Has everyone had their breakfast yet?

Marcia527
Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I thought it would be interesting to hear what everyone ate when they didn't know they'd have to tell. You know like those 'come as you are' parties. The 'no taste' post got me thinking. I thought of what I'd like to taste. So yell at me if you will but here is my breakfast:

Dr Pepper and 2 Sno Balls. :-O

So what did y'all have?

Comments

• lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    OK, I'm game
    I don't normally eat quite this early but since I had to take my 2nd dose of pre-chemo steroids I had
    2 pieces of multigrain toast w/peanut butter and NO COFFEE! grrrr! I decided to limit my caffeine intake this week with the chemo today.
    While this sounds fairly healthy, it's coming off a week of grabbing food on the way to work, usually bagels and creme cheese and one day - McDonald's grease meal! Can you guess I'm a stress eater?
    Got to get back on my healthy eating track.
    Marcia - I won't yell at you. I've done that breakfast entre before only the soda was Mt Dew (had to have my caffeine)
    Lola
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Sigh....sensible oatmeal...lol!
    But, before I got OLD, I used to eat pizza and drink soda for breakfast...and, the Sunday after infusion, when I could eat again, I ate at least 2 crescent rolls and then tore into a big bowl of sweet and sour chicken I had bought and stuck in the fridge...

Hugs, Kathi
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    KathiM said:

But, before I got OLD, I used to eat pizza and drink soda for breakfast...and, the Sunday after infusion, when I could eat again, I ate at least 2 crescent rolls and then tore into a big bowl of sweet and sour chicken I had bought and stuck in the fridge...

Hugs, Kathi

Oh Boy!
    Kathi does that mean I may actually feel like food on Sunday. Yeh! We are picking up a Costco chicken and my daughter is making mashed potatoes and gravy to go with on our way home from chemo. I'll ride around in the cute little go-cart. We're looking at home-made chx noodle soup tomorrow. Maybe I can having sausage and biscuits on Sun. Yum! Lola
  • Marcia527

OK, I'm game
    I don't normally eat quite this early but since I had to take my 2nd dose of pre-chemo steroids I had
    2 pieces of multigrain toast w/peanut butter and NO COFFEE! grrrr! I decided to limit my caffeine intake this week with the chemo today.
    While this sounds fairly healthy, it's coming off a week of grabbing food on the way to work, usually bagels and creme cheese and one day - McDonald's grease meal! Can you guess I'm a stress eater?
    Got to get back on my healthy eating track.
    Marcia - I won't yell at you. I've done that breakfast entre before only the soda was Mt Dew (had to have my caffeine)
    Lola

I thought I was the only one
    I thought I was the only one who ate peanut butter on toast! No one ever talks about it.
  • Marcia527
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

Sweet and sour chicken
    Sweet and sour chicken sounds good. Haven't had that for ages.

Once I went to a birthday sleep over and this friend's mom let us eat CAKE for breakfast! I never got that for breakfast as a kid. We only had cereal so I didn't know you could eat anything!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Marcia, your breakfast sound
    Marcia, your breakfast sound so much better than mine!! Yum. I had 2 cups of coffee and a bowl of watermelon. Since I was on chemo, I have craved watermelon. I get one weekly and cut it up and have a big bowl in the frige. Oh yeah, I also had a doughnut with chocolate icing. I was trying to forget that but thought honesty is the best policy! Have a good day all.
  • Marcia527
    MyTurnNow said:

Marcia, your breakfast sound
    Marcia, your breakfast sound so much better than mine!! Yum. I had 2 cups of coffee and a bowl of watermelon. Since I was on chemo, I have craved watermelon. I get one weekly and cut it up and have a big bowl in the frige. Oh yeah, I also had a doughnut with chocolate icing. I was trying to forget that but thought honesty is the best policy! Have a good day all.

Well, the watermelon was
    Well, the watermelon was good for you. The rest can be a secret. You know what they say...moderation.
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Marcia527 said:

Well, the watermelon was
    Well, the watermelon was good for you. The rest can be a secret. You know what they say...moderation.

Just plain
    oatmeal with raisins, one fig, and two cups of green tea. I've really changed my diet since being diagnosed. I put the Halloween candy in the mailbox for the mailman!
  • Marcia527
    BunnyJane said:

Just plain
    oatmeal with raisins, one fig, and two cups of green tea. I've really changed my diet since being diagnosed. I put the Halloween candy in the mailbox for the mailman!

Wow, are you good. If I put
    Wow, are you good. If I put candy in the mailbox it'd be hot, sticky mess. I live in Texas and I think it's getting to 78 degrees today.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    BunnyJane said:

Just plain

Well, although I try to eat
    Well, although I try to eat healthy, my breakfast every morning is a banana and a cup of coffee with honey. This has become a habit, and it is working for me to keep nausea away. Your snowball sounds yummy, Marcia......I love those things. Might have to get my hubby to make a grocery store run so I can join you in the morning. Hugs.

Judy
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Love it
    Love peanut butter on toast, sometimes with some real butter added (bad bad I know). Today I had a breakfast sandwich from the building's cafe - ham/egg/cheese and bacon on a croissant. They make the best - I added the bacon.
    Hungry again - Pat
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Sno Balls? I don't even know
    Sno Balls? I don't even know what that is! I am a healthy breakfast eater~usually oatmeal with lots of added cinnamon ( cinnamon lowers blood sugar while oatmeal lowers cholesterol) no milk, but lots of chopped granny smith apples, blueberries and walnuts. I love it!

