Starting Radiation next week.

Options
ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well now that I am done with Chemo,I move on to radiation.I think being done with Chemo has been one of the happiest times of my life.Their really will be a end to all this one day.Wish me luck as i know you do.Love and prayers(Pat).

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Pat. I actually
    Good luck, Pat. I actually was supposed to start next week, too but they called me on Wednesday to come in for the simulation. I did that at 5:00 and actually started my radiation yesterday. I will go every morning at 10:20. I am so excited because I will be done, without an complications, on December 23rd. This will be the bestest Christmas present I receive......other than my ornament from my ornament buddy, of course. We'll compare notes as we go through this.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Good LUCK
    To you.....I am so happy you're done with chemo......to me that was the BIGGEST hurdle to overcome. I finished rads 1 week ago today.....I have to say, it wasn't FOR ME, bad at all.....I have had no blistering or peeling.....I never even experienced any redness for about 4 weeks....which I was told was normal. Now I have the "tan" of a lifetime.....a "tanned boob!" What has drove me nuts is itching.....My last 7 were boosters...this is VERY red and tender but nothing I can't deal with..
    I would suggest ONLY USING what your radiation oncologist tells you to use during treatment. I had no tiredness until the 4th week, either....rads like chemo is cumulative....I had some days, towards the end where I was exhausted......but I feel really good now, although I do make sure I rest.....

You've got light at the end of the tunnel......YEAH! Rads starts out being a drag, but at least we have a completion date.......Keep your eye on the finish line!

Best wishes
  • ppurdin
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Good luck, Pat. I actually
    Good luck, Pat. I actually was supposed to start next week, too but they called me on Wednesday to come in for the simulation. I did that at 5:00 and actually started my radiation yesterday. I will go every morning at 10:20. I am so excited because I will be done, without an complications, on December 23rd. This will be the bestest Christmas present I receive......other than my ornament from my ornament buddy, of course. We'll compare notes as we go through this.

Radiation,
    Hi my turnNow.Sounds great to me to share what we go through.I am so excited to get this done.What a long hard journey this has been.Like you I am hoping to be done by the end of the year.They told me they will do the cat scan to mark me and start Radiation the next day.I hope I heard her right.That seams fast,well thanks for your reply.keep in touch please and I will do the same.Love and Prayers(Pat).
  • ppurdin
    Options
    MAJW said:

Good LUCK
    To you.....I am so happy you're done with chemo......to me that was the BIGGEST hurdle to overcome. I finished rads 1 week ago today.....I have to say, it wasn't FOR ME, bad at all.....I have had no blistering or peeling.....I never even experienced any redness for about 4 weeks....which I was told was normal. Now I have the "tan" of a lifetime.....a "tanned boob!" What has drove me nuts is itching.....My last 7 were boosters...this is VERY red and tender but nothing I can't deal with..
    I would suggest ONLY USING what your radiation oncologist tells you to use during treatment. I had no tiredness until the 4th week, either....rads like chemo is cumulative....I had some days, towards the end where I was exhausted......but I feel really good now, although I do make sure I rest.....

You've got light at the end of the tunnel......YEAH! Rads starts out being a drag, but at least we have a completion date.......Keep your eye on the finish line!

Best wishes

radiation,.
    Finish line,sounds great to me.that brought tears to my eye,s to think I will be finished soon like you.These are happy happy tears .I am glad your done .Thank you for your reply.love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    ppurdin said:

radiation,.
    Finish line,sounds great to me.that brought tears to my eye,s to think I will be finished soon like you.These are happy happy tears .I am glad your done .Thank you for your reply.love and Prayers.(Pat).

WELCOME!
    You are so welcome! If I can help, just let me know...

Go get 'em!
    Peace be with you