink (unless it's a holiday then they use other colors) with coconut sprinkled and they are cake underneath with the same cream inside that Hostess cupcakes have. There are two in a package and they used to be one pink, one white. I bet kids fought over who got the pink one so now they are both the same color. Pink usually, orange at Halloween, green at St Patricks, etc. I am a purist. Love the pink only.
    Stef

Love ebilsivers!!
    They're like a cross between a pancake and a donut. Haven't had one in years (I don't have a pan to make my own).
  • Marcia527

Breakfast
    Small bowl of Grape Nuts Flakes w/ a glass of milk and half a glass of tomatoe juice. Simple stuff. That's for me.

Donna

You inspired me. To make up
    You inspired me. To make up for being so bad I'm eating carrots for lunch.
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    chenheart said:

Sno Balls? I don't even know
    Sno Balls? I don't even know what that is! I am a healthy breakfast eater~usually oatmeal with lots of added cinnamon ( cinnamon lowers blood sugar while oatmeal lowers cholesterol) no milk, but lots of chopped granny smith apples, blueberries and walnuts. I love it!

Weekends Reggie makes whole grain pancakes~ he puts orange zest in the batter ( YUM!) and right b4 he flips them, he puts fresh raspberries on the cake, adds a tiny bit of batter to cover, and every pancake then has WHOLE berries on the inside! Soooo good~ I am not a sweet eater, so I don't use syrup or even butter on them. They are light, fluffy and taste of orange and berries...who needs syrup masking that taste? Not I! LOL
    But I am a coffee snob and grind it fresh and love how the house smells like a coffee house! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

OK Chen, you can send that man my way or
    does he have a brother? Those pancakes made my mouth water. Since I had to eat at 5:00 this morning with the steroid pills, I'm hungry again accompanied by a slight headache. I'm trying to keep things at bay with an apple. I know I'm in the wrong spot for this question but are headaches a s/e of the steroids? I may need to take my ativan sooner than I thought. I was going to wait a few more hours. Lola
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    fauxma said:

Oh my gosh, snowballs are
    Oh my gosh, snowballs are one of my favorites (well maybe not for breakfast) and I always have to share them with our tabby cat. He hears the package being opened and smells them from the back bedroom and comes running and meowing until I give him some of the gooey coconut stuff. It sticks to his mouth and he is so funny eating them. I think it is actually the coconut.
    Okay, I am a diabetic and I should have had breakfast by now, but I haven't. I will be having a slice of toast and half a banana and a glass of milk. That's because I have an 11 doctor's appointment and am trying to be good. I have been know to eat junk for breakfast. Favorite is cold left over pizza or spaghetti. (Wish I had some right now)
    And I love a diet pepsi in the morning. (It's my coffee)
    Stef

Stef
    Isn't cold pizza considered a breakfast food? I've always thought so. It's kinda like toast (the crust), ham (the pepperoni, italian sausage or canadian bacon), fruit and/or veggies (pineapple, mushrooms, peppers) and I guess the cheese can substitute for the eggs. And of course the tomato sauce base becomes our tomato juice. See a well-rounded breakfast and quick to grab on the run. Lola
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Marcia527 said:

You inspired me. To make up
    You inspired me. To make up for being so bad I'm eating carrots for lunch.

You are a riot
    I really like your attitude. You could put a little lettuce and tomatoes with those carrots and make yourself a nice salad.

Donna
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Ok, Ok
    But, I'll have you know that this was the ONLY breakfast that I didn't have at home this week. I had a egg and ham sandwich on whole wheat and a pack of those popped chips (garlic and parmesan flavor) and a black tea. Argh. My lunch was really healthy though. Honest.

Mimi
  • Marcia527

You are a riot
    I really like your attitude. You could put a little lettuce and tomatoes with those carrots and make yourself a nice salad.

Donna

That's a good idea except I
    That's a good idea except I ran out of lettuce and tomatoes. All I have is carrots and halloween candy. Well, I could make a roast beef sandwich but don't really feel like meat. I had been eating a salad for lunch every day but ran out. We have lots of other foods but got used to the salad and just can't decide what else I'd eat. This is a lesson to all...don't run out of salad or the Twix bar will call.
  • Marcia527
    mimivac said:

Ok, Ok
    But, I'll have you know that this was the ONLY breakfast that I didn't have at home this week. I had a egg and ham sandwich on whole wheat and a pack of those popped chips (garlic and parmesan flavor) and a black tea. Argh. My lunch was really healthy though. Honest.

