Sister just had biopsy

helen e
helen e Member Posts: 223
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I found out on 9/9/09 that I had bc. Had a lumpectomy on 10/2 and now have to have a mastectomy and reconstruction on 12/11. It's a lot to take in. I also have 3 sisters. I love them all dearly but am especially close with one. We actually both teach at the same school and see each other everyday (she also lives less than 1 mile away from me). She had her routine mammo about a month ago. She called after to make sure they check it over really well because I had just found out that I had bc. She got a letter telling her everything was clear. Then her dr. called and wanted to see Bottom line she has calcium deposit (around 9) and they need to do a biopsy on them. She had the biopsy done today and now the waiting begins. Please pray for her. She is so scared, I wish that there was something I could do for her except be there. She said that she didn't want to take me up on my offer to go with her to the biopsy because I've been through enough. I say who better to know what she's going through and I'm still going to worry anyway. Guess I'm starting to ramble on, sorry. Thanks for listening.

Helen

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    I will
    I will certainly pray for her!

Debby
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    DebbyM said:

I will
    I will certainly pray for her!

Debby

She's blessed to have you and your experience.
    My sisters ran out and had there mammos after my diagnosis. Fortunately, they were fine. If they had a scare, my experience would have been a big help. Like you, I am very close to one of my sisters. She is my fraturnal twin. We celebrated our 59th birthdays yesterday. No one should go this alone. She was there for me and if she ever goes through this or another crisis, I will be there for her. God bless you both. Hopefully, this is just a scare because with your family history they will be more careful.

Roseann
  • brenda247
    brenda247 Member Posts: 124
    prayers for your sister
    just wanted to say sorry bout your sister sounds like she has an awesome sister to lean on. i was dignosed with bc may 2009 had a mastectomy on april 20 2009. just got done with chemo.. YEPPPYY!!! my sister found the same as yours and hers turned out to be ok. yes the waiting period to find out is the hard part. hang in there and i will keep your sis in my prayers!!!
    brenda
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Helen, I will definately
    Helen, I will definately sent positive thoughts your way to receive "good" news for your sister. Take care.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    MyTurnNow said:

Helen, I will definately
    Helen, I will definately sent positive thoughts your way to receive "good" news for your sister. Take care.

I am praying for your sister
    I am praying for your sister too!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    My hairdresser has calcium
    My hairdresser has calcium deposits also. They removed them and she is doing fine, yes, I will pray for your sister, and you also!