Weekends Reggie makes whole grain pancakes~ he puts orange zest in the batter ( YUM!) and right b4 he flips them, he puts fresh raspberries on the cake, adds a tiny bit of batter to cover, and every pancake then has WHOLE berries on the inside! Soooo good~ I am not a sweet eater, so I don't use syrup or even butter on them. They are light, fluffy and taste of orange and berries...who needs syrup masking that taste? Not I! LOL
    But I am a coffee snob and grind it fresh and love how the house smells like a coffee house! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527

Well, although I try to eat
    Well, although I try to eat healthy, my breakfast every morning is a banana and a cup of coffee with honey. This has become a habit, and it is working for me to keep nausea away. Your snowball sounds yummy, Marcia......I love those things. Might have to get my hubby to make a grocery store run so I can join you in the morning. Hugs.

Judy

Ah Judy, I don't eat them
    Ah Judy, I don't eat them every morning. In fact hardly eat them at all. My husband bought them last night and this morning it was lying on the counter calling my name. To counteract the bad I washed it down with 'DR' pepper.
  • Marcia527
    padee6339 said:

Love it
    Love peanut butter on toast, sometimes with some real butter added (bad bad I know). Today I had a breakfast sandwich from the building's cafe - ham/egg/cheese and bacon on a croissant. They make the best - I added the bacon.
    Hungry again - Pat

Never had ham and bacon with
    Never had ham and bacon with egg and cheese.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    chenheart said:

Sno Balls? I don't even know what that is! I am a healthy breakfast eater~usually oatmeal with lots of added cinnamon ( cinnamon lowers blood sugar while oatmeal lowers cholesterol) no milk, but lots of chopped granny smith apples, blueberries and walnuts. I love it!

Weekends Reggie makes whole grain pancakes~ he puts orange zest in the batter ( YUM!) and right b4 he flips them, he puts fresh raspberries on the cake, adds a tiny bit of batter to cover, and every pancake then has WHOLE berries on the inside! Soooo good~ I am not a sweet eater, so I don't use syrup or even butter on them. They are light, fluffy and taste of orange and berries...who needs syrup masking that taste? Not I! LOL
    But I am a coffee snob and grind it fresh and love how the house smells like a coffee house! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Oh my goodnes, you'd have to
    Oh my goodnes, you'd have to ask on a bad breakfast day. Of course I dont have to answer, but I will. Yesterday I had 2 frozen whole grain waffles with raspberries.
    Since I have an ounce of energy today, I decided to bake some cookies from a recipe I found on the cooking channel. My younger son, his wife and baby daughter Brooke will be visiting this Sunday, so I thought I'd make a dessert. I had 4or 5 cookies for breakfast and lunch, and decided that since I got off to bad start, I'd just have a junk food day. I also had a couple of kettle chips. By the way, the cookies werent worth the effort, perhaps thats why I had 4 or 5, trying to find the flavor, or maybe its my tastebuds, which seem to be fading away. I'm also a peanut butter on toast person.
  • Marcia527
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Sometimes we make pancakes
    Sometimes we make pancakes with whole blueberries in them. Much better than the box mixes where the berries are dried. You haven't had a pancake till you've had one with fresh fruit. Yeah, you don't need syrup with it. Haven't tried raspberries tho. I've used bananas and peaches too.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    The good and the bad
    To start out I had my usual 1/2 cup coffee, with pumpkin spice flavored creamer (yum!), then I made a breakfast burrito with a whole wheat tortilla, egg substitute, salsa, bacon, and lowfat cheese.

Not too bad, but since I've been at work I've been nibbling on the leftover halloween candy I keep on my desk - 1 mini 3 Musketeers bar and a handful of candy corns - not so good!

I brought my lunch today which is pretty healthy, though. Sandwich, FF yogurt, grape tomatoes and cantaloupe. If I can just resist more candy I'll be fine, but it keeps saying "Cindy, oh Cindy! Don't forget about me!!!"
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Oh my gosh, snowballs are
    Oh my gosh, snowballs are one of my favorites (well maybe not for breakfast) and I always have to share them with our tabby cat. He hears the package being opened and smells them from the back bedroom and comes running and meowing until I give him some of the gooey coconut stuff. It sticks to his mouth and he is so funny eating them. I think it is actually the coconut.
    Okay, I am a diabetic and I should have had breakfast by now, but I haven't. I will be having a slice of toast and half a banana and a glass of milk. That's because I have an 11 doctor's appointment and am trying to be good. I have been know to eat junk for breakfast. Favorite is cold left over pizza or spaghetti. (Wish I had some right now)
    And I love a diet pepsi in the morning. (It's my coffee)
    Stef
  • Marcia527
    natly15 said:

Oh my goodnes, you'd have to
    Oh my goodnes, you'd have to ask on a bad breakfast day. Of course I dont have to answer, but I will. Yesterday I had 2 frozen whole grain waffles with raspberries.
    Since I have an ounce of energy today, I decided to bake some cookies from a recipe I found on the cooking channel. My younger son, his wife and baby daughter Brooke will be visiting this Sunday, so I thought I'd make a dessert. I had 4or 5 cookies for breakfast and lunch, and decided that since I got off to bad start, I'd just have a junk food day. I also had a couple of kettle chips. By the way, the cookies werent worth the effort, perhaps thats why I had 4 or 5, trying to find the flavor, or maybe its my tastebuds, which seem to be fading away. I'm also a peanut butter on toast person.

natly,
    My dad used to make

natly,
    My dad used to make chocolate chip cookies and he'd put oatmeal and nuts in them to make them healthier. Or maybe it was to make them good but they were really good. All the kids, including big kids, would head for the cookie jar when ever they visited.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Marcia527 said:

I thought I was the only one
    I thought I was the only one who ate peanut butter on toast! No one ever talks about it.

I love peanut butter on
    I love peanut butter on toast. Have it all the time. And peanut butter on french bread also. But I hate peanut butter in any other food, cookies, reese's stuff, etc. Go figure.
    Stef