Mimi

Egg and ham sandwich don't
    Egg and ham sandwich don't sound too unhealthy compaired to dr pepper and sno balls! My son asked me how it was and I said, "It tasted good going down but now it's rampaging around in my stomach."
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    fauxma said:

Stef

I know I have told this one before, but.....
    As you know, I live less than 3 miles from Solvang ( heading there in half an hour to get a mani-pedi with my niece) and my favorite tho now defunct neighborhood bar there had T-shirts and aprons with the logo: "SOLVANG, A QUAINT DRINKING VILLAGE WITH A SLIGHT DANISH PROBLEM"

Had I known he was shutting down I sooo would have asked him for one of those shirts! Makes me laugh just thinking about it!

Hugs,
    C♥
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

Cool!
    I can have 4 more then!!!!!

I'll try to resist anyway, especially since after I sent my last post someone brought me an evil german chocolate muffin. I ate half and am trying to find a taker for the other half - HELP!!!

Cindy you have a taker. Yum
    Cindy you have a taker. Yum Yum german choc muffin!!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

OK Chen, you can send that man my way or
    does he have a brother? Those pancakes made my mouth water. Since I had to eat at 5:00 this morning with the steroid pills, I'm hungry again accompanied by a slight headache. I'm trying to keep things at bay with an apple. I know I'm in the wrong spot for this question but are headaches a s/e of the steroids? I may need to take my ativan sooner than I thought. I was going to wait a few more hours. Lola

Yes Lola, headaches are a
    Yes Lola, headaches are a S/E. Take whatever you need to feel good,. and start drinking, water that is, tons of it. You wont be sorry.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Egg and ham sandwich don't
    Egg and ham sandwich don't sound too unhealthy compaired to dr pepper and sno balls! My son asked me how it was and I said, "It tasted good going down but now it's rampaging around in my stomach."

It's the end of the week...
    ...and I do my grocery shopping on Saturday mornings, so the fridge was a little bare this morning when I went to grab something to bring with me to work for breakfast. Ended up with two single-serving containers of cottage cheese and a banana...and a Pepsi, my morning drug of choice.

And peanut butter toast ROCKS! If you want to step it up a notch, try it with Trader Joe's sunflower seed butter instead -- that's actually what I had for lunch.

Traci
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    TraciInLA said:

It's the end of the week...
    ...and I do my grocery shopping on Saturday mornings, so the fridge was a little bare this morning when I went to grab something to bring with me to work for breakfast. Ended up with two single-serving containers of cottage cheese and a banana...and a Pepsi, my morning drug of choice.

And peanut butter toast ROCKS! If you want to step it up a notch, try it with Trader Joe's sunflower seed butter instead -- that's actually what I had for lunch.

Traci

Breakfast
    Well with my handfull of pills there is not alot of room for real food, but today I had coffee, a boost, and peanut butter and jelly samitch. I alternat this with oatmeal with peanut butter in it, to the samitch.
    tj
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    tjhay said:

Breakfast
    Well with my handfull of pills there is not alot of room for real food, but today I had coffee, a boost, and peanut butter and jelly samitch. I alternat this with oatmeal with peanut butter in it, to the samitch.
    tj

I Win!
    I excelled this morning............ Scrambled (Strangled) eggs on toast, Fried mushrooms and tomatoes.......Oh Man It was SCRUMPTIOUS!

Loads of butter salt and pepper.............Orgasmic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Oh Boy!
    Kathi does that mean I may actually feel like food on Sunday. Yeh! We are picking up a Costco chicken and my daughter is making mashed potatoes and gravy to go with on our way home from chemo. I'll ride around in the cute little go-cart. We're looking at home-made chx noodle soup tomorrow. Maybe I can having sausage and biscuits on Sun. Yum! Lola

Yup....
    I always had my infusions on Wednesday, Thursday was my 'hampster in a wheel day' (SUPER energy from the anti-nausea steriods), Friday afternoon thru Sunday morning was fairly narly...but then, Sunday morning later (after 5 am..lol) it was GLORIOUS!!!! I could EAT again!!! Then Monday, for lunch, I always had a big turkey sandwich from a chain in So California called Farmer Boys...2 inches of shaved turkey...mmmmmmm!

Hang in there, dear soul!

Hugs, Kathi